Prologue

"Rawr" I growled with my hands at the side of my face, like claws. My attacker growled back at me. I stealthily jumped behind a bush. My black coat shining yet hiding me so efficiently from his glowing amber eyes. I could hear his frantic growling. I jumped behind a bush after bush, rolling like a spy. Suddenly, I heard a loud growl, right next to me. I jumped up squealing but his huge muscular form pinned my writhing form to the ground. Dammit, he is strong. Undoubtedly, the strongest alpha in the world is a wee-bit more than what my 7-year-old body can manage. But did that stop me from trying? No way!

The shadow cast by the sun enhanced the amber glow of his cruel eyes as well as white canines. Built like a true predator. He looked down at me as his devilishly handsome face split into a goofy grin.

"Gotcha" he whispered

I screamed bloody murder, tears that were always so easy to bring out broke free from my eyes.

"What happened? What happened baby girl? Did I hurt you?" He asked, his voice coated in panic and concern.

He sat up on his knees along with me on his lap and I rested my head on his shoulders, hiding my tear-strained eyes from him.

"Please tell me where it hurts Zara sweetheart", he begged, rocking me.

I started to giggle, slowly and looked up at him with mischievous eyes

"Got ya too, daddy, " I said smiling through my fake tears.

It took a moment for his concern stricken face to register exactly what I said. But when he did, he tossed me back on the ground and started to tickle my sides.

"Oh, you little..."

"When are you boys going to come up for lunch?" My mom asked.

She stood in the sun with a shining spatula that was soaked in batter. Her bright yellow sundress (dad bought that for her from Hawaii, knowing it will look good on her) and black waist length hair gliding in the wind. Even I stared at her beauty sometimes. I mean, if I had half of the beauty of that angelic face of hers, I would have boys lining at my door by the tender age of 9. Hmm... now that I think of it. How did she deal with? I will have to ask her later. I mean, she must have lost her v-card when she was 10 or something. Yeah, yeah, I know what you are thinking. 'OMG! A seven-year-old who knows that?' Well, let's just say my mom is more broad-minded that you are. I know, I have the coolest parents in the world who look like supermodels. Sadly I don't look that good. People say I look a lot like her. Sure I have her thick auburn hair and a few her facial features along with my dad's molten amber eyes, a rare combination. But still, when I look at the mirror, all I see are faults. My nose is too straight, my hair too curly and not shiny enough, my skin doesn't glow enough. Sometimes I miss the thin line between trying to be beautiful and trying to be my mom. Don't mistake me though. I mean I want to look like my mom, but I want to be a badass like my dad. He is also one of the strongest hackers alive. Yeah, you heard me. He is a werewolf alpha, who is also a hacker. Strong and independent, so cool. And I am not bad myself so I guess it's okay to call myself his sidekick, though we haven't been on any missions, other than "Pranking the Luna" aka my mom. Aside from the fact that I got my butt kicked now, I can take down any boy in my class. And I take hacking lessons from him daily. Being an alpha's daughter has its advantages. My mom says I am too smart for my age. Which, ahem, is completely true. But she also says that my mate will have second thoughts about me. Which is completely not true. My mate will be someone I can rely on, and the moongoddess is not cruel enough to pair me up with someone who is not in my range. If he is a goody two shoes, I will reject him myself. Anything other than daddy's badassness is completely unacceptable. I don't care if he is a rogue. My dad hates such discussions though. Anything linking his baby girl to boys is annoying to him. And that is mom's way of irritating him. One point for mom.

Anyway back to present, there is a staring contest going on here. Dad is so mesmerized by her and mom by him. Awww, I feel so jealous. I want to have a love like that one day. But ewwww, they are my parents. Where are my gag reflexes?

"I am not a boy." I grumbled under my breath, pouting, breaking the ice.

Both their heads snapped in my direction. Mom shook her head and blinked once before retorting back

"Well you sure act like one." I huffed and looked at my dad, who is staring at my mom's retreating back. Oh for the sake of bananas all over the world, get a grip.

We got up and made our way over to the house.

Dad is really busy with all his... well whatever it is that all badass alphas do. So getting him to ourselves is rare and precious. Not that he doesn't have time for us. Well you get my drift. So we have to make most of it while he is around. And today is a Sunday, so he will be here the whole day. I think happily as I skipped behind him.

That night we all stayed in front of the TV. My head on my mom's round tummy listening to the baby's heartbeat with my enhanced supercool werewolf hearing abilities. Oh, I forgot to mention. She is pregnant.

My dad sat at her side, playing with her hair.

"He sure is a kicker. I bet he will be champion." Dad said leaning down to kiss her tummy and then my forehead. I got up and sat on his lap.

"When will he arrive?" I asked

"Two weeks, tops. We are very close" He said. I was excited. I was going to have a younger sibling.

"How did the huge baby get in there? I mean I don't think mommy can swallow something whole like that." Mom choked and smiled while dad's cleared his throat and dad's face grew into an unusual shade of red. Mom and I made a plan called "Pranking the alpha." It was usually the other way round. But this was too good to miss. His reaction was hi-la-rious and so adorable. It is not every day you get that from the world's most powerful alpha. I guess I can get a kick out of this too.

"Let's put you to bed." He said picking me up.

I could hear mom's small giggles along the way. I did not appreciate that he changed the topic. But I love that he sang to me when he put me to bed. So I stayed quiet.

He tucked me in bed. His eyes were tender and held so much love. Little did I know, this might be the last time I would see this.

"Dad, why did you name me Zara?"

"Zara means seed. You see, you are destined for greatness, In fact you are the seed of great changes." He said, stroking my hair.

"Tell me the legend again."

"The most powerful of them all will give birth to it. The seventh generation in their family, the firstborn will mass immense powers. Uncontrollable and incomparable, only to bow down in warmth and love of its other half. The treacherous journey through many hardships, woven through toils will give rise to the invincible force... to be a protector or the destroyer. To call upon the world's end... or the sole reason it survives, restoring its balance." He recited like the natural flow of water. The legend was something burned into the family. By that I mean it was cooked and fed to us every day. Na... just kidding. Well, it was by heart for all of us.

"Does have something to do with me?" I asked, smirking.

Dad looked down at me. "Sometimes, you are too smart for your own good." He said, smirking back. Man, he surely knows how to dodge a question. Hmmm, another art I must learn from him.

Nanny came in with my glass of milk. In case you are wondering, she is my dad's mom. She had kind blue eyes and a terrific smile that I so adored. She read me bed time stories when my dad wasn't there to singing. Her kind eyes swept through the room to me and she smiled.

"Sleep tight sweetie. Have sweet dreams." She said, kissing my forehead. She handed me the glass.

"What is the greatness it talks about?" I asked, yawning.

"All in good time my love." He said, tucking me in properly and once again kissing my forehead.

He started singing. His deep voice filled the room like dark melted chocolate. This was the voice that lulled me to sleep every night. I love my dad, because he is my real live hero. Yeah, you heard me. We are best of friends. I am closer with him than my mom. I mean I love them the same and all but I admire my dad. I slowly drifted off to sleep. The sweetest sound gracing my ears one last time...