[13] RED

CHAPTER XIII

Anne's P.O.V.

I woke up, Derrick was not beside me, though it was 9'o clock the weather was dull today, as I was starting to get up and remove the comforter aside, I couldn't move my hands, I tried harder to lift the sheet up but my hands were stuck to the bed. Once again fear stricken me, I was now getting worried my hands started to bore deeper inside the thick bed pressuring my hand bones on the flat surface of the mattress, my hand started to give me the pain as the pressure started to increase.

My mouth got open for asking for help as I started to call Derrick's name.

"Derri..." the words got muffled when my open mouth suddenly got shut, I couldn't feel my lips as if they were gone, the feeling was worst, tears started to pool in my eyes, abruptly it got difficult to breathe as if my nose was disappearing to, this couldn't be happening I was shaking my head badly taking the last puff of breath as my chest stayed lift to exhale the air not getting any way to for the exiting.

It started to suffocate as sweat formed on my forehead, my whole body started to shiver

It started to suffocate as sweat formed on my forehead, my whole body started to shiver. I was started to throw my legs off. Patting them on the bed.

Mentally I was crying for help, pain struck me when my right leg got to freeze as if my blood started to get cold and freezy. The freezing started to rise higher and higher.

Before it could reach any further my left eye got closed leaving me with only one vision.

When I heard Derrick's voice coming from outside he was talking to someone.

"Yeah, I will be there," he said to the person he was talking to. I wanted to scream his name but all I could feel was my gone lips, my tongue was trying to push the flesh from inside which had turn rigid now. I needed to breathe or else I was going to due to lack of oxygen in my lungs.

The doorknob turned as he started to enter the room, my whole body started to function back, my nose left the breath which I was holding back, taking deep breaths, the suffocation had nearly killed me.

I threw away the comforter as I raised my hands, getting outside of the bed, I walked a little feeling my legs again.

"I will take care about it," Derrick's voice reached my ear and I stopped.

"Why are you walking like that?" he queried when he noticed me pacing on the same place.

"Exercise?" I answered which sounded more like a question, he knew I was lying as I was never a person who will exercise, his facial expression change into a frustrated once as if he wanted to ask me about my changing behavior but he was trying hard to control himself.

"What is going on with you Anne?" he asked referring to yesterday event.

"I don't know," I said angrily my voice rasing on him.

"I won't be home tonight," he said shutting the door behind him making me flinch at its noise.

I didn't try to stop him because the questions he was asking was not having proper answers, without looking at myself and still in my night clothes, I took my car keys and left the house.

I started driving to Amberwood, I need to tell Nanna or else I was going to leave this case and not work on it, this was scary and I was not ready to face it.

As I reach in front of Nanna's house, Nanna came outside making me wonder how did she even come to know that I was going to visit her.

"Go freshen yourself first," she said without letting me talk.

After getting my head clear with the warm water running on my skin, I got down to tell Nanna everything.

As I went in the living room, there was one more presence sitting with Nanna.

"Anne, meet Mr. Thomas Dadlin," Nanna said intimating towards the person sitting opposite to her, he was wearing the old-time black coat and having this big white mustache, his face was showing the wrinkles indicating his old age his eyes were big and speaking the truth there were quite scary. Anne, everything new to you is scary nowadays my inner soul spoke. Which was actually the truth.

"He was the investigator of Rose Burns case," she said giving him a smile.

That caught my attention as I was all ears to listen to what he had to tell about the house.

"I'm Anne Scout, Reporter of Lakewood Local News," I said sitting beside Nanna.

"I remember Lilly, telling me that her granddaughter is a reporter," Mr. Dadlin said.

"So, why did you needed my help in this?" he asked Nanna.

Nanna explained everything I had told her, I remember the morning, which was still untold.

"I never thought that might be the case," he said.

"But there was something weird about the house, whenever we use to enter for the investigation it used to have this weird aura around it, if you are saying this Lilly that there must be something evil then you need to meet my friend, he was a priest in the church and had studied about this things earlier," he answered thinking about something.

After little more information and the same history shown on the internet, Mr. Dadlin left.

My phone rang displaying hefty Keynes name on it. I had totally forgotten about going to office due to morning incident.

"Hello," I answered getting a loud yell in return.

"Where are you, Anne?" Mr. Keynes asked in a harsh tone.

"I want you in my cabin within twenty minutes Anne or you lose the job," he said without letting me talk and hanging up the phone.

Seriously, what just happened right now, how was I going to reach within twenty minutes? Does he think that I'm a superwoman who is just going to fly and reach over there?

"He doesn't even know Anne that you are not in Lakewood," I talked to myself.

"Nanna, you need to come with me in Lakewood," I said taking my car keys.

There was only one thing in my mind that I was going to end this stuff, why I was the only one who was suffering?

Please Share the story with your wattpad friends, Tag them over here if you want too!

Help me in gaining new readers :)

COTE!(COMMENT & VOTE)

ClaireS27