Chapter 43

The sight I saw in front of me was terrifying. It bought the old memories back. The helpless, hopeless feelings I had then, came back.

I held onto the door handle a while longer to get my bearings. Before me, my aunt stood, with Zarine kneeling in front of her the against the wall.

Within a blurry of movements which I couldn't fully comprehend, my aunt was laying in front of me with me on top. She screamed as my nails dug into her neck painfully.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?" I shouted.

The smirk I hated so much. That scared me and made shivers done to run down my spine once, it was back.

I choked her. I could feel myself losing control to Zian.

I could also feel hands pulling at me. Jason? Stacey? Amelia?

I couldn't tell. I was so engrossed in choking the life out of her.

Suddenly I felt myself being thrown onto the wall.

Zarine who I could control until now come out to play.

Oh good lord no.

I watched from a window, unable to control myself as Hails stood opposite us.

He dared to touch us.

She growled. He didn't seem too worried. He should be.

My wolf, unlike me, had a way of looking unusually calm before a fight. Lord have mercy on the ones she goes against.

I never voluntarily give control to her. She is too cunning, too thirsty... too dark.

Once, She even went against Sam.

No, I don't want to give her ideas right now.

She is blood-thirsty and that scares me. Nothing in this world terrifies me more than my wolf. And in moments like these when I let go, when I am no longer able to hold her back, I feel so tired and relieved. Holding her back takes a lot of strength, physically and mentally.

With all the struggle, it is hard to imagine she is a part of me.

I could hear her thoughts.

How dare they?

She asks me.

How dare they form a bond with us, swear to be with us and help this witch in a second's notice?

She shouts.

And while I do understand that they might be protecting my aunt for my benefit more than hers, there is no way I could effectively convey that to my wolf in this heated moment.

Jason, Stacey, and Raven seem to be tending to my coughing aunt, while Hails, Drake and Jake stand against me.

Amelia pushes through them.

"Zara, I know she hurt you but we are doing this for the best ok? She will get the punishment she deserves. I give you my word as a luna." She says.

I can feel my wolf smirking. Well, well, she got herself an alpha mate and she thinks she is better than us?

I see Hails trying to stop her as she comes closer.

She kneels in front of me. I don't know whether she is foolish or brave to sit in front of my wolf like this.

Her eyes make me want to stop. It reminds me of the time I cried to her. Yet for my wolf, it is a different story.

She knocks down Amelia and goes for Hail's throat.