Chapter Thirteen

Emmie

A weird humming sound and the feel of something covering her ears woke her. Lifting her head she looked around still groggy from passing out. She was propped up and strapped into a seated position in a helicopter, her vision cleared and she saw him.
Dominic was entertaining a very enthusiastic Hope opposite pointing to the Southern Irish landscape, she couldn't hear what he was saying but Hope was taking in everything. He was so natural with her little girl. They looked like a father and daughter duo sharing a special moment.
She imagined what it would be like to have a child with him. He would make a wonderful dad, he listened to every word Hope said answering her million questions. His smile lit up his entire face when she oohed and ahhed at whatever he had pointed out. It melted her heart wanting him to smile at her like that. He was devastatingly handsome.
She knew giving him up was going to be hard but watching him right now she wished more than anything that she could keep him forever.
As if sensing her staring, Dominic's head turned and met her eyes with his, the happiness and warmth that was in them only seconds ago had disappeared revealing a dark stormy glare, his usually dark blue eyes were grey and looked right through her. He despised her for running, she knew he would. He spoke in Hopes ear and Hope whipped around beaming excitedly at her. She could see her mouthing "are you ok Mummy?" She gave her a thumbs up and smiled weakly. Turning her face away from them to look out of the window her vision blurred with more tears. She wasn't strong enough to hide the emotions that must have been on display and Hope had seen her sad too much these last months. She took in the picturesque scenery beneath them, trying to focus on anything but the picture perfect scene she had going on infront of her with her daughter and the man she loved.
The view was breathtaking. Ireland really was a beautiful place. All the hilltops and streams that went on for miles and made her feel like breaking out of her skin and allowing her beast to run free in the wild. This beautiful countryside was rich with the history of hers and Dominic's ancestors. Maybe one day she would say fuck it and see how far and fast her beast would take her.

Dominic

She looked so pale and weak sitting there, her usual vibrant blue eyes were dull and full of pain and worry. What could he do? She didn't want him and he wouldn't force her to stay with him.
He didn't do fear but he had never been more scared as he was before seeing Amelia collapse. He had never felt so helpless in all his life. He had tried and failed to bring her round. Her fragile body was exhausted and in need of sleep, so that's what he had let her do. He had strapped her into the helicopter still unconscious. He hadn't wanted to keep her in that cottage a minute longer, he knew she would be greatful for taking her away from that place if nothing else. Something was definitely off in that house, there was bad energy, he had sensed it straight away, it was one of the delightful things he had inherited as part of his bloodline. He could channel bad energy, make people do things they didn't want to do. The darkness called to him and lately it was becoming harder to fight against the rage inside of him. There was something going on some dark magic at work and he was going to fing out exactly what it was.
What Hope had said about her dad being back and coming to claim his girls, sent a chill down his spine at the thought of losing Amelia to that sick fuck. Something didn't sit right in this whole situation.
If Will was still alive he would find out where he was and make sure he knew exactly what suffering felt like. He didn't get to force his way back into Amelia and Hopes lives after what he did to them.
Dominic despised men who hurt women. That sadistic fucker wouldn't get near his girls.
Once they had landed on his lawn at the back of the house, he unstrapped himself and then Hope. Patrick was already standing to attention awaiting his instructions.
"Take Hope to the kitchen, tell chef to cook her whatever she wants." He ordered. Patrick nodded and took the little girls hand talking sweetly to her. He found it quite amusing that the big guy was hanging on to everything Hope was saying. The little madam didn't come up for air as she explained what she'd be having on her pancakes.
Patrick was his best man and he knew he didn't give him enough credit. He was loyal and always the first on the scene if any trouble went down.
Out of all of the familiars he had working for him he would trust Patrick with his life. He had been on his staff for over a decade and knew the job inside out. If it wasn't for him he would have taken a dark path a few years ago.
"Can you take this fucking contraption off me now?" Amelia's voice pulled him out of his trance about the past? It didn't do him any good dwelling on what could have been.
She was trying unsuccessfully to unsnap the harness that held her in the seat, her huff of frustration amused him and turned him on all over again. He was more than relieved to see the fight back in her eyes.
He knelt down. "If you hold still this will just take a second." He said unwrapping her.
"Fine, just hurry up, I don't want to stay in this house longer than I have too." She spat. Her sharp tongue stung him. But he knew it was just a front. He could see the tiredness in her eyes she was struggling.
"Play nice Ms Stewart or I shall leave you dangling here, I've got all the time in the world." He purred forming his best sinister smile.
"You wouldn't?"
"Carry on with that wicked tongue of yours and you'll see."
She huffed again and sulked, her bottom lip stuck out in a pout.
He enjoyed banter with her a little too much. He was turning into a walking hard on when he was around her, and that lip was begging to be nibbled on.
He released the straps holding her in place and stepped out onto the concrete. He held her hand as she climbed out trying to ignore the sensation of touching her again.
Once she was out he lifted her with one arm tucked under her knees.
"I can walk, Dominic." She scalded, looking pissed.
"After your dying Swan act before I don't want to take any chances until my doctor has examined you." He said, she actually stuck her tongue at him. His cock twitched, she was driving him insane.
"Poke that out at me again and I will suck on it." He growled. "And we both know what happens when my mouth is on yours don't we Amelia." A little blush appeared on her cheeks. He bet if he reached into her panties right now she'd be wet and ready for him to fuck her again.
They couldn't deny their passion. He wanted a lot more from her than just their compatibility between the sheets he wanted everything, he wanted her laughter, her sassy mouth telling him off. Fuck. He wanted her heart. She was just too broken and scared to give it.

