Chapter Ten

Very rough guys but let me know what you think.

Dominic

The dimly lit club was filled with the scent of sweat and blood. He pulled the hood of his sweatshirt down as he pushed his way through the groups of suited up dickheads waving handfulls of money around; they were busy placing bets on who they thought would sucumb to the bloody battles ahead.
He hated everything about this place, but he needed release from his thoughts. His jaw ticked and he clenched his fists, this had to happen, it couldn't come quick enough.
The atmosphere in the room was electric. The bystanders had blood in their eyes, eager to witness the carnage he was about to unleash on his unsuspecting opponent.

He hadn't been here for months but tonight his only need was to rid himself of the ball of anger which had been eating at him all day. This was his outlet, his therapy for the darkness inside him, better this than what he would become if he let his darkness surface.
He caught a few gasps from some spectrals in the crowd who recognised him, but were too afraid to acknowledge who he was.
He unzipped his top revealling his bare muscular chest underneath and threw it to the side of the steps, he was past caring who recognised him now as he asended the metal steps quickly.

A cage door was opened and he entered the circular ring pacing up and down; every nerve alive and ready, he was waiting for someone to ring that familiar bell, so he could hurt someone, he could hear his heartbeat in his ears as his excitement and adrenaline built with anticipation.
His opponent stood oposite, he was a lot more muscular than him and looked like he lived in the gym, his biceps and chest were huge and covered with tribal tattoos, he was a tough looking son of a bitch and  stood staring Dominic down, trying to intimidate him with his steel glare of hate.
He would have laughed out loud if he could even crack a smile.
Something inside him had broken after Amelia left and this poor soul was about to feel the brunt of his shitty day.

The sound of the bell rung out and the guy became more active as he lunged towards Dominic taking swing after swing, Dominic kept his fists down for a few blows wanting to feel the sharp crack of pain that came from the heavy punches this guy was throwing. After the frst few hits everything just felt numb.
To the crowd he probably looked like he was taking a beating from this fucker. He could hear cries of "Hit him back" but he was just biding his time. Once he unleashed the turbulence that was rattling around in his gut this guy would feel like he'd been hit with a truck.

The bell rang out for the end of round one. His opponent retreated to the otherside of the cage to wipe his face off and rince his mouth out looking cocky and full of himself.
Not for long fucker

Dominic began pacing again awaiting the next round, someone offered him a towel which he took not even acknowledging their attempt to converse with him. He used the rough grey material to wipe the sweat off his face, chest and neck, not surprised the evidence of blood was visible  he could feel the swelling in his cheekbone and licking his bottom lip graced him with the familiar metalic taste. He shrugged it off, this was nothing compared to the state he used to leave this club in. He'd had much worse coming here over the years. In the begining after his mother had died he'd had to find a release for the darkness, cage fighting had been a welcome refuge to controlling his demon.
It gave him a purpose and made him focus. 

Suddenly a vision of Emmie with a terrified look on her face flashed into his brain and he roared making his opponents eyes widen and the crowd go wild.
This was it.

The bell rang for the second round.
The guy came at him again and tried to swipe his legs from under him. Dominic was faster and tackled the guy to the floor landing on top of him, he slammed his clenched knuckles into the guys face before he had chance to cover himself.
He felt the bone crunch under his fists and the guy tried but failed to protect himself  before Dominic landed another blow. Dominic had the upper hand, he felt the guy go limp but adrenaline was still pumping through his veins sparing him on and he threw in punch after punch.
He didn't know how long he had been pummelling the guys face and torso, next thing he knew he was being dragged off and pulled into a standing position with one of his arms raised above his head in victory. Just like that it was all over. 

But the emptiness inside remained and the image of her face petrified and alnoe burned into his brain.
He had to find her.

Emmie

Hope had finally settled, she was exhausted from crying and throwing tantrums all day and had sobbed herself to sleep pleading for her to take her back.
Emmie felt dreadful for dragging her away and uprooting her again. She definitely wouldn't be winning any awards for best mum of the year she thought as she rumaged through the suitcase looking for pyjamas.
She was shattered herself, but sleep was the last thing on her mind.
She had spent the best part of the day regretting her decision to leave while trying to calm an irractic four year old.
The ache in her heart was only growing more intense with each hour that past. She cursed her weakness.
She needed to pull up her big girl pants and work on getting over this infatuation. Being with Dominic was a beautiful dream and not an option for her if it meant that they would always be looking over their shoulder.
She wouldn't apologise for putting her daughter's safety first even if Hope was just as attached as she was but not affraid to scream it for everyone to hear.
She knew Dominic would have protected them with his life but he shouldn't have to carry that burden around. He was someone of importance, a lot of people depended on him, they lived in different worlds.
She had tried to tell herself it didn't matter that he was so attentive with her child and made her feel indestructible when he was around her. It didn't matter that he was the best sex she had ever had, just thinking about the way her body responded to him the night before sent tingles right through her.
Who was she kidding? She was ruined for anyone else, not even her own husband had been able to satisfy her the way Dominic could, he was embedded into her soul.
A tear rolled down her cheek and she brushed it away angrily.
She hadn't even found out properly what The Domini Bellatorum had said to him all she knew was that someone had lied to them and they hadn't known Clara had a sister.
She had just ran away again without waiting around to hear the rest. He wouldn't understand, he probably hated her for leaving again.
She pulled out a pair of leggings and an old t-shirt from the case and took them into the bathroom with her. Throwing her hair into a messy bun on top of her head, she turned on the tap for the shower, stripped out of her clothes and stepped into the warm spray, welcoming the stream of flowing water as she lathered up the sweet smelling lemon bodywash that filled up her senses with its citrus fragrance.
Fighting the emotions became too much to bare and she allowed herself to let go of the everything she had bottled up all day. She sobbed uncontrollably for the life she nearly had and for the difficult path ahead for her and her little girl. The spray of the shower carried the tears that she cried down the drain along with a piece of her broken heart.
What had she done?