Chapter Thirty

Emmie padded down the stairs and across the big hall way to the kitchen, the mansion was unusually quiet, which set alarm bells ringing straight away there should be someone here guarding the front door, hadn't Dominic hired extra security? She was a few steps away from the kitchen when she heard a commotion coming from the other side of the building. Her beast became on full alert and she fought against the change inside her. She had to let her sister know what was happening, the familiar buzzing began as she formed the connection between her and Clara.

Clara, there's something  going on down here, there's no staff around at all and I've just heard a lot of noise from the otherside of the building. I want to go and check it out.

Clara answered straight away like she expected.

Don't you dare Emmie, it could be a trap, please just come back upstairs we'll make a plan.
She should listen to Clara, she knew she should but her beast was clawing away needing to be set free, it was as restless as she was, and if she was honest with herself she was looking forward to mauling a few assholes herself her whole body pulled her towards the shouting, she was sick of running and hiding away, maybe it was time for her to accept what and who she was and embrace her fathers legacy, after all she had inherited her spectral creature from the great Cillian Vandran, one of the most feared and powerful familiars ever to grace this world. It was time to show these bastard who they were messing with.

She made her way across the huge foyer towards the entrance to the other part of the mansion where the offices and library were situated, her body was tense and on high alert, her eyes darted everywhere full aware of the possible danger that lay on the other side of this door. She was about to enter the open doorway when she was dragged forcefully backwards a huge hand covered her mouth to muffle her scream and she felt a sharp stabbing pain in her neck, she roared and her skin began to tear as her beast was begining it appearance. The world suddenly grew fuzzy as darkness dragged her under.
Before she completely passed out, her assailant whispered three words that both devastated and scared her.
"Dominus is back."

 At that moment she knew she had just made a huge mistake.

. . .

Dominus

Lifting his heavy head, he slowly opened his eyes trying to focus, he felt dreadful, his head pounded and whoever was talking needed to desist before he unleashed some much needed punishment.
He had been placed on his side facing what appeared to be a large piece of material, his arms and legs had been bound tightly with rope, he lay on a giant cushion which smelled strongly of a scent he wasn't familiar with, but the strong aroma wasn't helping the throb at his temples. Plus the constant growling and vibration of this contraption he was stuck in was enough to drive any man to commit murder.
Where was this place?
"How long until we reach the mansion?" A deep voice said from behind him, alerting him back to the fact that he wasn't alone.
"Not long now about twenty minutes, no one is answering their phones though I really don't like this." Another deep voice said, wasn't that the canis spectral he had spoken to earlier? He was sure he said his name was Colt.
"Unbind me from these restraints you insolent fools, are you unaware of who I am?" His voice was horse and cracked as he spoke, whatever they had poisoned him with had weakened his magic, once his strength returned they would all be sorry.
"Shit! He's awake, Colt what should we do?"
"Just, keep him calm, Dominic you need to fight the darkness Dominus can't win, Amelia needs you, she's in danger, ." Why did that name effect him, no, they were not going to trick him.
"Who is this Amelia you speak of? Once I am free from these ropes, you will all feel my wrath, how dare you keep me prisoner" he bellowed, throwing himself around trying to loosen the knots in the ropes, the friction made the skin on his wrist burn and sting, it was useless, they had been bound by magic, but he wouldn't give up fighting for his freedom, even as he felt the skin on his wrist begin to tear open.
"For fuck sake, Colt he's going to hurt himself."
"Give him whatever we have left of the sedative and do it quickly before he does himself an injury Joe." The man he knew as Colt shouted to the  guy looming over him  Joe he had called him, this Joe was now filling a small syringe with some liquid and desending on him ready to inject him. Rage built at the audasity of these idiots, and for the first time in his existance he felt vunerable.
"Joe, if you untie me I promise I will spare you, I can tell from the fear in your voice you know who you are dealing with, if you don't do as I ask, I will slay you last and let you watch as I tear all of your friends apart, starting with Colt" he snarled, he saw the flash of his beast in Joe's gaze and and his features became distorted for a split second as he fought against the change, he had hit a nerve this familiar was braver than he gave him credit for.
"I'm sorry Dominic, this is the only option we've got, Amelia and Hope need you." Why did the name Hope, also effect his insides? "Terrance help me hold him down." A big burly looking man with no hair appeared grabbing his shoulders as he firmly pinning him long enough for Joe to inject the substance into the side of his neck. He felt the poison enter his blood stream and warm his body making his head swim again as the sedation took hold.

"Argh, you will suffer, you will watch your family and your friends bleed to death before your eyes you imbecile. I wi- will make y-ou p"

His body grew limp as the sedative worked and he was dragged unconcious