Emmie

She was fed up of being poked and prodded by this dick who refered to himself as doctor Goodman.
"How long have you felt unwell? do you have any known medical conditions? Could you be pregnant?" Question after question was fired at her, and she was ready to hit something...or someone.
Not long ,no and she was on the Noristerat contraceptive injection which lasted for eight weeks so there was no way she could be...
"What's the date?" She asked questioning her own working out.
"It's the twenty second of May." The doctor looked at her quizzically his eyebrows raised obviously suspicious of her question.
"How long ago did you have the injection Ms Stewart?"
Nine weeks ago shit
She panicked.
"Five weeks ago. I'm not pregnant. It's probably just stress and lack of sleep doc, I'll be ok."She said. She was relieved she actually sounded convincing.
She hoped she did anyway.
"I'll take some blood samples anyway to rule it out." Now she was really pissed. She didn't want anymore fuss and she certainly didn't want this arsehole sticking anymore needles in her.
"I said I'll be ok. I don't need another blood sample. I am a qualified midwife, with four years experience, if I needed fucking blood taking, I can do it myself." She snarled.
"But. Ms Stewart, Dominic has-"
"I don't give a flying fuck what Dominic has said. If that needle so much as touches me I will ram it up your arse. Are we done?" She yelled.
Dominic burst in looking worried.
"What's going on Amelia?"
"Ms Stewart is refusing to give a blood sample to rule out the possibility of pregnancy."
"I am not fucking pregnant." She cried. "Even if I was it would be far to early to determine, so I repeat and I am not playing. You bring that needle near me and you'll have to surgically remove it, now leave me the fuck alone."
Dominic had paled and was looking at her with a weird expression on his face.
"You don't think you might be? I-we didn't use protection. It was-I-shit." This was the first time she'd ever heard him speechless, he'd obviously never been in this situation before, she however had seen that fear in a mans face hundreds of times, it was the look of regret. Her heart froze over at his reaction.
"I had it covered don't worry, you won't be burdened with a bastard child." Surprised by how cold her voice was and how harsh her words were towards him. She knew she was being completely unreasonable and cruel. They were all in danger, it was better if he hated her, thought she didn't care, she could deal with whatever came next if it meant they were all safe.
She would take a test next week, but she knew the answer, she could sense the change in her body already.
The contempt was back in his gaze.
"I guess I got off lightly then." He spat and slammed out of the room.