I step back to access the damage and sure enough, Blaze is panting with anger now. He is in a pool of his own blood and still seems to be in a shock at my speed. I could hear the surprised pack members but I don't want to think about that now.

We have anger. Much more than he could ever come up with. And that is the source of our strength and stamina. This uncontrollable rage makes us a savage, almost undefeated fighter. And Sam thinks it is a good enough source to draw my energy from.

Right in front of my eyes, I see Blaze's wounds heal. He has my same healing ability. How could I forget? I didn't leave anything too deep, unfortunately. Most were just surface wounds, but I can bet that if I were to go deeper, he wouldn't be as fast as me in the healing. The training I received from Sam had me fighting in almost life-threatening conditions. My body is conditioned to fight with fatal wounds so I heal faster. He isn't. He might have got the best teachers around.

But he wasn't taught with the pain I was taught in. Pain was my best teacher.

I lunged for him again but this time he evaded me and his powerful hind legs gave a strong blow to my head. Before I could register his claws has torn through my side ripping apart a bit of fur along with it. But before his jaws could clamp down on my neck, I gave a kick to his head and slipped away.

My wounds too already started to heal and I guess this was new information for Blaze. The pain didn't deter me as much as it did for him. Just like I predicted.

You see when you put too much pressure on your nerves with too much pain, consistently, they get damaged. I guess that is what happened to me. Most of my pain receptors are damaged by Sam's training and this makes me unable to feel pain at some points. Only some points though. Therefore I get weak and dizzy with the loss of blood, not the pain.

My breathing was still under level. Blaze was still panting with the healing wounds. We circled each other, my wolf snarling and snapping at him. He is a good match.

I lunged at him to test the waters. And he evaded me already reading my moves quite well and he tried to jump on me as well but Zian gracefully avoided any contact.

Our strength is speed. And we know how to use it and when to use it. That helps us conserve our energy.

He lunged at me, again and again, getting agitated as I played along with him, taunting him.

At last, I lunged at him but at that moment one of the watchers' mobile rang. The piercing frequency of the call made me stop mid-jump and I could feel my eyes turn involuntarily into the familiar electric blue. Most of the codlings and binary digits became to start coming visible around me as thick lines. The call itself became a distraction even though it was cut. The binary digits and the faint lullaby-like hum from the other phones and devices became take away my attention. I quickly looked at the ground to shield my eyes and Blaze took this opportunity to aim for my neck

I heard someone screaming in the crowd. A female scream and I saw my mom being held back by dad as she fought to get to me. Maternal instincts. My father too seemed to be fighting with his wolf to control himself from getting into the arena. Huh, that's news.

I could feel the bite on my neck and before long warm blood is coating my fur and flowing to the ground. Blaze stays with the hold, without tightening and then concentrates on me again. Xavier is hesitating. But he still used his power to make me submit.

Sneaky.

Sam has taught me how to get out of such compromising positions.

And before he could increase the pressure, I move my body like a wave starting from the front all the way to the back. The shock of it loosens Blaze's hold on my neck and I tear away rotating in his hold even though my flesh tears even more. And then without hesitation, I clamp down on his neck without hesitation.

Finding myselfOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara