Chapter 69

Saltwater and sand rushed into my mouth and nose. This is horrendous.

I was completely soaked.

And it is when I realized the mistake in wearing this dress.

Black bikini under a white cotton dress. Hm, what could possibly go wrong?

I really should have thought this through.

This is the kind of stuff you need a mom or girlfriends for.

Or happy experiences like the beach.

Although this wasn't so happy for me.

I glared at the running backs of those girls. Yeah, they better run.

Jason has been annoying me so much lately, I was almost getting enough of it.

I was very close to murdering him.

But it was starting to confirm my suspicions that he is trying to push Blaze and me together.

As if trying to synchronize our happily ever after. Especially since Jem was starting to eye him intensely.

Or he just walked around with his chest all puffed out like usual, I can't tell.

Jem hasn't spared any glaring effort on the banshees though.

And they did try to approach Jason, a lot. At least before news of Blaze's availability.

I shouldn't have waited for Sam, I should have enacted the revenge myself, at least those two would have been together.

It was very clear Jason was trying to push me and Blaze together. 

Every guy within a certain distance turned to stare at the drama, of a chick getting soaked by other chicks. And said chick drowning by the weight of her own darn long hair. I really should chop this off.

Forget the bikini even my markings were becoming very clear under the wet cloth.

And that was sure to set off a certain someone.

I removed my hair and sand from places it should never be. This is also gonna be a nightmare to shampoo.

Why thank you again, Jason.

Control yourself, Zara, this isn't the ideal setting for someone's murder... unless you drowned them.

Imagining my hand over Jason's neck as I strangled him underwater was a sweet, sweet image.

No, control.

The wet cloth and my wet hair made it seem like I was heavy lifting my way of the water.

Many catcalls rang out. I glared at the boys who dared to. Such sexist pigs.

"Why are you so angry baby? Wanna come home with me and cool down?"

"How about I buy you a drink?"

And similar comments rung out.

I might as well remove the dress because it wasn't leaving much to the imagination.

Blaze barricaded through the crowd and the wolf whistles immediately died down.

He wasn't so useless after all.

But I also didn't like the idea of needing a man to protect me.

If anything he wouldn't be the first I turn to for this sort of help.

What interested me however was his glowing blue eyes. Xavier had come out to play.

Did it agitate him that much?