[21] Rewind & Play

I'm so sorry to keep you guys waiting for so long but here goes an exciting update! I hope you remember this book and its story, enjoy reading it will update the next chapter soon till then enjoy this one!

CHAPTER XXI

JAMES

I was rooted to the place,  there was no escape from this place, it was a neverending maze. Whatever it was, it stayed there standing looking at me.

There came a sudden rage in me to destroy the house and I was going to do that.

All of a sudden I felt alone which I definitely was, my body was paining from all the sleepless nights, the sudden turn of my life. Losing every person I meet, I felt as if I was the curse. And then came Emma, I don't know what was between us but she was special.
I wanted to yell but the voice was stuck inside my throat. I was losing my mind.

The only thing which comes to my mind, is I'M STUCK, I realized this is a maze a very deep, troubled, and horrible one where I'm trapped forever, I lost my friend, then his family, and Emma, what if I would have died and she would have been at my place, she would Have survived, all I wanted was to end this or end me?

Cops are behind me because they think I'm the culprit, the creepy souls are running behind me, but what I'm running for was I even going to forget everything that happened, was my life ever going to be normal even after running and hiding, I wanted somebody to hold me, talk to me about how everything was going to be okay.

I kept looking at the figure that was standing right in front of me, for the very first time I wasn't scared, I wanted to fight back I didn't care that I live or die but I wanted to solve this mystery.

I started to walk towards the creepy figures, I could hear my heart beating rapidly, sweat forming and that weird feeling of something unbelievable was going to happen was rising deep inside.

The silhouettes became more clear as I reached more closer to them, they didn't move there was this blurriness around time which wasn't helping me to identify what they were? Only a few steps and my body would collide with them if I didn't stop wa...

The silhouettes became more clear as I reached more closer to them, they didn't move there was this blurriness around time which wasn't helping me to identify what they were? Only a few steps and my body would collide with them if I didn't stop walking.

Suddenly darkness started to increase everything around me started losing its color, a strong sound of something moving and clashing to each other came from nowhere, the light on the street was glowing but there was no color to it, it was jade black, darkness surrounding dark, the silhouettes had disappeared in the darkness, the sight was terrific everything around me was black as if black had got is shades of light and dark, the noise around me increased so much that I covered my ears to protect them. My head starts to throb and I fell on my knees, I stayed like that till I lost count of time, my breathing became uneven my body felt the jerk of somebody pushing me and my eyes opened to a bright place, the air felt different and cheerful, It wasn't gloomy anymore, was I in heaven?

I was on the ground surrounded by a grass field, beautiful flowers, and a lake in front of me, and I heard her, this couldn't happen right now with me, she died right in front of my eyes I didn't want this to be a dream, I heard her calling my name and she was giggling, she was happy, I could hear her steps coming near, standing right behind me, I wanted to look at her and hold her but I was scared to turn back to see her disappear once again. Was this a dream what was this?

"James" Emma called me once again, I had this sudden urge to turn back, but what if it wasn't Emma what if the house and the souls residing there were playing another game?

Ended this chapter with a cliffhanger, who do you think she is? 

Is it Emma or the voices from the house?

Do let me know.

Don't forget to comment & vote and do add this book to your reading list to get the notification for the next update!