Chapter Fourteen

Two Weeks Later

Dominic

He sat at the head of the table at one of his usual business meetings in Los Angeles, all his most trusted business advisors had joined them, he had been here for just over a week sorting out finances and staff related issues. keeping himself busy was helping with the dull ache he had carried around in his gut since Amelia left. She had walked out the same day he had picked her up from Dundrum. She had thanked him for his hospitality and taken off with Hope again. He could still see the haunted expression in her eyes, she couldn't hide it, not from him, her big aqua eyes were filled with fear and unresolved conflict, he would have comforted her but she probably would have kicked him in the balls or told him to fuck off. She hid behind her sassy attitude and wicked tongue but he knew she was broken and in pain, he just hoped distance away from him would give her clarity and bring her back to him they needed eachother, she was the other half of his heart.
Colt had come to the club the next evening to speak to him, he had to give the guy his due, he had balls. Amelia had wanted to ask if he could find out where her husbands body had been disposed of after he was killed.
Whatever she had seen the night in the cottage had seriously spooked her. Colt was worried that The Domini Bellatorum's informant was trying to cause a rift between the two families and Juliet was only a small part of a much bigger picture. He had contacted Joe Finnegan one of his men here in LA who had been guarding and keeping tabs on Juliet for him. Joe had done some digging for him and was meeting him later on this evening at the club with some information. He knew he wasn't going to like what he told him. Something didn't feel right about this whole thing.

The Domini Bellatorum were no longer a threat, the tiny sample of dna taken from Amelia had come back positive so they had no choice but to except her and Hope. They were both part of the Vandran bloodline. They would now be under their protection as long as he still had an affiliation towards her. If he could only get through to her that she would be safer with him than with her mother. Heather was very unpredictable and went on the defense straight away when it came to using magic. It had earned her a reputation of being ruthless, she was powerful, an experienced Cailleach who had left some of the most deadliest warlocks on their knees begging for mercy. But as much as he respected Heather and her abilities she would be no match for what was coming.

He looked at his watch, it was one forty-five, they had been in this room since ten this morning, going over club business and throwing new ideas round. They were being approached by a well known club owner from Texas called Wyatt Blackstone with an offer to buy out his Los Angeles Pedition.
With it's high classed clientele and popularity the LA base was one of the highest and most lucrative of his businesses, there was no chance he was selling up.

Harry Gregson his best friend since school and Manager of his American business was in the middle of explaining the situation. "We've faced this kind of offer before. Mr Blackstone is a pestigious Club owner and like yourself has expanded his business over seas, he knows if he sets up here in LA our club will wipe out any chance he has at succeeding in profit. Therefore he is offering a generous sum to buy out the building where Pedition is housed. He has heard on the grape vine that your loyalty lies firmly in Ireland since Juliet was killed and was hoping you would allow him first refusal. What do you suggest we do?"

"I have no intentions on selling my club period, it was a business that was built up by my family over centuries. I have worked very hard to expand and francise it effectively. I have every faith that Pedition will keep on making us a lot of money and create more jobs for our spectral community around the world. The figures for this year alone are very impressive indeed Harry. I am glad to see I made the right choice in offering you this position, not that I ever doubted you. As for Mr Blackstone let him know my company here or anywhere else in the world is not up for sale nor will it ever be. And he'll do well not listening to things he hears on 'the grape vine' about my personal or business dealings. My private life is just that. Making me an offer on idle gossip is ludicrous on his part."

Six hours later...

