06.21 - Rivera Lukas

Start from the beginning

"Oh? What make you think so?" Maxie grinned.

"Am I wrong?" The host's arc one of her brow in a challenge. "Let's ignore the fact that you're Jager Corp's first female CEO, but you're also the youngest"

"Actually, I'm not" Maxie laughed.

"You're not?" The host was confused.

"Cain Jager was 19 when he served as CEO" Maxie smiled with amusement.

"That doesn't count" Host huffed to hide her embarrassment. "Mr. Cain Jager founded Jager's Trade and Commerce when he was 19. It wasn't until he was 24 years old that the company became Jager Corp. And he did not officially take the role as CEO until he was 35."

"Technicality" Maxie teased the host.

"The point is" The host continued. "It not normal for anyone to be in your position and be able to handle the pressure"

Maxie just smile while the host continued on with her round of questions. As the interview continued on, Blaze watched with amusement at his cousin usual nonchalant manner.

"Your sister is amazing..."

At the sound of the soft, gentle voice, Blaze turned to give a warm smile toward the beautiful girl beside him. The story own very female lead, Sophia Solis returned the warm smile as she leaned to Blaze's side and wrapped her hands around his arm. Blaze was in a good mood up until a familiar voice insulted Maxie. In the large dining hall, Dustin Jager was with his group of friends while he commented on Maxie Luther's ugly appearance in comparison to his super model sister, Ruby Jager. Only tables away, Dustin had purposely spoke out loudly to provoke Blaze. Even though Blaze Jager rarely sees Maxie in the last few years, he spoke to her often on the phone. Once or twice a week, Maxie would call to tease or make fun of him, but Blaze still felt move, believing that it was Maxie's ways to check up on him. And before he knew it, Blaze accepted Maxie truly as his sister and family. And to hear anyone insult his sister, Blaze Jager naturally would not stand it. Standing up, Blaze glared at Dustin.

"What?" Dustin glared back. "You have something to say?"

Blaze would have left his seat if not for the female lead's hold of his arm.

"Personal question Maxie, I hope you don't mind me asking." The host sudden question stopped Blaze. "The birthmark on your face, why not remove it?"

The question had been very personal and irrelevant that everyone was surprised the Business Host would ask it. While people expect Maxie to be shock or upset by the inappropriate question, the woman smiled instead.

"What's wrong with my birthmark?" Maxie asked with amusement.

Maxie's own question startled the host. What's wrong with the birthmark?

"Well..." All of the sudden, the host didn't know how to continue with the question. "The location is..."

The host didn't need to finish for anyone to understand her meaning. Many people also thought the location was wrong.

"Do you know the process of removing hemangioma birthmark?" Maxie continued to ask.

The host didn't know so did not replied.

"In light cases, laser treatments can remove the mark. In cases like mine, I have to go through surgery and possible skin grafting." Maxie answered with her usual carefree smiles.

"So why not remove it?" The host wasn't the only one who was curious.

"Why should I go through such pain to remove it?" Maxie smirked.