『an awkward date [1]

The sun shines brightly as you stand in front of the library with a few books on hand. Your heart drums excitedly at the thought of your date. Having never been on one... Having never been asked due to your recluse living, the idea of something this new invigorates you.

"Come on, let's get this over with," Iroh huffs out while pulling the door open. His other hand remains occupied with the rest of the books that need to be returned, which he states is the only reason for tagging along.

The door chime announces your arrivals, and the same boy from yesterday glances up from his book. His dull expression instantly lightens up at the sight of you. "Welcome!"

You mirror his smile as you stroll up to the counter. "I finished reading all these." You drop a stack of three books in front of him while Iroh completes the rest of the stack.

"Wow, you're amazing!" he marvels.

"T-Thanks." You scratch your cheek as you flush under his compliment.

"So," Iroh cuts in with little care for his rude tone. "What's your name again?"

The boy thinks nothing of it, though he answers carefully. "My name is Li."

"So, Li... Where are you taking my sister?" Iroh spits out as he sends you a small glare. He's clearly upset that you had introduced the group yesterday as your three stupid brothers. They played along at the time, but now Iroh appears to have major issues in continuing the charade.

"There's a nice dumpling shop not too far from the inn you guys are staying in. I was hoping to take her there and then head to the lights show later. Your oldest brother said that I must bring her back half past nine... I'll be sure to do so."

From how he speaks, you notice his intimidated state caused by your 'oldest brother' Tonraq. The man had loomed over the counter when he made his request, and the boy meekly supplied a nod.

Before Iroh can ask any more questions, you place two hands over his mouth and smile sheepishly at Li. "You'll come pick me up?"

"Yeah... I can't wait."

"Me either... Now let's go before you try to embarrass me, dear brother," you quietly threaten as you walk away. You wave goodbye, and as soon as the door closes, your smile instantly falls. "Stop being so hostile. He isn't part of that evil group."

"You don't know that."

"I can tell. Either way, I need to go get ready for my date. You have a great day," you state in a monotone voice as you escape towards the shops.

[______]

Six p.m. comes around, and you're already whisked away by Li. The three men sit in their room with little to do--except Iroh, who begins to mess around with some items he bought. Mild interest seeps from the other two as they watch Iroh begin to robe himself in a disguise.

"Don't tell me you're going to follow her," Haku gasps once he pieces everything together. "She'll get mad."

"She's our strategist and friend. We have to make sure she's okay," Iroh explains. "Plus, it's just keeping an eye on her. We aren't going to interfere."

"We?" Tonraq raises a brow.

"I got disguises for all of us." There's a sense of pride to his words, accompanied by a smirk. "We're a team after all."

"This..." Haku grabs one of the disguises which consisted of a straw hat and a clip-on beard. "I love this, let's do it."

Although Tonraq is the least convinced, he heaves out a sigh and tries to make the most of it. "Fine, but it's only because I want to make sure all three of you don't get in trouble..."