Dominic pulled his Custom built Harley Davidson Dyna motorcycle into the small car park of Cloudy Jo's bar on the South Westside of LA.
Joe had called an hour ago changing their plans. He was bringing an informant with him, someone who had been there the night Juliet had shot Amelia's husband. The guy didn't want to be seen around Pedition for fear of any repercussions for his loose tongue.
Joe thought this guys information would be something of interest to him, so he had agreed. He was now starting to regret that decision as all eyes were on him as he stepped into the dimly lit bar room. Every spectral in the place could sense his magic. He was used to this reaction, he'd dealt with it all his life. Some stared in awe others had the look of fear in their eyes. But they all knew not to fuck with him. He was having a difficult time keeping the waves of darkness from seeping out of him. He needed another night in the ring when he got back.
He looked around. It wasn't the kind of place he was used to, but it had a lot of character. It was a decent sized room. Wooden tables covered the floor space around the large bar area, there were an array of different guitars electric, base and acoustic mounted on the walls, and a small stage area for live music. Next to each of the guitars was pictures of the famous people who had owned them.
There was a woman singing on a karaoke machine in the far corner of the room, sluring the words to Patsy Cline's Stand by your man.

Great

He made his way across the floor thankful he had opted to dress in black jeans and boots tonight instead of his usual suit. The bar area was reatively empty. There were one or two couples sitting and talking amongst themselves. He chose a stool closest to the wall so he could see the entrance, he hated sitting with his back to the room, it left you vunerable to an attack. He placed his helmet on the bar, he left his leather jacket on and sat down. The barman approached, he was a big bearded guy with a shaved head and a full tattoo sleeve on his left arm. He was dressed in a black t-shirt with the bar logo across his chest. This guy was a strong familiar, Dominic watched as his eyebrows raised in recognition of his inportance, a look of respect flashed across the big guys face.

"What can I getchya?" He drawled.
"A Jack Daniels on the rocks please." Dominic said.
"That's a nice ride you got yourself outside fella. And that accent your not from around here are ya?"
"Actually, I own a bar in central LA you may have heard of it, Pedition?"
The big guys face paled as the penny dropped. "Sorry to be so nosy Mr Bellator sir, I-I didn't realise."
No one ever used his surname, he hated it and hated that just the name instilled so much fear into people.
"It's fine, call me Dominic. Is this your establishment?" He asked trying to ease the guy who looked like he was about to hyperventilate.
"Yes sir-I mean Dominic."
"It's a nice place, lots of character, you must be Jo?" He offered his hand, the guy accepted shaking his hand firmly, he could feel the tremors through his palm.
"I am. The names Joseph Hines. It's er a pleasure to meet you. What brings you to this part of LA? I can't imagine this is your usual place to drink."
"You'd be suprised by some of the places I've drank at Joseph, and to answer your question. I am meeting some friends."
"Well anything you need just give me a shout, that last drink is on the house." The expression on the guys face was one of relief.
"That's very kind of you but also very unecessary you have a business to run and staff to pay." He pulled his wallet from his jacket taking a couple of hundred dollars out and handed them over. "That should cover our drinks for tonight. Keep whatever is left over." Joseph looked at him like he wasn't quite sure whether to take it or not.
"There's no catch Joseph. I am not the big bad warlock everyone thinks unless you get on my wrong side and you have been very hospitable, call whatever is left over your tip."
"Thank you...Dominic"
Dominic checked his watch, Joe was late, it wasn't like him. He pulled his phone out of his jacket pocket about to send a text when he spotted him.
Joe was tall and still as wide as he remembered. He kept his dark hair shaven to the skin, he had grown a beard since he last saw him though, his big tribal chest and neck tattoo trailed up to just below his left ear making him look even more like the mean son of a bitch he was. He looked at home in this bar. A smaller slimmer man followed behind him, he looked about forty but Dominic had the impression he was much younger. This guy was either a recovering drug addict or looking for his next fix. His skin hung off his high cheekbones and his eyes were bloodshot and emotionless.
Dominic stood and waited for Joe to approach.
"Good to see you Joe. Thanks for coming." He said taking his hand and patting him on the shoulder.
"No problem boss man, this is Simon, Simon this is Dominic."
Simon offered his hand. Dominic saw his chance to find out what was in this guys memory from the day Amelia's husband was killed.
He took his hand
"Memoria." He whispered, and was transported back in time in Simon mind.