『a plan for the future [2]

A/N: I won't lie, I've been coming back to this chapter so many times these past few months. However, I absolutely hated how it started and didn't know how to change it within the short break that I had. Today I finally just deleted and started again and bam I finally wrote the entire chapter. 

Besides that, I found it extremely difficult to even edit/update since I've run into some huge hiccups. My entire life has changed to a huge degree, and every time I feel like I'm finding some stability in my life, life just kicks me even harder. But I guess life is like that, all you can do is continue moving along I suppose. 

I hope I didn't lose you guys. Your support has always brought me back to doing something I love to do. And for that I will forever be grateful. Please enjoy c:

[___]

On the morning of a bitterly cold day, the group reunites once more to go over the distribution of tasks. You have a little less than two months to pull off this miracle, but the freezing temperatures have stalled your determination. Although the initial meeting was a week ago, nothing has been accomplished besides devouring the entire food supply of each restaurant. 

Lucikly for you, eye candy sits in front of the planning committee. Sokka. Chiseled man. Flawless facial hair scaping man... Yeah, he was a sight for sore eyes (despite you having an equally chiseled boyfriend). 

Sokka clears his throat to begin the meeting and all fall into line. The attention belongs to him and he wields it with authority. "I want to know what ideas you guys came up with over the week. Kya, you start. And [Name], please start writing down the details of this meeting."

Said girl shows no signs of reservedness. She makes eye contact with each participant as she states what she can offer to the group. "I can get the Southern Water Tribe to help with anything, maybe get some businesses here to cooperate," Kya states. "We can secure a large area in the heart of the city if we play our cards right."

She glances over to her brother for him to recite his involvement in the festival, and he does so albeit with a little less confidence. "I have contacts in Republic City that may be interested in helping out," Tenzin says as he scratches his beard at the thought.

Sokka hums in agreement, finding great potential in this. His mesmerizing blue optics then fall on Iroh, who appears more apprehensive than Tenzin. "Iroh?"

The boy swallows any hesitation and charges forward with the sternest, deepest voice he can muster. "I can firebend." The conviction in his voice halts your pen against the paper, and you gaze up at him with confusion. His unrelenting posture invites a long pause from the group, and you feel a need to elbow Tonraq to keep the meeting going and salvage Iroh's reputation caused by his lackluster answer.

Tonraq assumes right in your elbowing and continues on, "I... can help with the negotiations with the Northern Tribe."

Now, THIS grabs the attention of all as they forget the last words spoken by the Fire Prince. However, concern replaces that feeling of confusion and you speak up to express that.

"Are you sure you want to let them know that you're here, Tonraq?" 

"They'll find out sooner or later. My banished status means I can no longer return to the Northern Tribe. As long as I stay here, I'll be fine," he smiles softly. "I can't be on the run for the rest of my life, and if I can be helpful to our Southern brothers, then that's enough for me."

You can't help but return the smile with one of your own, his bravery instilling inspiration in your soul. "Ok, I'll put you down for relations with the Northern Water Tribe."

"Thank you, Tonraq," Sokka nods his head. "We would truly appreciate any sort of effort from you... Okay, Haku?"

Haku straightens up at the call of his name. "I'm good at talking."

Everyone stares at him blankly. Another poorly thought out plan but it works. "Ok... I guess you'll be put down for Northern Water Tribe relations too," you mutter.

"What are you doing then, [Name]?" Kya asks.

You perk up, your plan just as poorly thought out as the rest of your group. "I'll be managing the entire project and making decisions as they arrive!"

She appears unimpressed, but Sokka chuckles at your enthusiasm. "Shouldn't that be me?"

"Well, no. Since you don't have time to be micro-managing us, I will just report to you on a weekly basis."

He seems keen on the help you offer and takes it with full confidence in your intellect. "Thank you, I'll leave it to your capable hands." He flashes a dazzling smile that causes your cheeks to flush in embarrassment. 

Everyone notices the exchange, but Kya finds herself more disgusted and responds to it.

"Stop flirting with her uncle. She's half your age," she groans.

Sokka breaks his stoic form and screeches out at the implications. "I-I'm not!"

"I'm telling my mother you're flirting with young girls," she continues with disgust.

"D-DON'T TELL KATARA THAT!"

[___]

The meeting ends after the list of duties has been divided out evenly. People begin to vacate the room, off to begin their tasks. You take your time in leaving as you sort through your notes and decide the best course of action.

You don't notice your boyfriend fidgeting in his chair until he clears his throat in a way that mirrors how Sokka first began the meeting. You notice this and turn to face Iroh with a perplexed stare.

"...I have a serious question," Iroh begins, "and please answer this truthfully." Your doe-like expression watches him curiously, and it pulls at his heartstrings far too much. He'd much rather pull you into an embrace or plant his lips onto yours, but he must ask this serious question.

"Iroh?"

His heart skips a beat. He loves you far too much to be reasonable and out comes tumbling his question. "WouldyoudumpmeifyoufoundoutSokkahadnogirlfriendandwasinterestedinyou?"

Your eyes widened at his jumbled words but you caught a good portion of it to understand. "Is he single?" He hesitates then nods, knowing his heart might pay the price of his stupidity. "I see. Well... Do you want the long or short answer?"

"T-There's a long answer. Wait, no... My heart can't take the long answer. Give me your short answer."

"Short answer: no."

Iroh breathes out a sigh of relief. "Ok, I think I can take the long answer now."

"In terms of brain and power, Sokka has you beat overwhelmingly. His facial hair and bone structure could also lead to handsome babies, and if we had kids, they'd have a dual-citizenship which gives them an advantage on the international stage. Two genius parents can also breed very intelligent children--"

"Hold up! You're only giving me the benefits of being with him!"

"Yeah, but the winning factor is that you're my age and will be with me much longer."

"THAT'S IT?! YOU'RE CHOOSING ME CAUSE I'M YOUNGER?!"

Your straight face cracks under his panic and you let out a chuckle. "Hehe, I'm just joking. I don't care about any of that, I love you the most."

Iroh breathes out a sigh of relief. "Jeez. You're too much sometimes, you know!"

"Maybe I wasn't lying," you say under your breath as you begin to head out, catching the attention of Iroh's crumbling ego. 

"H-Hey... Wait. Don't run! We aren't done!" Iroh panics while chasing after you.