Chapter Twenty-six

Dominic

They had the whereabouts of Phil. He had been spotted back to LA, throwing his weight around in a few bars looking for Simon. They were currently sitting in Dominic's office in Perdition waiting for a few more of Joe's men to arrive.
"This fucker must have a death wish" Colt said shaking his head "or he's as thick as pig shit."
"He thinks he's untouchable" Simon snarled. 

Dominic was surprised at how well Simon looked in such a short space of time, his cheekbones were no longer sunk in and he had bulked himself up, he was impressed by the guys transformation in the few weeks since he performed the healing spell.

"He's not untouchable, trust me when I tell you all, he is going to be sorry he ever crossed me" Dominic purred "he is about to be introduced to someone only a few have had the misfortune of meeting"
Colts brows rose and he met Dominic's gaze, an understanding flashed between them. "Is that going to be safe Nic? I mean what-"
Dominic held up his hand stopping Colt. He didn't have a choice, he was sick of being underestimated, the people fucking them over needed to see what he was capable of.
"I'll deal with that issues if it happens, all I know is this needs to end and I don't see any other way to deal with the bastards who are set on destroying the people I care about."
Colt nodded his understanding.
Dominic pulled his mobile out and dialed Patricks number, he answered after two rings with "Sir".
"Patrick, can you organise a flight to LA for within a few hours time? All being well there will be seven of us travelling, get us all in first class if possible" there was a slight pause while Patrick checked on the flights.
"No problem Dominic, I'll phone Steve straight away get you booked on the next available flight out and get back to you with details." He knew Patrick would sort it. "Thanks Patrick, how's Amelia and Hope doing?" He asked.
"They are fine sir, Mrs Brooker and Mrs Vandran are here for the evening, they are in the entertainment room watching movies with Miss Hope." He was happy they had company, he hated the thought of Amelia sitting alone while all this was happening.
"Good, thank you Patrick, speak to you shortly." He disconnected the call and addressed the room.
"Patrick is going to text me soon with our flight details, Colt, what time is Jake getting here?"
"I'll give him a call now and find out, he shouldn't be long, I know he had an issue with Kate he was dealing with." He had only met Kate once or twice, there was definitely something off about her, and from the look on Colts face as he left the room to talk to his nephew, he knew not to pry into the matter.
"When we get to LA we'll head to Perdition, I need to brief everyone there. Joe, can you contact the LA office and speak to Harry, make sure everyone is going to be available tomorrow."
"Yes boss." Joe replied pulling his phone out finding Harry's number.
Dominic stood and stretched, he needed a drink.
"Simon, Tom fancy joining me for a drink upstairs, while we sort out technicalities? The others will join us when they've finished their calls, I would like to get to know you both better, after all we are both in this for the same reasons."
"I-certainly Mr Bellator, " Tom stuttered nervously.
"Please call me Nic, I despise anyone using my surname when they address me, it reminds me of my father."
Colt walked back in the room looking rattled.
"Fucking Kate's gone missing, and  she's not answering her phone, Jake has had his suspicions for a while about her but this- fuck."
"What suspicions Colt?" Dominic demands starting to lose his temper, it was like fucking good news bad news week.
"He found some bank receipts last week for cheques worth a few hundred pounds each she's been cashing, he thought Terrance must have been giving them to her as she's out of work, then this morning he found a text on her phone thanking her for the information she provided about Ms Stewarts whereabouts" Dominic stomach dropped at Colts information. "It was dated just over two weeks ago, Dominic she's our informant, or at least one of them." Colt ran his hand through his long hair in frustration. "Jake wants to stay here and look for her, she has made a complete dick out of him, it looks like she got close to our family to gain information, what do you want us to do?" Colt finished.
"Tell Jake and Iris to head to the mansion, I'll be happier knowing they are all safe together while we're away, there's enough room for everyone, I'll give Amelia a call let her know what's going on. Joe can you get some of our guys together, you know who, I need Kate found and dealt with, but kept alive for now." Joe who was still on the phone to Harry gave Dominic a sharp nod and thumb up in agreement. If Will and the treacherous arseholes working in The Domini Bellatorum had managed to get someone on the inside he didn't want to take any chances.
"Thanks Nic, I wonder what they have on Kate that would make her betray Jakes trust? She seemed so genuine."
"Money, Mr Brooker you'd be suprised how quick the most loyal person in the world can turn with the offer of enough money, one thing I have learned working for years in business is everyone has a price, I personally always felt there was something odd about her." Dominic admitted "but as you know I don't trust many people."
"Yeah, well she had me fooled, Clara fucking saved her life man, we thought she was a good girl. I wonder if Terrance knows anything?"
"Call him, find out, he has a right to know what his sibling has been up to, infact ask him if he wants in on our trip to LA, now Jake isn't coming we have a spare place, I'll perform the memoria spell to make sure he doesn't know anything. I am going to take Simon and Tom to the bar upstairs before I call Amelia, please join us once you have finished making your calls, I think we could all use a drink."  

Emmie

"Hey handsome, did you manage to get your flights booked?" Emmie says to Dominic walking out of the entertainment room and down the hall to their bedroom so they can talk privately on the phone.
"Patrick is sorting the details out for our flights this evening, unfortunately this isn't a leisure call, we have a problem. It has been brought to our attention that Jakes girlfriend Kate is the informant and has disappeared, she was the one who fed your whereabouts to Will, and has been watching and giving information to the traitors within The Domini Bellatorum." Dominic says, she can here the wariness in his voice, her heart sinks for poor Jake, what must be going through his mind right now, he seemed to really like Kate and she never gave the impression she was sly, but if she was working with the dicks that were terrorising her family she needed dealing with.
 "So what happens now Dominic? You don't think we are in danger of another attack do you?" 
"I don't think they'll be brave enough to attempt an attack on the mansion, I have all my extra security covering the place while I am away, I've organised Jake and Iris coming over to stay with you, I want to make sure you and Hope are safe." He sounded worried.
"It'll all be fine Dominic please don't worry about us, just make sure you stay safe."
"It is my job to worry about my girls, how's the little dot doing?"
"Giving me hell, I can't wait until this morning sickness passes." She places her free hand on her still flat stomach, and rubs it gently.
"I wish i could take your suffering away my love, I miss you already my beautiful tigress,  hopefully this should only take a few days, being away from you again is already challenging, this feeling of longing is very new to me as I spent a long time away from that place quite happy not to be there, now I can't think of anywhere better I would rather be than there with you and Hope, I love you Amelia." Her heart swelled, and her eyes fill with tears at his beautiful words.
"I love you too Dominic,we'll be right here waiting for you to come home, hurry back to us."
"I'll call you tomorrow once I get a minute." They say their goodbyes and he hangs up, she sits on the bed for a while contemplating what would be thrown their way next, this shit was definitely nowhere near to being finished, but whatever it was as long as they all stayed united they would be safe, they were all badass spectrals who wouldn't back down from a fight. She made her way back down to the entertainment room to fill in Clara and Heather on the recent information. Kate was the informant, she had betrayed them all, she better hope that she didn't get her hands on her before Dominic did.