Chapter 18

"Hello, are you the NCIS agents?" Someone asked from behind us.
"We are, I'm special agent Krista Morgan and this is agent Nell Jones." I say.
"I'm Caleb Grimm, my wife, Joey Stamper, Spencer Kane, Chad and that's Fallon Graham." He says pointing to each of them. I shake all of their hands and look to Nell.
"Mr and Mrs Grimm can I talk to you two first?" They look at each other and nod. We walk over to an empty table and sit down.
"Is this about Todd?" Kelsey asked.
"Unfortunately, what can you tell me about what happened the night of your concert?" I ask.
"Well Joanna and Todd came visit us after the concert and we talked for hours." Kelsey said.
"Well that's until you and Joanna wanted chocolate and peanut butter and Todd went to get it..." Caleb said.
"He didn't return than?"
"No, Kelsey and I took Joanna home."
"Did she seem worried when she realized he wasn't home?"
"No, she's told me awhile ago that he's been staying out late and getting home early." Kelsey said.
"Did she suspect anything?"
"She wasn't sure what to think, she wanted to see if it was going to stop."
"Thank you, that was great. If you need anything just call, I should talk to one of the others now."
"Thank you agent Morgan, I wish you the best." I shake their hands and walk back over and see one left.
"Joey right?"
"I am." He said. I wave him over.
"We would go over to the table but I'm going to go order some food so we'll walk and talk, sound good?" He nods.
"And agents favorite question, what can you tell me about Todd?"
"He was the type of guy you can trust with anything, he took it to the grave...literally." I nod than quickly order my food.
"Mrs Grimm mentioned something, I'm wondering if you would know something about it?"
"Depends on what it is."
"She mentioned that Todd would stay out late and come back early in the morning, would you know anything about that?" He didn't say anything, so when I hear my order being called I take my food and we head back to the table. "Ok, no one else is around, it's just me. Why was Todd missing during the nights?"
"Todd was a great guy, he had a great wife, a kid on the way, a great job, but like most he had his negatives. Todd would go down to the bar and sing, after his act he hangs around talking and sometimes drink."
"Do you know what bar?"
"Ya, it's a few blocks away from Joannas house." I write it down and look down at my plate completely forgeting my next question.
"Darn I forgot what I was going to ask."
"Brain blank, I get those more than a normal human should."
"Ok."
"Well till you remember, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"
"Heh, I don't mind, I'm 21."
"I see a ring, what's his name?"
"Hank."
"How'd you two meet?"
"We grew up together, my parents and his dad worked together." I than remember a good question to ask. "Thank you memory, did Todd ever mention anything that was worrying him or something that would make him feel like he needs to protect Joanna?"
"Besides being pregnet, he said that he felt like someone was watching them."
"Them? As in he and Joanna?"
"I think so."
"Thank you, if you think of anything more give me a call." He nodded and left. I look around for Nell and once spotted, I wave her over. "Lets head back and tell the others what we got."
"Right." He head out and go back to the office. Once again the car ride was silent as I was starting to feel nauseated again.
Once we arrived Sam came over to me with a bottled water. "Drink." He stated. I didn't oppose to the idea, and smiled weakly at him.
"Did you guys get anything?" Callen asked.
"All I got was that he was a good guy, he would've never done anything to potentially harm him wife, and he was a talented singer." Nell said.
"Todd had been staying out late and arriving home early in the morning. He would do a jig at a bar and stay afterward for a drink most times. The bar is a few blocks from his house. Todd thought someone was watching them, he and Joanna." I say.
"Alright, let's find out what we can about that bar, maybe go vist it." Callen said.
"I'm also thinking that it's possible that whoever killed our Leutenit is watching Joanna as well, I think it might be best if we have an agent with her at all times."
"Good idea, I'll send an agent down."
"Should I call her and let her know?" He nods. I quickly call her and let her know what's happening, she wasn't too happy but was overall ok with keeping her baby safe.
"Krista!" I hear from behind me. I turn around and see Kensi walking towards me.
"What's up?"
"Ceiling." Deeks said coming out of nowhere.
"Very funny."
"Not really, nothing much, you?" Kensi said quickly.
"What's up with you?" I sigh.
"Nothing, why would you think that?"
"Profiler."
"Right. I just was going to ask you-well we were going to ask-not to offend you-we just-"
"Spit it out!" I exclaim.
"Right, Deeks, spit it out." Kensi patted his shoulder.
"Fine! Krista, are you still sick or are you having-issues?" Deeks asked oddly casual.
"Really? That's why you couldn't speak?"
"Well, it's a personal question." Kensi shrugged.
"No I am not, I am getting over being sick still."
"Oh, well forget we even asked."
"Don't worry I won't."