[7] The Talk

Please do share your thoughts about the book and thank you to all my readers for supporting me!

Before reading please listen to the music, it's scary enough to give you the feels.

CHAPTER VII

Ethan's P.O.V.

"You can't decide what the case is about, you are just an intern," said Alex the head of the Lakewood "Clarical Times"  and the managing director of Lakewood newspaper department.

"What I'm saying is the truth and if your channel doesn't want to accept it then I'm happy to leave this job," I retorted back.

"It's better to go somewhere who would actually accept the truth then searching for the evidence and the suspect," I was trying to explain Alex since few long hours, but now I was starting to think it was a waste of my own time.

"No one is going to believe you and Lakewood don't want a crappy film story, people need to be alerted, we are not here for scaring them," he said not understanding the main reason behind my sayings.

"Ok, then don't believe me, be happy with the fake content which is getting displayed on the screen," I said pointing to the television which was still showing the case about the murder and the house. Which was now constantly showing the same footage over and over.

"You better stop thinking about what you said earlier and continue doing what the police are investigating," Alex said fuming in anger and trying to give me the best of his furious glare, but I was already ready to leave the not so great post of mine if he was going to avoid the truth.

"I'm quitting the office," I said sighing and taking few steps back and left the office leaving the angry Alex behind.

 Why everyone can't see what I was pointing towards too. Since I entered the house, I was recording every corner of the house, when yesterday all left the place after the reporter Jane from the Lakewood Local News fainted, all were shocked after getting the dead body, who was still now under autopsy about finding out the identity.

I myself was in trauma when I saw the images taken by the investigators, they were the grossest pictures I would have ever seen, what questioned me was the cops had investigated the house earlier, then why did they didn't found the body at that particular time.

It was just in front as per the report which was given by Jane, the body was fallen from the closet and the cops had investigated it earlier.  I'm more than sure that there is something bigger than James Parker in this case. 

Though no one is going to believe the just new intern who just resigned from his job. I took my car and started my drive to the Hill Hospital as James himself can only answer my unanswered question, he is the one who knows what actually happen in the house, then it might he himself must have done it or he was just been held hostage for nothing.

After getting out from the car and entering the hospital which was not too in a good state, the lady gave me the visitor badge, there was not too much of haste in the hospital as everyone was busy in their own work.Two cops were standing outside the room, after showing my badge I enter the room 104, the face which till now I was just seeing in the image attached with the file was lying on the bed.

Sensing my presence in the room, James looked towards me, he might have gone through some investigation I guessed after seeing the disgusted look on his face.

"I'm Ethan Williams," I said going a bit close my body was firm as I hated the visit to hospitals, they were not my favorite places to come.

"I would like to know about the night when everything happened with the Calder family," I spoke when James didn't give any response to me.

"I know there is more than the printed words on the pages and I know there is something else besides you in these case, if you tried helping the cops or me it would help me to get to know what actually happened with the siblings," I said but still there was no response from the silent guy who just kept closing and opening his eyes.

"Do you even know the case is being raised against you, it means getting away from the hospital you will be in orange suits instead of the hospital clothes if you didn't speak up soon," I kept on talking and informing him about the incident which was soon going to affect him if he was blameless.

"If you at least tried to help us the real culprit will be in the jail instead of you," I continue my speaking trying to bring him to talk.

"Don't you even care about your friend Avon, who took you to his house as his best friend, he must have regretted it after you or someone else must have killed his sisters thinking that he choose the wrong person as his friend,"  I almost yelled but I didn't miss how he balled his fist and clutch the sheet with anger, his face showed some new reaction.

"Look, you need to speak, I will come back tomorrow till then hope you make up your mind, at least help your friend in getting justice," I said and left the room. It was intense, these were the first time I must have lost my temper. 

After exiting the room, there was only one person who came in my mind and I was ready to give her the visit.

A/N:- What do you think, will James speak up about the real truth?

Don't forget to vote!