Chapter 112

Zara POV

Who was the spy?

Who could it be? It had been someone from our intimate group of friends if they could get information out so quickly.

I watched as Sam approached a collapsed Blaze who was trying his best to keep his wolf in c control.

"What did you do?" He growled.

"How?" He grappled again.

"Anything is possible as long as you have the will for it," Sam said looking down at Blaze.

And then he took hold of Blaze and lifted him by the neck.

"You are just a pup. You don't deserve her." He said as Blaze struggled within his chokehold on him. Sam was so powerful. If Blaze was still in his right mind he could have fought back.

'Fight Back Blaze. I am here for your fight.' I yelled in my mind as if our bond was still active. I had taken t for granted. It had only been a few seconds but the loss of it was so profound.

How had I survived without this in the past? Before we got the bond? When we were children. I felt like I wouldn't function without him in my mind. It would be the same case even if I hated him. Even if I didn't die immediately after he was killed, I would die from heartbreak. Sam wouldn't be able to keep me. I would lose my purpose. The flower dies with its plant. And Blaze had grounded me through everything.

I finally understood how mates lost their minds.

Blaze was still too young. He was barely out of his teens. While Sam was thousands of years old.

Suddenly Sam was tackled to the ground and I sighed in relief as my father stood tall above him

"Ahh Dex my old friend. Long time no see." Sam said smiling at my father.

He looked at me to make sure I was fine and I nodded. Behind me, I felt Raven's presence too. She had been here this whole time, just behind the guards, ready to pounce at the first sign of trouble. How had I not noticed her?

She nodded at my dad too and exchanged a silent message. My father must have contacted her and that must be why's he was coming to me.

Before Dex could do anything else, however, my mom's scream echoed through, freezing him in place. We looked to see her being lifted off the ground by Sean. No Sean. Oh god no.

I was frustrated at my helplessness. I was so useless. Without my wolf, I could hardly fight.

My dad immediately left Blaze's side she still lay there crumpled. Blaze was a king yet he was no match for Sam.

The crowds once again calmed down watching the struggling luna.

"Do you know that it wasn't just Zara that betrayed you and chose me over you?" He said.

And I could feel dread fill me again, bracing me for the impact of the next hurtful words. No, he was going to hurt Blaze worse than ever.

"I had a spy here who did everything for me." He said.

"My darling sister." He said as Jem stepped forward from behind him.

Everyone was shocked.

Jem never shifted! Of course!

They were both pale and blonde. Now that they stood together, I could see the strong resemblance.

Sam had even managed to ruin my mate's life.

"Did you know that I sent her to you? To spy on you and get close to you? And then she proved doubly useful when you proved to be mated to my Zara here. I had to separate you both and you fell for it hook line and sinker." Sam said laughing.

My poor Blaze. He was breaking I could feel it. I remembered all the times that I felt like I was being watched. Jem was there all those times. Where I could see her or where I couldn't.

"Every time she gave you advice and helped you was because I asked her to. So we could spy on you." He said bending down.

The angry crowd mow redirected their insults to Jem, begin her Jason looked like he had seen a ghost. The pain in his expression was obvious.

Before we knew what was helping Jem was tackled to the ground by Stacey and the chaos commenced again.

The fights were irregular. My dad had finally freed my mom to my relief and he was tackling Sean.

"Whatchu up to?" I heard a curious voice from above and met with Scott's family eyes.

I didn't know how to treat him anymore.

"Hacking the WLAN," I said wearily.

"Is it too difficult, you are sweating?" He said rubbing his hands to my face, looking concerned.

"No, I -" I wanted to tell him about the broken mate bond but Scott was suddenly tackled by Blaze, who had bulldozed in fairly effortlessly through the guards. I stayed behind him stunned. Xavier had finally gone berserk. From the side, I saw Sam turning to him casually. And Blaze turned to face him.

"Ah, finally a good fight. Thank you for making this interesting" Sam nearly sang.

And then they met in a frenzy of claws and nails and teeth. I could hardly follow their movements.

Jason still looked stunned but I needed him for the next part of my plan. I finally caught his eye. His disgust for me had increased when I had confessed that I thought about recruiting him to my side as well. He looked in horror at the sins 'my side' committed.

"You are our luna and yet you harmed our pack." Someone told me and I looked at the side to see the same girl as before.

She was kicked out before she could speak more though and Raven emerged from behind her.

"How annoying" she muttered.

Behind her, I could see Drake, Jake, Hails, and Amelia all semi-shifted trying to keep the vulnerable pack members safe. The elderly and children were gathered into groups as we had planned. They were fighting so valiantly. And I might lose them forever. To their deaths or because they couldn't forgive my actions.

The gang glared at Raven as she was by my side. She stuck to her words and supported me despite everything. I knew our bind was the strongest. How ironic. I remembered the time I wanted to torture Drake to get to her. How times have changed! I felt so grateful for her now.

She took my hands in hers and inspected me. The pain of a broken bond was still intense but I smiled reassuringly.

I could see a few wolves trying to escape, but there was an electric perimeter around the building that Lex activated. That's why no one could escape the contaminated air and no one could shift.

Ok time to hack back into my own creation. This would be unlike anything else. I don't care what Sam thought. I didn't care for pretenses anymore. My pack members needed me now and I needed to help them. Enough was enough.

I closed my eyes connecting with Lex.