May

With our O.W.L.s getting closer, the only thing I've had time for is revision, which is hardly interesting to write about. There's very little to say to be quite honest with you. Except that in a one particularly eventful day, we uncovered Potter's stupid band of outcasts practicing defence magic in a secret room upstairs. Stupid lot. 'Dumbledore's Army' they were calling themselves; army my arse, they were no match for the Inquisitorial Squad. Their discovery did also lead to Dumbledore's removal as Headmaster of Hogwarts, so now we have Umbridge instead. That woman gets everywhere doesn't she? Like a cold that just won't go away. Or if you believe those stupid rumours, like You-Know-Who, back again according to the famous Scar-headed Chosen Wonder.       

So besides that upheaval, its been relatively peaceful. After what I like to call the 'Quidditch' incident a few weeks ago, everything's pretty much back to normal. Draco and I nearly got carried away but we're young, why do everything now when we have years ahead of us together? It wasn't even something we needed to put into words, we just both knew, and cuddled up in the warm together under the covers in his bed; skin still slick and cold from the thundering downpour outside. And it's rather funny because our relationship has gone back to that flirty fun we used to have before the rings and the seriousness. Which was fantastic but it wasn't quite us. Normal just doesn't suit us; Slytherin royalty. I would say we were the only ones causing a scene but our attempts were unusually overshadowed by those ginger abominations known more widely as Fred and George Weasley.       

***      

We were in a study lesson, with Snape unfortunately. At least it wasn't Umbridge - I cannot stand looking at her ridiculous pink outfits for more than one lesson a day, and we'd already had her first period telling us how the Minister was expecting the DADA students to have the highest OWL scores on record with her 'revolutionary' teaching method. Revolutionary is one word. It's not the one I'd use. Crap is another. And it's one that I would use to describe that toad's horrific attempts at educating us on defensive magical spells. Even the half-breed werewolf was better. Moody was the best, until we found out he was really a murdering Death Eater under Polyjuice Potion's influences. As much as I'm a Pureblood and everything, I have a really strong dislike for Death Eaters. Yeah, mudbloods shouldn't have magic and rights and an education like those who are Pure. Even half-bloods are fine, I'd cope with that. Blood traitors are a bit iffy but at least they haven't cheated their way into magic that millions could only dream of. Where did the muggles even get it? That's what they really are - jumped up muggles stealing our magic. See, I dislike all that stuff as much as  your average Pureblood but there has to be a better way of stopping it than killing and torturing them.       

As we studied our books, Snape gazing out at us from the front of the Hall, Draco and I fixed each other with a grin and nodded slightly. He turned his attentions towards Pansy as I continued to work.       

"Pansy," he drawled; her name on his tongue causing my skin to crawl. It should be my name or nothing. "What's this question asking about, I have no idea at all. I know you'll be able to help me out, right?"       

It was embarrassing how quickly she jumped at the chance to help him, hopping up from her seat and sliding in beside him on the bench. She leaned into him, practically sitting on his lap, pointing out the information he needed on the page in front of them. I let it carry on for a bit, writing my own notes for the History of Magic exam next month whilst that pug-faced girl crawled all over my boyfriend. She has no self-restraint; dignity is something she also lacking in, looks too, but I shan't be bitchy about it. Nat was clearly thinking similar thoughts in her own head as her eye twitched a little watching them. I knew their behaviour would catch the eye of one of my fellow Slytherins and now it was whether it would be Natalie or one of the others. Natalie bit her lip and held back the words she surely wanted to say, but soon enough I had Daphne Greengrass nudging my arm and whispering to me about the situation instead.