『a behavioral problem

A/N: *screeches* GUESS WHO HAS MADE AN APPEARANCE IN THE STORY?!?!?!?! The reader (in the story) is going to faint....

Also I posted a new story called The Unpredictable Fire Princess that will revolve around Mako and the reader. Please be sure to check that out! :3

[___]

"T-That looks like the Southern Water Tribe!" you exclaim as you point straight ahead. "Good job, Prez!"

"I still can't believe you named our unagi that," Iroh chuckles.

"Oh, hush. You'll be next to get a cute nickname from me." You stick out your tongue.

Iroh blinks at your statement a few times as he ponders if that was really a threat or not. On one hand, having a cute nickname from a girlfriend is something he's always wanted. Mel wasn't exactly a girlfriend and being called Iroh Dear wasn't exactly cute--it felt more patronizing than anything. However, receiving a 'cute' nickname from YOU can either go horribly wrong or abysmal... No in between.

Once Prez makes it to shore, you all hop off onto the snow and let out sighs of relief. "We made it," Haku groans as he wobbles further onto land. He collapses once he's certain the floor won't crumble beneath him and kisses a pile of snow. 

"That snow is yellow," you point out. 

Haku's eyes widen before spitting out whatever might have gone in his mouth. His reaction leaves you in a fit of giggles while Tonraq sighs. "You guys need to behave here."

"We usually are on our best behavior," Iroh says with an innocent smile. 

Tonraq glances back to the three of you, plus Hammy and Prez. The toothy smiles are highly suspicious, and he exhales loudly. "Right."

"Don't worry, we won't make you look bad in front of your new family." You present him a thumbs-up. "Plus, we're honestly the least suspicious-looking people you've seen!"

"INTRUDERS?!" a few people gasp from afar. Th group directs their attention over to spot a few water tribesmen gazing at your group with alarmed looks. "AND THEY BRING A BEAST! HAVE THEY COME TO WAGE WAR?!"

"Uhhh ohhh," Haku whistles out.

[___]

The situation was quickly curtailed the moment the leader of the Southern Water Tribe came by to take a look. He was kind enough to understand that your group bore no ill intent, but at the sight of Tonraq he instantly knew just who had arrived. It didn't take long for your group (minus Prez, who waits patiently at the dock with his bag of fruits) to be escorted to the leader's igloo. 

"I was quite surprised when I heard that the Northern Water Tribe's crowned prince was banished. I was even more astonished that your whereabouts were unknown," the head of the tribe begins. Angular features, tiny ponytail, tan skin. This man appears very familiar.

"Yes, I was lucky enough that I was saved by this group," Tonraq responds. 

The man nods his head as he turns his attention to you three. Iroh notices your perplexed expression and lowers his head to whisper in your ear. "That's definitely Sokka."

With your eyes wide, a gasp mixed with a scream comes throttling out of your mouth, and the tribe leader flinches. "Woah, is something the matter?"

"OHMIGOD."

He turns to the group with a look of concern. "No seriously, is she okay?" 

Iroh and Haku mirror the same expression, but neither can procure a sound like the one you made. Tonraq slaps his forehead at everyone's behavior, but at least he expected that. "Just leave them be. They go like that when they see famous people."

"I see," Sokka chuckles. "I didn't think I garnered that much for that sort of reaction."

You break out of your trance and rush over to his side. Unconsciously, you grab his hands and bring them up to the skies. "BUT YOU ARE SO TALENTED IN PLANNING! I read your book, and my favorite plan of yours was the attack on the Fire Nation on the day of the Solstice."

"Aren't you a Fire Nation citizen?"

"WHO CAN APPRECIATE GOOD PLANS!"

Enjoying the admiration, Sokka's head begins to inflate. "Well, here's a person who can spot talent."

"Yeah, I've read nearly thousands of books and none can hold a candle to some of the genius tactics you've come up with," you nod your head.

Sokka smirks, "What a compliment. Hahahaa--OW!"

Too busy rolling around in praise, Sokka doesn't notice Iroh's jealous state. The boy rushed over to knee Sokka behind the back of his legs, forcing him to fall. You quickly get out of his way as he tumbles to the floor and you return to Iroh's side.

When Sokka glances up to see the perpetrator, he notices the murderous aura surrounding Iroh. It's then he realizes that he's dealing with snot-nosed brats and that touching one of their girlfriends will result in childish repercussions.

"That was so rude, Iroh," you gasp.

Iroh masks his murderous intent and directs a menacing smile at Sokka. "My apologies. Do you need help, old man?" 

"I'm not that old!" However, Sokka reverts back to his immature nature. "You kids are still in diapers."

"Nu uh!" Iroh huffs out.

"Yeah huh!"

"You'll probably need a diaper after falling," Iroh quips.

"YOU BRAT!" 

Tonraq watches on as the two bicker. He lets out another sigh and just prays. 'Please don't have me kicked out of this water tribe.'