Chapter Five

Emmie

"Who the fuck are you? and what the hell do you think your doing barging in here?" Iris screamed at the three big men who had just let themselves into her house. Her brown eyes were yellow, her beast was ready for protecting it's territory.
Emmie pushed herself in front of Iris knowing her beast stood more of a chance against these fuckers if shit got violent.
"Get the fuck out of this house now or I'll introduce you to something you don't want to fuck with" She snarled feeling her beast clawing at her flesh from the inside.
A guy who was just as wide pushed his way through the three men, looking rattled.
"Apologies for barging in here Ms Stewart but Dominic sent us, you and your daughters lives are in danger." The meathead in the expensive suit said. The look of terror on his face at the change of her features would have been amusing if she wasn't so pissed off.
"We had orders to come, Dominic is on his way here."
Shit
"Well I suggest you wait outside for your boss, my daughter is upstairs and if you've scared her in the slightest I will rip all of your dicks off and feed them too you. OUT NOW." She ordered, close to losing it completely with these dickheads. She was hungover and really not in the mood.
They all looked like naughty school children who had just been repremanded as they walked outside.
A black car pulled into the carpark kicking up dust with the speed it flew in at.
"You've got to be shitting me." Emmie huffed, pissed at whoever this was for their disregard for anyone's safety. She marched over fuming.
"Are you fucking stupid?" She yelled, as the drivers door opened. "I have a four year old running around here you dick-" she stopped mid-shout as Dominic's big frame exited the car.
"I'm happy to see you too Amelia." He said his face thunderous.
He had come straight from the hotel and was looking all crumpled and sexy in his suit from the night before, she forgot how tall and dominating he was when he was mad. She felt her body react to him immediately remembering the things they had done, goosebumps broke out on her skin. Her natural instinct towards this man pissed her off all over again.
"You need to take your goons and leave now." She snarled at him.
"I am not going anywhere Amelia, not until I know you and Hope are safe." He snarled back.
"Me and Hope are non of your concern." She shouted.
"You are when it's because of me that you're in danger." He shouted back.
This man was infuriating.
"What are you talking about? We're fine." She asked calming her voice slightly. This slanging match wasn't getting them anywhere.
"Will you let me in so I can explain?" He asked running his hand through his hair, he looked worried, there was obviously something going on.
"Fine Dominic, let's take a walk, I don't want Hope upset." She said "this way" She headed for the gate.
"It's not safe in the woods Amelia." He said behind her halting her in her tracks.
"Fine, I'll ask Iris for one of the cabin keys. This better not be bullshit Dominic you scared poor Iris half to death sending your meathead friends." She spat stomping back to the house.
"I assure you Amelia I never send my men unless I have too." He said following behind her as she entered the house in search of Iris.

Dominic

She was feisty, her usual pale complexion was flushed with anger, her aqua eyes were glowing. Her beast was awake and ready to pounce. His cock grew hard and he internally groaned, he was enjoying being chastised by her a little too much. She stomped out of Iris's house and back across the carpark to one of the cabins her mood obviously hadn't softened. He followed behind her feeling slightly amused by her antics.
"In here" she snapped opening the cabin closest to the house, he followed her inside and she turned on him again.
"So, say what you came to say and then leave." She said, this girl didn't take any prisoners.
"Amelia, you need to listen to me, you can not stay here. The Domini Bellatorum have ordered your assassination. They see you as a threat to my birthright." He had her attention now, anger was replaced by fear in her beautiful eyes.
"What have I done Dominic?... Fuck, is this because of Juliet?" She said her face had drained of all colour and she slumped onto the end of the bed.
He Paced the room racking his brain, he was never good at expressing his feelings.
"Dominic why?" She cried, her blue eyes were brimming with tears. It nearly brought him to his knees seeing her so scared.
"It's my fault Amelia, I did this." He said a little more harsh than he intended. "I wasn't supposed to act on my attraction towards you. You were out of bounds to me. Why do you think I have stayed away this long. I should never have gone to that wedding last night... But when I saw you again." He whispered the last part. "I am not sorry for making love to you Amelia."
"So a one night stand with you just put me and my daughter in danger? What was I thinking? It was good Dominic I won't deny that but it wasn't worth this... I need to leave and you need to stay the fuck away from me." The beast was back in her eyes she stood to walk out he gripped her shoulders to stop her.
"Me staying away isn't an option now, I will not see you hurt because of me. They don't know what I am capable of Amelia, I have darkness inside me and I will use it if pushed." He said, he had to make her stay.
"I don't need you to protect me. Let me go. I need to contact my mother and sister. Heather will know what to do." She said stubbornly.
"Let me try and reason with them before you involve Heather. The last thing we need is an all out spectral war. This is my mess I need to rectify it if I can. You and Hope can stay with me in the mansion until I know it's safe. It should only be for a few days." He stated, he knew if he wanted to he could make her do his bidding with a spell, but he wasn't his father, he wouldn't force her into anything like his father had his mother.

Amelia looked like she was thinking everything over.

"Do you really think you can talk them round?" She asked looking hopeful.

"I don't know, but I am going to damn well try."

"Ok Dominic we'll try it your way, but if they refuse to listen I am calling Heather. Deal?" She still looked uncertain but he would agree to anything if it meant she was safe in his care.

"Deal. I'll send for a car to collect you both shortly. My men will stay with you until it arrives. I am going to set up a meeting, I will be a few hours. I should be back this evening. Hopefully I'll know more by then." He says letting her go and turning to leave.

"Dominic?"

"Yes Amelia?"

"This changes nothing between us." She says. The fight is back in her eyes. Feisty Amelia pleases and pisses him off at the same time.

"We'll see." he says, kissing her chastely on mouth before walking out and slamming the cabin door behind him.