Of closets and confessions

Of closets and confessions (Jercico).

Prompt: pure-fluff Jercico

Rating: PG

Characters because I don't have word count and I'm lazy: 18k ish.

Authors note: turns out this was very difficult to get pure fluff without sacrificing a plot or originality. I had about four different versions of this before settling on this one, and even then it has its moments. So uh, deal with it idk lol also am super sorry it took like two weeks. I've been really busy with various things.

Nico felt like a big toasty cinnamon bun wrapped up in both his duvet and the cushiony pillow of sleep. He always found the first moments of consciousness in the morning to be the most freeing.

"Hmm," He hummed, he felt Percys fingers trace down his spine, gently rousing him from sleep. His fingers were soon replaced with soft lips, kissing the pale flesh exposed to him.

"Good morning," Percy whispered against Nicos back, dragging his nose along the shoulder blade.

"Is it morning already?" Nico yawned, before settling down further in the sheets, "It feels like I've only been asleep for an hour."

"Well, that's because you constantly oversleep. It makes you more tired, just look at the kids in cabin 15, Clovis sleeps constantly. Are you sure you aren't secretly a child of Hypnos?"

Nico scowled into his pillow and sighed heavily, he hated when Percy teased him.

"No, Perseus, I am a child of hades, and I am as important as powerful as you are," the words were full of conviction, but his voice was not. He'd recited this so many times he didn't even try to be convincing anymore. Besides, he knew Percy was only teasing him, judging by the soft laughter coming from behind him.

"We do need to get up, though," Percy poked his boyfriend in the side, causing him to jolt, and Percy to laugh, "well that got you up! And so much easier than sex," he winked.

"Ha, ha," Nico replied sarcastically, "Id prefer the sex anyway. Why are you waking me up, where do we have to be?"

"Oh, Nico," Percy scolded, slapping the boys butt a little too hard and leaving a print, "it's Jasons birthday. Or to rephrase, our best friends birthday. I can't believe you forgot, did you even get him a present?"

Nicos eyes widened, he groaned before burying his head in his pillow.

"Damn," he mumbled into the fabric, "I was going to, I really was, but I believe it was around the time you came home in the middle of the day and were particularly naked."

"Well as long as that's the reason, who cares?" Percy grinned, "ill just put your name on my present. Now this nakedness you speak of.."

*****

Jasons villa had been transformed for the party. It was already pretty special, he'd gotten one of the premium villas in New Rome what with him being praetor for so long. He was enjoying retirement here, the only places better than this belonged to Frank and Reyna. It was two stories, but each floor was huge, allowing more than enough room for one guy. This made it the favourite place for the seven plus Reyna and Nico to hang out. In some ways it was a shame "civilians" couldn't enter the active praetors homes, apparently they were closer to palaces than villas.

The lower floor was vast in itself, the cavernous entry way was dominated by an indoor marble fountain. A grand staircase sat against the back walk leading off upstairs. To the left an archway led to the kitchen slash dining room, a huge wooden table sat as the focal point as you first enter the room, beyond which was a very modern kitchen, unexpected but somehow it worked. To the right of the atrium was the living room, plush sofas with plenty of cushions, which could easily play host to twenty guests. A sixty inch flat screen hung from the wall with wires attached to every game console imaginable, the games to which could be seen all up one wall. Dvds and games filled the entire front wall, leaving space only for the bay window. To the back of the room was a snooker table, and various old school arcade games such as pacman and space invaders.