[16] Kiss & Scare {I}

CHAPTER XVI

Anne's p.o.v

"Derrick... I can...," he didn't let me finish as I was soon engulfed in a tight hug, what was wrong with Derrick, wasn't he feeling disgusted with this blood, I could still feel the blood droplets running on the skin inside my clothing.

"Anne, why didn't you told me what was happening with you," Derrick asked pulling me out of his arms and questioning me, who told him? did he already know?  Damn! now he is going to think I'm crazy.

"Can we talk about this later," I was trying to avoid his gaze.

"Yeah! we can, but I'm not leaving you alone," he said assuring me, something was wrong with him. what was the sudden change about? Did nanna tell him? Aargh! why can't she keep quiet?

Derrick helped me in the bath, the plain water was getting colored in red as soon as the water started to run through my body.

"David was found dead today, in his own house," Derrick said shampooing my hair, WHAT!

"The news said that that it was a natural death, but then the house in which he was investigating is been said as haunted, everyone related to the house is been killed or dying in some way or other," 

"I don't know Anne if the paranormal, spirit-related things are true or just a part of our imaginations, but I don't want to lose you," Derrick continued speaking while I just stayed quiet.

'You are not going to work on that report, no, matter how important that is or you lose your job, but you are not going to deal with that house," he said with deep emotions, what was he doing to me?

Never in my life, I had seen him getting this emotional and confessing something which he didn't even know.

"After seeing you in this state, I was sure that the house has a long story behind it, have you seen something or has something happened with you?" this time his questions made me look towards him. Should  I say, what was just happening with me? 

"Please answer me, Anne" he pleaded this time.

Tears started to bream into my eyes, this was hard, I was getting depressed, that house was bad, cruel, which neede to be destroyed.

Jame's P.O.V

The pain had reduced know, but it was still there, Nina was scared seeing me in the state, she had started crying.

I got the things out from the jacket there were few candies, waffles, and chips. We needed money or this was going to be hard.

"Nina," I called her giving her the opened packets on which she hurriedly started to eat.

How many days she has been I this state, at least I was been taken care in the hospital, I don't know how she even survived from that house, but I need to protect her, that was the only thing I could do for Emma and her family.