Chapter Twenty-Nine

Jake

Kates phone went straight to voicemail for about the hundreth time, he threw the mobile onto the bed in frustration, it was useless, that bitch was long gone and he was a prize fucking dickhead for not seeing her for what she really was. He paced the huge bedroom in Dominics mansion dragging his hands through his overgrown hair what the fuck was he supposed to do? This was all his fault

If he was completely honest with himself Kate had been a rebound from the one woman he knew he could never have, he had thrown himself into a relationship with Kate  knowing that doing so would ensure Sarah would leave this fucking place and make a better life for herself away from this fucked up existence they lead, as much as it cut him up watching her leave, he had to let her go, she had to find herself again after so much loss,  going through the death of a parent and having to witness everything Dominics psycho sister put them through was enough to drag anyone into darkness, even though she kept possitive he had seen the pain she kept hidden her laughter had no longer made her eyes shine, he knew she deserved a new life, she deserved to find someone who wasn't such a fuck up, someone who could make her world light up and make her giggle in that cute little way she did at inappropriate times damn  he missed hearing her infectious laugh. He thought he'd never see her again and then she returned for Colt and Clara's wedding taking his breath away with the pink bridesmaid dress she wore which hugged every curve of her luscious body, she was even more beautiful, she couldn't hide the hurt in her eyes when she had spotted him with Kate but she had been polite and made conversation, that had been enough to tell him he had been a stupid prick letting her go, it had torn him up inside knowing he had put that pain in her eyes and not for the first time. He hadn't meant to to kiss her when he had followed her to the bathroom, he had just wanted to talk to her to maybe rekindle their friendship, they had always been so close before all the shit went down, he had missed her, he had to try and explain why he had turned so cold the last time they had seen eachother. As soon as she looked at him with her big beautiful eyes that were filled with unshed tears and a burning need for him everything else had fallen away in that moment how had he never realised she wanted him just as much, he had to taste her. As soon as her body was flush against his and he took her lips in that earth shattering kiss he knew he was done for, it was one of the reasons he had kept their relationship as only friends and had painfully avoided anything remotely romantic, he knew one kiss would never satisfy the pent up want he felt when he was in Sarahs presence. He should have known Kate would be following him, he should have been all to aware of her watching and seething at her boyfriend locking lips with another woman. Of course Sarah had regretted their encounter, she had told him as much, she had left early the next day without so much as a goodbye, he had faced Kates devastated sobs that night when he got back to their room, they had fought and she had begged him not to leave her, he had lied to her and promising it was a mistake, he was an asshole, because he knew deep down given the chance he would kiss Sarah again in a heartbeat if she was here, the feel of her lips against his had branded him forever, who was he kidding Sarah had always been his, he was just too stupid to act on it before. Was it that night Kate betrayed them all? Or had she been playing him from the first moment they welcomed her into their home?

The mobile rang on the bed pulling him out of his self loathing, he raced over and connected the call.

Jake, it's Colt, is everything ok there?" Colts voice was frantic.

"Yeah, everyone's alseep, what's up?"

"That's good, they haven't made a move yet." A move? "We've got a huge problem, we've been set up, Dominic is in a bad way a spell he cast has done something to him and we've had to sedate him until I can get him to Heather, it's really bad Jake, I did'nt want to call any of the girls yet because I didn't want to worry them, I don't know if I am making a bad decision though you know how powerful those women are they'll probably kick my ass for calling you first, but we need to do this quietly as possible, have you noticed anything suspicious going on with Patrick? We have found reliable information that he's been double crossing Dominic all this time, Phil admitted Patrick was going to make a move tonight, fuck Jake this can't be happening, Clara and Emmie are both pregnant if anything happens to them or little Hope I don't know if I could handle that." fuck had he seen anything? This wss really bad, He'd been so caught up in all this Kate shit he hadn't been looking for anything dodgy. Patrick had seemed like his usual accomodating self though.

"I have'nt noticed anything Colt, but to be honest with everything going on with Kate my head has'nt been in the game" he said guiltily feeling pissed off all over again at this shitty situation.

"Well Jakey boy time to get your head in the fucking game because a whole load of shit has just landed on your doorstep and I am not there to help, we have a private flight booked for now, we're just about to board so we should be back in about eleven hours, if our sources are correct then Patrick could make a move at anytime, get the word to Heather she'll be able to help but please be careful, if Will turns up, it's going to become a whole lot more fucked up for everyone." The sound of someone shouting Colts name made the line go quiet for a second "shit man they're calling I've got to go, if anything kicks off do your best to stall things until we get back, I have every faith in you Jake, be safe."

The line went dead, Jake stared at the device in his hand for a few seconds letting Colt's call sink in, he had never heard his uncle so panicked, he needed to get to Heather and quickly fuck he didn't know if he was ready for all this responsibility but Colt seemed to think he was, he just had to grow a pair, isn't this what Colt had trained him for? He let himself out of the bedroom and silently made his way to Heathers room thankful it was just across the landing from his, taking a shaky breath and mentally readying himself for waking a sleeping Heather, he pulled the handle down entering the darkened bedroom, dreading the next however many hours until his uncle got back. "This better be important," Heathers sleep laced voice snarled out of the darkness. Shit

Emmie

Who the hell was shaking her, she didn't want to open her eyes, she felt like she had only just closed them, it was still night time for fucks sake, She groaned 

"Amelia, wake up" That sounded like Heathers voice.

She opened her eyes and peered groggily up at her mother who was kneeling with her face close to hers. "Ugh, what!" She grumbled.

"We have a problem my darling, but I need you to stay calm." Heather whispered

Emmie pulled herself up and flicked on the bedside light "What is it, is Hope ok?"

"Hope's fine Amelia, something has happened to Dominic, something about a spell, Colt phoned Jake about fifteen minutes ago they are on their way back with him, please darling I need you to stay calm for this next part, breathe" Heather must have sensed the change in her, she took a shaky breath and nodded for her to continue. "They've had information that Patrick has been double crossing Dominic for years and apparently something is going down tonight, Jake is with Clara now informing her, then he's going to wake up Iris, we need to be very careful I am not sure how many security cameras are in place around this building." 

"T-they are all down stairs. Dominic said he-he oh god mum what if he's badly hurt and Patrick, all this time, Kate and now him, who else has Dominic over looked." Her voice was quiet but hysterical the tears flowed down her pale cheeks, she pushed herself out of bed. "I am going down stairs, I need to get a drink of water from the kitchen, I know Patrick will still be up, lets see how he reacts to me wondering around at this time of night."

"Amelia, you can't my darling, one look at you and he'll know there's something wrong-"

The bedroom door opened making them both flinch, Clara creeps in followed by Jake and Iris three sets of concerned eyes fell on Emmie. She stands pulling on her house coat over her pyjamas.

"I am going down to get a bottle of water from the kitchen, Patrick is unaware we know anything right?"

"As far as I know" Jake says 

"Well that's settled then, I can't just sit here while Dominic's home is being threatened especially when I don't even know if he's hurt or not." More tears threatened to spill but she held it together and swollowed them down, she couldn't fall apart, not now, this was her home and if Will wanted a fight she was damn sure she was ready for one.