Chapter Six

Emmie

Her lips still tingled from his abrupt assault on her mouth a wave of pleasure cursed through her body and she shuddered. How could she resist him when just a touch of his lips left her in this predicament, he was like an drug that she couldn't get enough of.
She let the last five minutes sink in and silently chastised herself on her weakness for that man.
Her stupidity had put her and Hope in danger.
She had to snap out of whatever had gotten into her since coming back to Ireland.
She needed to contact Clara and let her know what was going on and where she could find her.
She closed her eyes and focused on channelling her sister.
Their telepathic connection had grown stronger the last few months so she knew she wouldn't have to wait long for the familiar buzzing.
"Clara, can you hear me?"
...

"Hey sis, is everything ok?" Clara's voice broke through the static sound in her brain, Emmie released the breath she had been holding, feeling nervous about what she had to admit.

"I've done something so stupid Clara, I had sex with Dominic and now me and Hope are in danger." Emmie said in one breath ripping off the band aid straight away.

"What? What has Dominic done? Has he hurt you?" Clara sounded pissed.

"No, it's not him, it's The Domini Bellatorum, they don't agree with Dominic's choice of mate. He has just left to see if he can negotiate with them. What have I done Clara? I am so stupid." Emmie said feeling deflated and pissed off with herself at the same time.
"No you are not. You didn't know this would happen, and besides the electricity coming off you two last night, I am not surprised. Do you need us to sort you a safe house?" Clara said her voice was full of worry.
"Dominic wants us to stay at his mansion until he knows it's safe. He said he can protect us." The connection went quiet for a few seconds, like Clara was mulling over what to suggest.
"Stay there tonight Emmie, we will sort you something else out. I don't like the idea of you both staying in that house for longer than you have to, it's like your sitting in the lions den. Colt will come and get you and Hope from Dominic's first thing in the morning. Don't tell anyone. It's better no one knows where you are."

"Ok, thank you. I'm so sorry Clara, you guys have only just got married and-."

"Don't you dare, you're my sister, you know I would die for you and that little princess. Just stay safe until we get there." Clara said interrupting her apology.

"I will. Love you." Emmie was so thankful that Clara was so supportive.

"Be careful" Clara said before connection went quiet. Emmie sat on the edge of the bed and ran her hand over her face. What the hell had she gotten herself into?
Time to face the music she thought as she let herself out of the cabin in search of Iris. How the hell did she explain all of this to Hope?

Dominic

He was used to sitting at tables discussing business, it was part and parcel of running a chain of night clubs, hours of negotiating and organising the marketing. But, this was different. This was personal.
The panel of ten men sat around a very large boardroom table looking like they would rather be anywhere but here. All of them were old spectrals a mix of Warlock and familiar. All of them had sworn a sacred oath when they were young to uphold The Domini Bellatorum legacy.

"You have forgotten who you are." Fredrick, the head of the table spoke first. The authority radiated off him, he was a powerful warlock and the oldest known decendant of The original covenant. Dominic wasn't intimidated and he wasn't backing down, he knew he was stronger, than anyone in this room. He wasn't their puppet, they needed to start realising what he could do if pushed.