Chapter Two

Dominic

She was more beautiful than he remembered. The way her aqua eyes stared him down, challenging him sending his insides into a frenzy. He couldn't stay away any longer, she enchanted him, made him want a life he didn't deserve. If he'd of only known she had tried to contact him after he had left, he would have dropped everything and gone to her, told her he didn't blame her for what her beast had done, Juliet had been set on finishing what his ancestor had started by wiping out her whole family and she wouldn't have given up, killing her was the only option. He had thought Amelia was done with him when she refused to answer his calls and messages. After what his family had done he didn't blame her. Juliet and his father had torn her and Claras life apart. They were poisonous and had deserved to die for what they had put her family through.

"I can't except Dominic. It's a very kind gesture, but it's too much." She said, he could hear the tremor in her voice, he knew he was effecting her just as much as she was him, his suit pants suddenly felt tight at the thought of just touching her.

"It's the least I can do after what my family did to yours Amelia, it is not up for negotiation." His tone was more abrupt than he intended.

Amelia looked like she was going to say something else to argue with him but was interrupted by a over excited Hope who threw herself onto Amelia's lap.

"Mummy, Mummy can I go to Aunty Iris's to sleep please? She said I can if you said I'm allowed. She has gets coming an I wanna help." She was jumping up and down her beautiful dark curls bouncing, he watched as Emmie's cheeks reddened and the affection shone from her at her daughter's mispronouciation of the word guests.
Dominic realised how much he had missed having Hope around, he had grown attached in such a short space of time to the little girl and her funny characteristics, the child was addictive.
"If it's ok with Aunty Iris, princess, but you have to be extra good for her ok? If there are guests staying you will have to make sure you do exactly what Aunty Iris asks." He loved watching the relationship they had, how Hope nodded enthusiastically hanging on her mums every word before taking off again to tell everyone who would listen about her great news.
"I've missed her." He said expressing his thoughts out loud, that earn him a surprised look from both Amelia and Heather.
He met Amelia's eyes and the air fizzed between them, he could lose himself in her gaze. They had unfinished business. Heather cleared her throat.
"Well it was nice seeing you again Dominic, you look like you have things to discuss with my daughter, so I'll catch up with you later." Heather took his hand and shook it firmly. She leant over whispered something in Amelia's ear before heading off towards a group of people talking at the bar.
"Dominic I-"
"Please don't Amelia, the apartment is yours and Hopes. Will you take a walk with me? I need to talk to you about something personal." He asked feeling nervous all of a sudden.
"Of course Dominic, let me just make sure Iris knows where I am incase Hope needs me."
"I'll wait here for you, don't be long." He said regretting his demanding tone almost instantly, he watched as she moved across the room to Iris, the pink dress she was wearing hugged her in all the right places, showcasing her perfect hourglass shape, the way her hips swayed as she walked drew his vision straight to her perfect derriere, he imagined squeezing the mounds as he fucked her, his cock strained against his suit pants. He was in serious trouble with this woman.

Emmie

As Emmie made her way across the hotel function room her heart was beating wildly. Her mind was racing with what Dominic wanted to talk about, she could feel his eyes watching her every move. The way he'd comanded her had added to the dampness between her legs from just being in his presence. She was surprised at her reaction, usually she didn't respond favourable to being ordered around. If he could make her a quivering wreck just by using that deep smooth, sexy voice on her what would she be like if he touched her? She internally shuddered, tingles traveling to her lady part at the thought of his hand on her.
She reached Iris who was busy colouring a picture with Hope, she was brilliant with her. Hope was just as bisoted with Iris.
"Hey Iris, Hey Princess, are you being good?" Emmie asked
"She's perfect Emmie, she has just been telling me how excited she is to be moving here." Iris said smiling
"My new bedroom is going to be butterflies. Butterflies are for bigger girls and I am five soon." Hope said turning the page of her colouring book and starting a fresh masterpiece.
"Are you? Ooh, well you'll have to come to The Sanctuary for a teddy bear picnic in the woods for your birthday."
Hope grinned at Iris her eyes as wide as saucers.
"Hmm, I think that's a good idea Aunty Iris, can Jakey come too?" Hope had a soft spot for Jake much to his grumbling about it she suspected he enjoyed the attention Hope gave him.
Iris smiled and nodded at Hope.
"I'm going to tell him." Hope shouted and skipped off towards Jake who lifted her up as soon as she got to him, listening enthusiastically to what she was saying.
"I think Kate has competition." Iris said laughing.
"Iris, are you ok if I leave Hope with you guys for ten minutes? I'll just be outside in the gardens, Dominic wants to speak to me about something." She chewed on her lip.
"Of course you can darlin. Hope is fine with us. Are you alright darlin? You look terrified." Iris asked looking concerned.
"I'm ok, I am just not sure how to handle everything. I've never been with any other man but Will...The way Dominic looks at me I know there's something between us." Emmie said feeling more vulnerable than she had in a long time. Iris had a way of making people open up to her and had been like a mum to Clara.
"You're a grown woman and you know whatever you decide that sister of yours will have your back one hundred percent. I say you only live once lovely, and who's to say he's not your one. Lord knows if I had a shot with a man who looked like that I'd be on him like Sea biscuit." Iris said mock fanning herself.
Emmie couldn't controlled the hysterical belly laugh that left her.
"Oh Iris, that's the funniest thing ever." She said wiping at tears. "Thank you, you've definitely given me something to think about."
"My pleasure, lovely, now don't leave him hanging and tell me everything tomorrow, when you come to pick up Hope."
"Thanks again Iris." She said embracing her and kissing her cheek.

The walk back to Dominic was intense, his eyes watched her every move. She couldn't tare her eyes away from his.
"Are you ready Amelia?" He asked offering his hand.
"I am" she said placing her small hand in his large one, it was like static flowing over her as their skin touched. She wondered if he felt it to, if he did it didn't show as he lead her outside.
They walked out into the gardens and around the back of the hotel. Dominic didn't let go of her hand once. She took tiny glances at him, he seemed deep in thought.
"Here's fine Dominic." She said abruptly stopping and releasing his hand. "What did you-"
He grabbed her around the waist and pulled her flush against him, his mouth took hers passionately. She surrendered powerless to resist his sensual kiss opening for him. He tasted of whisky and something that was entirely him, their tongues danced together, she couldn't suppress the small moan that escaped her. He nipped at her bottom lip, slowing the kiss down, before stepping away from her. She stared at him wide eyed not sure what to say. Her fingers touched her mouth. Her lips were still tingling from his kiss.
"I have wanted to do that since the first night I saw you Amelia." He said his voice husky.
"I-"
"I know you are unsure, because of the circumstances around our first encounter, but I want to change that uncertainty. Would you have dinner with me? Let me show you I am not the man everyone thinks I am." She met his dark blue eyes, there was a storm in them like he was trying to control himself from taking her again.
"I think you are a gentleman and were very kind to me and Hope when we stayed with you Dominic. But, what I did, how can you forgive that?" She asks pulling away fom him, she was feeling conflicted about everything.
He grabbed her hand she thought she saw fear in his eyes at her withdrawal from him.
"Juliet brought it on herself, she was poisonous Amelia, she was so caught up in my fathers bitterness she had blackened her own soul, I am just glad it was her and not you." The conviction in his voice startled her.
What?
"Dominic, you don't mean that." She said feeling a little overwhelmed all of a sudden.
"I don't say anything I don't mean Amelia...I need to taste those perfect lips of yours again." He said and pulled her against him taking her mouth in another earthshattering kiss.

I will edit this chapter later. I hope you're enjoying the first few chapters.

Happy reading guys. <3