『a merry trip down the river and into sea

Your head lulls side to side as the boat moves in tandem to the sea's waves. Wind as cold as your aunt's heart bites at your face, your nose becoming redder by the second.  At least there was the invention of jackets, mittens, and blankets! For if they were never invented, only superhumans could ever live in the water tribes.

"Just a little more and we'll be there," your driver states from the front of the boat. Judging from his attire, he's more than acquainted with the bitter frost that comes from the Northern Water Tribe as he sports a light jacket and tank top along with loose fitting pants and sandals. 

You envy his skin's steely determination to the cold and bundle yourself more with the blanket. Haku is also affected by the cold and shares your blanket's heat; Iroh, on the other hand, is...

"Haha, son, you look like you're gonna puke!" the driver laughs heartily.

"I thought you were okay in boats," you tilt your head to the side in confusion. "Didn't we meet in a boat?"

"Ohh I want to learn how you two first met!"

"Not... now, Haku," Iroh says in between deep breaths, the agony prominent in his voice.

"Maybe that's why you were so quiet," you hum to yourself. As you watch him suffer silently, there's a pang of guilt that rocks your heart, and you frown at the suffering boy. "Hey, do you want to share my blanket?"

"B-But it only fits two!" Haku interjects with his outright disapproval. 

Iroh shakes his head, "I'll just blow out some flames to warm myself."

Despite Haku's ironclad grip on the blankets, you yank them away and bundle both Iroh and yourself. "Don't fight it, Iroh. I'm worried that fire won't be the only thing coming out of your mouth."

"I won't puke..." he groans.

Haku accepts the empty life without his blanket and curls up into a ball. Thankfully, the driver notices his perils and speaks up, "You there! I have another blanket you can use." With that being said, he snatches one from the driver's seat and throws it to Haku.

"I accept your generosity," Haku sighs with relief. He's quick to wrap himself in the blanket and embrace the warmth of it.

"Sorry, Haku... If you want, I can breathe out some fire your way," Iroh calls out.

"I wouldn't mind some."

Iroh nods his head and prepares himself to firebend. A feeling in your gut has you distancing yourself from Haku, causing your body to secure itself closer to Iroh. Although it's mostly cold, you can't help but feel more of how much heat his body radiates. In an instinctual manner, you snuggle to his body and press your ear against his chest.

You can hear the fire rumbling in his throat, his deep intake of air, and the sloshing sound of... You jump up but it's too late. Instead of fire being exhaled, Iroh vomits on Haku's blanket. The sound of horrified screaming ensues. The boat rocks to Haku's jumping, causing Iroh to continue his hurling but this time over the side of the boat.

You scream at the sound of his puking. Haku screams bloody murder for his fallen blanket. Iroh is now out for the count.

And the boat driver promises himself never to take teenagers on a trip again.