[8] REGRET

CHAPTER VIII

James P.O.V.

Though my eyes are open I can't think of why; my heart is pounding, mind empty. It's as if an injector of adrenaline has been emptied in mine veins. I strain into the utter obscurity, breathing rate beginning to steady.

I was thinking about today's event the reporter Ethan's word. What the hell did he know what was happening in that house, I speaking up the truth was not going to help me, but staying quiet that was not even going to ease me either.

I was confused between speaking and staying mum. But if I did open up about the haunted house, they could at least think about it and others life could be saved through, it would never bring Emma and Avon and their family back.

Why was I left alone? It should have killed me too! There was no point to start back my life with all the haunted memories, I couldn't start my day with all the memories flashing in my mind, I have started getting the nightmares, at least the medications help me to sleep back, but the visions are been imprinted in my head.

My body started to sweat once again, I was starting to hear the evil laughs. My fingers are curled into a fist, nails digging into my palm. I was feeling tough to open my eyes, I was knowing panicking was not going to help me so I made myself calm.

I try to sleep the tablet is helping me to fall asleep, as I close my eyes there she comes back lying on the ground blood surrounding her, she is in pain, crying, calling for help and then all the whimpers stop as she closes down her eyes. I want to go near her but I failed to save her, I was knowing something was wrong with that house, I should have warned them earlier the day when the room given to me got messed up as if someone must have done it with anger.

The similar day I remember Mrs. Calder talking with her husband about that night.

"There something wrong with this house Mark," she said with fear rising in her voice.

"Julia, the department will need some time to shift us from this place, we need to stay over here for a while, till that you and kids need to adjust yourself for a while," Mr. Calder said.

I was going to go back to my room, as listening to their conversation without them knowing that I was standing there too, was not a good impression but Mrs. Calder next sentence made me halted at my place.

"Emma, she was crying after you brought her home I could see how scared she was, you know that our daughter will never cry for some silly issue, there is something bothering her, we need to talk to her about what happened with her." she explained breaking down and that was the time I left the place.

I had made my decision there was no sense of acting dumb and telling the truth, I was going to talk with that reporter about what actually happened then he believes me or not it depends on him and this world. The cops would never consider my sentence all I could get help was from the media.

The next day the reporter came and he was not alone, there was this another lady with him, who had visited me first.

After all the small talks I told them everything from the start of what actually happened and how the house is full of mystery. Explaining them took a while when I finish my side of the story I was looking at them to understand what were they thinking. Both were having this serious expression when the reporter Ethan chuckle.

Making me know that he was not believing what I said to them.

"Listen, I needed true facts about that day, not some contest plot on which I could write a story," he said humor visible in his voice.

"You still got time to speak up about the real truth," he suggested and stood up.

"If you still wanted time then you could have told instead of telling the creepy film story," he said and left the room.

I was very much angry on myself, what a dumb the person could be, why would I be lying when I was just going to end up in the prison.

"I believe you," said the female voice whom I have long forgotten that another reporter was also present in the room.

But then my brain processed her words, "I believe you" did she just said that?

I looked at the lady whose name now I don't remember.

"You do believe me? don't you think it's some made up story?" I asked for confirming that I heard her right.

"I was knowing it was something else." she murmured to herself.

"Anne, you going to come?" Ethan asked her opening the door.

"I will visit you tomorrow, I need to go right now," she said rushing out of the room.

COTE! (COMMENT & VOTE)

MEET ME IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!