[6] Death

CHAPTER VI

Anne's P.OV

"Look's like a kid room," said the known voice who was now talking to me, while my heart was still thumping like a scared child.

I turn back to look at the same guy in a black tee, who was examining the room.

"Hey, I'm Ethan Williams," he said while handing the recorder from the right hand to his left.

"Hi, I'm Anne Scout, from Lakewood Local news," I said.

"For whom do you work for?" I asked Ethan.

"I'm an intern, just started my career in journalism," he said.

"I don't think there is anything over here, no evidence and no human," he said switching off the recorder.

"Who do you think must have done this?" Ethan asked while taking a lying doll from the nearby wooden table.

"Have no idea, but have this feeling that James alone must not have done this, someone must have helped him," I said thinking.

"There can be more than James Parker in this case," Ethan said now observing another toy.

"Yes, there can be someone, but what confuses me is that how the whole family got targeted at once," I said

"Mr. and Mrs. Calder died in an accident as per the report, but it can be a murder case now," he said ruffling through his backpack, which now I noticed was with him.

"Look at this pictures," Ethan said showing me the images of the mishap the car had hit the tree pretty hard, the pictures were taken after moving out the dead bodies as the glass was shattered and covered in blood.

"Through this, it looks like an accident," I said observing the images but they were like a common accident, noting looked like a suspicion.

"What the cops have declared the reason is?" I asked.

"Nothing, as a reason, the breaks were good, until someone must have come in front of the car as the tire prints were..." before Ethan could explain Furthermore Jane barged inside the room, taking heavy breaths and sweating badly.

"Jane, are you okay?" I asked but she just kept looking at the door, she was holding my hands tightly as if she was in pain and scared of something.

"Jane," I was trying to get her attention but she just kept shaking her head and sobbing loudly her loud sobs turn down when her hold on my hands got loose and she collapses on the floor.

Ethan carried Jane and helped me in her getting out of the room. While I was thinking what just happened to her, was she not feeling well or did she saw something in one of the other rooms.

Jane's P.O.V

I felt the water droplets on my eyes, my head was little heavy, I was trying to recollect about where I was and what happened to me, but everything was blank, I couldn't think anything.

I was trying to open my eyes, but it was getting difficult to open them, after a lot of efforts, light flicker in my eyes.

"Jane," someone's voice called.

As my eyes got properly open Anne's face came in front.

"How are you feeling?" she asked gazing at me with her big eyes.

"Wa..water...," my voice croaked out.

After finishing the whole glass of water, I tried to get up, looking around I saw that I was sitting on the wooden floor.

Everything rushed through my mind. I was starting to panic once again.

"Jane, eat this," Anne said giving me the bunch of sweet candies she must have also noticed my condition.

"Anne, there is...," I was trying to say when the cop came asking about my condition.

After seeing what I saw up there, you will have to look after your condition I thought.

"She is good," Anne said behalf of me.

"What actually you saw Ms. Carter?" the cop asked me.

"There is someone's dead body in the room," I said straight maintaining my shivering posture. was it so hard to even breath after looking at the state in which the body was?

Flashback

I entered the room, which was having the outside view, the wind was flowing swiftly, it didn't even felt like something must have happened in this mansion, everything was good and who won't love to live in such a magnificent place, a thought appeared in my mind.

The room was quite big having one medium size bed, the wooden headboards of the bed were having this intricate pattern, I was so engrossed in thinking how the beautiful the room was when I got curious to look at the closet.

I step near the closet when a tangy smell reaches my nose, I moved the closet door when something heavy falls on my body making me lose my balance and falling straight on the floor and the thing lied on top of me.

When I open my eyes to look what made me fall all I saw was red, the body covered in blood whose head was tied in a white transparent bag, covered by blood, the dead body;s mouth was still open showing its teeth still drenched in blood.

Who won't get a panic attack after seeing such a horrendous scene lying on top of themselves, I got so scared that I threw the body with all my force and ran outside the room, with my shaking feet.

The blood, the bag, the face, I couldn't think about the body anymore, the heavy metallic smell, the smell was so bad that I felt like throwing up and the bile raised in my throat and I emptied my stomach on the floor.

Don't forget to vote!

Please do share your thoughts about the book and thank you to all my readers for supporting me!

*

So tired that going to sleep till someone wakes me up*

FOLLOW ME ON

ClaireS27