Chapter 78

I wasn't really able to sleep in this position. I was too aware of him.

But I knew that he was uncomfortable and that was satisfying.

He squirmed a lot.

He seemed to know that I wasn't able to sleep much either.

At least he didn't tease me about it. He didn't lick me too much either.

For once respecting my wishes.

I did, however, fall asleep sometime in the night.

It was after he left with the bats, probably to hunt something.

I could relax in his absence and soon I was in blissful oblivion.

The next day however I was licked awake by him. Or Xavier.

He had his tour hanging out with a playful and gentle expression on his face. Like an overgrown puppy.

He was ecstatic to be with Zian. I could feel it.

I was so happy I didn't have to deal with him.

Traitor.

Zian growled.

I smugly smiled at her.

By theme Xavier had expertly skinned the bunny he had caught, it was pretty well don't for a wolf. He must be experienced.

I have heard on a custom in the ancient packs where after the mates find each other they let the wolves connect too. And the wolves had their own way of doing things.

The male would go out and hunt to offer it to the female.

It was an intimate experience of sorts.

To know that he fed her and protected her and that she could depend on him.

I guess that's what David was doing right now as he placed a neatly skinned piece of rabbit in front of us.

And then went back to sitting on his hindquarters and looking at us with that puppy dog eyes and tongue-wagging out, waiting for my wolf to devour it.

My sassy wold however just sniffed it and turned her nose up in the air.

Xavier ears sagged with her actions.

She had nothing against free food.

I am guessing she wanted something of a more expensive taste.

She didn't have anything against bunnies but sh much-preferred deer.

She was in the mood for it.

Xavier followed with his tail between his legs as we slowly made our way to the entrance, careful not to alert the bats.

It seemed that she wanted to show Xavier her taste rather than hurt him. Zian didn't mind Xavier that much. Since he was devoted to her from the beginning.

My wolf was such a diva.

She wanted him to get it right next time.

So when we saw a deer in the thicket, we rushed after it. Xavier surprisingly split from us a few seconds into the run.

But it was only to cut in front of the chase a few minutes later.

I guess the night he was searching for me, he familiarised himself to the forest.

He must be tired though.

Especially since he didn't sleep yesterday either.

Xavier waited with his tail wagging for Zian to apple his clean kill. There was just a thin cut on the throat of the deer.

It would remain fresh for longer since it didn't bleed that much.

Zian assessed his killing before bending down to pick it up, dragging it to the open stream we saw earlier.

One without the reek.

Xavier followed curiously, interested to see what she did next.

As soon as we reached the banks, where it was more open, she went for the stream, quenching her thirst before heading back to a patient Xavier.

She continued his work then. Cutting it open cleanly before she proceeded to devour it.

It was only halfway through her meal that she realized that Xavier hadn't joined in. In fact, he looked happy enough to be just sitting there.

So she gave him a hoof.

I wanted to facepalm myself.

The sharing nature of my wolf.

Xavier, however, seemed elated.

Because he seemed to be treating it as a gold nugget dropped from heaven.

There wasn't even much to devour there.

I felt so bad for him.

After the meal, my wolf proceeded to do something she loves. Bathing in the sun.

She turned and laid down, belly side up and Xavier joined us.

I must admit, he was kinda cute.

If only the human attached to him wasn't such a jerk.

He nipped her playfully which she growled at.

Letting him know she didn't appreciate the behavior.

He whined but respected our wishes.

Again where Xavier was a gentleman where his man counterpart wouldn't be.

We launched around the rest of the day to the next morning and soon it was time for the journey back.

To be honest, the time spent with Xavier wasn't so bad. We enjoyed it.

In fact, I had never seen Zian so satisfied and calm. There was no resistance of any sort when she relinquished control to me.

It made me happy to know that, no matter how much she didn't want it, she could still be healed by her mate's presence.

It made my blood boil it was Blaze though.

The pack greeted us nervously when we returned.

I left Blaze standing there awkwardly, feeling his stare on the back of my neck as I walked to my hut, never once turning back.

I knew I wouldn't like his plans for me when we returned.

So I wanted to absorb as much of the peaceful environment as I could now.

Hi, lovelies,

So we have reached the end of the beach trip vacation.

I know these were fillers but it was essential you got to know the characters more.

We are not going back from vacation to more serious stuff.

I hope you enjoyed this phase and the drama that came with it, however.

Anyways, you know the drill- comment, vote and follow.

And I will see you on Thursday.

Cheers :)