[3] The Hill Hospital

CHAPTER III

I awoke to find myself not in my cozy bed, my head was on the desk my back was paining and my neck was having cramp as I felt asleep while reading the file

I awoke to find myself not in my cozy bed, my head was on the desk my back was paining and my neck was having cramp as I felt asleep while reading the file. My laptop had gone dead as I didn't plug it yesterday now showing me my reflection on it. 

My eyes felt on the red file which has been disturbing me since last night. The last page of the file was little crumbles due to me falling asleep on it. 

I looked at my phone when looking at the screen my eyes bulged out after seeing 20 missed calls from Darrick, how could I just forget about his flight, now he might have thought that I was ignoring him.

I check out the time it was eight in the morning, I was trying to call back Darrick but it was of no use, as there the machine voice retorted back.

I put down my cellphone back at the desk as I took the file and put it back in my handbag. 

  I freshen myself and started to do my normal routine, I did little makeup sweeping mascara over my lashes, I step back and look at myself in the mirror, running a comb through my hair. I fear my toned arms, honed from daily running and I was losing my weight, which was not good for me.

After getting ready for the office, I rush to catch a cab as always I was going to get late giving one more chance to Mr. Keynes to tell me how unprofessional and unethical I'm. But what could I do when my car had broken down since last four days and still in repairing process.

But my fortune was with me as soon as I step out from my apartment there was the cab waiting, hope I reach early I thought in my mind.

Finally, I reach the building of "Lakewood Local News" as I reach the main building I could hear the commotion going around the building, reporters were outside the building holding their cameras and recorders. 

"What a scene reporters around reporters," I murmur under my breath.

I made my way looking at the cops and the journalist asking them frequent questions about the case which currently was making me curious.

"Is there someone behind it?" A lady asked the investigator before the person could reply another question was thrown at him not giving him any chance to speak at all.

I speed my way away from the mob and safely reach to the office floor when Mr. Keynes came out of his cabin frustrated.

"Ms. Scout, I'm that you are here," Mr. Keynes speaks as sweetly as possible.

"You need to visit this place and Jane will be assisting you in this case," Keynes said introducing me the new girl behind him. Someone new was going to get in trouble by hefty Keynes