February

"You look gorgeous babe," Draco appraised, his eyes raking over my body quickly, taking in the sight of me in the gorgeous ballgown I was wearing. It flowed to the floor in a mix of blues and purples. His eyes flitted back up to my face, which for once I could feel was flushed and blushing at the compliment. Usually, I just knew I looked hot, today I wanted to know Draco thought I looked it, and I was happy I had managed that for our first proper outing as a couple.

Valentines Day. Better get going down to the Great Hall and join the party.

As we entered, hand in hand, fingers interlinked, I saw the ceiling was a beautiful pink and orange, reflecting the setting sun outside. Pale pink hearts floated around, with tiny candles in between. They let out a warm glow and everything looked so cute - not normally my style, I go in for the sexy look over sweet, but I liked it. Must be the whole 'being in love' thing. I caught Draco staring at me out the corner of my eye and squeezed his hand a little. He grinned as my ring sparkled in the dying light and kissed me softly at the corner of my mouth. His other arm came and encircled my waist and he guided me slowly across the room to where the other Slytherins were already gathering. Eyes followed us as we joined our friends, probably curious as to our seemingly official relationship although they couldn't quite be sure as Draco began speaking with the other girls too, and me Blaise and Theo, loving the confusion we caused.

One girl in particular seemed particularly intrigued by us, or rather, me. Every time I turned around, the pathetic Gryffindor girl was staring at me. She seemed to think she was sly... not.

I ignored her and carried on talking with my friends, cuddled into Draco's solid side. I had my hand round his waist and in his back pocket, under the stunning dark grey tailcoat he had on. He looked dashing in the suit, all a similar colour except for an ivory shirt and powdery purple blue silk waist coat that I was going to take thorough advantage of later. I can't resist him in a suit.

An hour in and I was dying for a drink. I excused myself from the circle and headed over to the drinks table, grabbing a glass of wine for me, and a Butterbeer for Draco.

I was on my way back when once again, the girl - Rosanna, I knew her name for her entire family had been in Slytherin, except her - began staring at me. As I got closer, she began walking towards me. I called out over the general chatter and music playing.

"Look, sweetheart, what's your issue?" Rosanna looked at me, affronted.

"What are you trying to say?" she asked stupidly. I stared at her, shook my head a little and spelt it out for her in simple language. Maybe she wasn't good enough for Gryffindor either and should've been a Hufflepuff.

"I'm implying that either you have a crush on me, or you wanna say something - so go ahead and say it Honey." She stood there silently, clearly thinking of what to say next. When finally she opened her mouth, it was quite honestly the stupidest thing I'd ever heard.

"You don't get it do you? I'm supposed to be a Snake and you all know. Just because I made a mistake." Seriously? What in the name of Merlin is she on about? She's a Gryffindor, how was she meant to 'be a Slytherin?'