Chapter Twenty-Two

Heather

"Fredrick is in a meeting at the moment Ms Vandran." The annoyingly nasal high pitched voice spoke on the other end of the line, making her grit her teeth.
"I don't give a shit if Fredrick is in a meeting, you tell him to phone me back as soon as he's free or there will be hell to pay!" Heather snarled into the receiver.
"Frederick will only come out of meetings for Dominic if you have an is-"
"Are you not hearing me? I don't care if Fredrick only deals with Dominic, if I don't hear from him soon I will come down to the offices myself and I don't think any of you want that..." She wasn't going to be brushed off.
"I'll see if I can send a text to my colleague who is with Frederick in the board room, will you hold for a moment please?" The woman on the other end sounded nervous now at her threat.
Good so they should be.
"Yes, I'll hold, don't leave me hanging long if you know what's good for you, I'm a busy woman."
The beeping noise sounded as she was put on hold this only fuelled the rage inside her. The constant repetitive tone was like nails down a chalk board, she gritted her teeth and put her mobile on loud speaker placing it on her dressing table. She walked to her wardrobe to pick out her power outfit for today, her temper festering on the brink.
She wanted answers otherwise she would wreak havoc on the Domini Bellatorum and all of it's members, they had called for a truce a week ago; Fredrick himself had visited her office to speak to her personally. Whoever was behind the attack had access to Domini Bellatorum magic and had used it to terrorise her family; somebody in that company knew something; nothing was getting in the way of her finding out who had set the attack up.
Her answer to how co-operative Fredrick was feeling came at that moment in the shape of the nervous squeaky receptionist on the other end of the phone.
"Ms Vandran?"
"I hope you have Frederick on the other line." She drawled sounding bored.
"I-er no Ms, he-Fredrick is caught up in meetings all day he is refusing to take your call." The poor girl was terrified.
"I see, what's your name my dear?" Heather purred, she did enjoy the sound of fear in a person's voice, it was evidence of what she had moulded herself into.
"B-Becky Ms Vandran."
"Right Becky, I like you, so I'll tell you this once, pack your things and go home now, there's trouble coming. Unless you want to get caught in the cross fire you need to be as far away as possible from that office. Your boss is about to get a wake up call as to who he's fucking dealing with. Good day Becky." She said before ending the call, if little miss Becky had a brain cell in her head she'd get out of there now, she would go there herself, and the mood she was in Fredrick was in for a eventful afternoon, she refused to be cast aside like she was a nobody.
She pulled out her black pencil dress and matching jacket from her massive walk in wardrobe, walking to her shoe section she selected her black stilletto pumps.
Pulling her underwear on, she dressed quickly, a shudder running through her when her hand brushed against her chest. Clara's healing spell had removed any damage caused by that sick fuck, but the inner turmoil from what she had endured a few hours ago was creating a ball of mixed up emotions inside her, today had been the first time she had been that scared since...No she wouldn't allow herself to go back to that time, the time her entire world had fallen apart, the night Cillian had been murdered and she had gone into hiding with her girls.
She had fought those demons a long time a go.
She had built a big name for herself as a mean and powerful Cailleach who took no shit. Everyone in their circle knew not to fuck with her. Many powerful spectrals had tried and failed to trample her throughout the years and she had destroyed every single one.
These bastards should have known better than to underestimate her; she wasn't going to let this threat against her family go. She had her life taken from her once and now she had everything she held sacred back; she wasn't having it ripped away again.
She applied her mascara and red lipstick and eyed herself in the full length mirror appreciating her choice of clothing for the battle she had to face over the next few hours, The Domini Bellatorum were in for a rude awakening.
This meant war.

Dominic
"Nope, Vinny, the chocolate is first." Hope told the chef as she kneeled on one of the stools helping to prepare her strawberry and chocolate pancakes.
He chuckled at the way her little face screwed up when she bossed him around, she looked so much like Clara but had her mother's fiery temperament.
Vincent didn't seem to mind though he just pulled a face at her which had her giggling, Dominic got the impression the big guy had a soft spot for the little madam who was now in the middle of rolling her treat together, there was more chocolate on her clothes and face than inside the actual pancake.
Amelia was having a lie down, her morning sickness was back again with vengeance and had taken a lot out of her, he was just glad she had given up on arguing about staying here at the mansion, that woman was stubborn; his heart swelled, she was going to give him trouble, but he wouldn't have her any other way, he was just relieved she was ready to trust him wholeheartedly now, he wasn't sure how much more his nerves could have taken if she had walked away again.
He walked over to Hope and kissed her forehead.
"I've got to pop out for a few hours Princess, you're in charge of the whole house okay?" He said, earning him a nod as she concentrated on spreading more chocolate on another pancake.
On his way out Patrick handed him his black trench coat which he pulled on over his suit.
"Keep my girls safe, if all goes well I will be back within two hours" he said to Patrick who was awaiting his orders.
"No one gets in or out of here until I'm back understand?"
"Perfectly, good luck sir." Patrick said in his usual military style.
Dominic nodded and climbed into his waiting Austin Martin, he was driving himself, some of his security were meeting him at the offices. This was it, someone was in for a rude awakening, his knuckles turned white as he gripped the steering wheel tightly, the darkness scratching away at his insides; today they would see exactly what he was capable of if he didn't get the answers he needed.