Chapter 73

The loud noise was so irritating.

I was sitting at a beach bonfire right now.

Could this be more cliche?

Jason and Jake were singing at the top of their lungs while the rest of them laughed at how tone-deaf they were.

Guess Jake didn't take it as hard as I thought he did, or he is that good at hiding it.

Jake didn't seem like the hiding type though. Guess he is one of those 'go with the flow kinda' people.

Blaze who was not surprisingly right next to me was glaring at Jake the whole time.

I saw Jake gulp many times.

Maybe that's his incentive to get over it.

Ugh, male wolves.

I rolled my eyes.

We were all in a circle and I was one of the last who had sat down. Purposely avoiding my mate who was on the opposite side.

I had sat next to Stacey but when Blaze nodded Stacey and Drake automatically moved to the other side of the circle.

Spineless idiots.

The banshees still glared at me though. The one reprieve I got from their high pitched squeals.

I wonder if they would squeal so high when I slit their throats.

Ah, the first genuine kill thought I had in days.

At least we all know no matter how good I get, the banshees are never safe.

My cousin especially didn't look pleased with Blaze's attention on me.

The last thing I want is enemies thanks to my mate.

I tried scooting away but he shamelessly followed suit jamming me between Raven and himself, our thighs almost touching. Almost.

He knew how much his behavior was irritating me. He should have. I was barely containing it.

If someone was looking from outside they find all the drama happening thanks to one single couple amusing. All the re-seating and scooting.

My mate shamelessly smirked at me. As if to say 'You can't get away from me.'

All of this just proved my point. I needed to get away. Fast.

I could milk out a few hours before everyone went AWOL. Especially Blaze.

Thankfully, there was a forest that bordered the beach to one side.

As it is to be expected where there are wolves.

I needed to take Zarine out for a run and get a whiff of fresh, wolf-free air.

I had to stand two more days of this after all.

The whole time I could feel Blaze's attention on me.

It seemed like he would know if my heartbeat spiked just a little bit.

He was suffocating me in every way possible.

It felt like it had been days since I last got rid of him.

I hate him.

So damn much.

I almost squirmed on my seat, but Raven's reassuring gaze helped a lot. She is so loyal.

She glared at Blaze as well.