Chapter 83

Zara POV

I could already feel the sweat at the back of my neck from the strain it took not to kill Blaze.

All day he has been following me around to classes and whatnot. I could hardly breathe. After the episode today morning, it was obvious that he was laying a claim on me.

And I had gone through all that trouble to keep the news last week from going viral.

Blaze had the audacity to follow me around the entire day with no shame whatsoever. He even glared at Mr. Hawk from the IT class just because he was giving me some special attention as usual.

In the hallways, people avoided us like the plague. Mainly because Blaze glared at any guy who would look at me and the all the girls, in turn, glared at me.

Jem never got such treatment.

He even tried to grab my hand from me a couple of times. Like I was some kind of delicate flower and we were a couple in love.

He had done that for Jem a lot in the past I had noticed. And what I would have given in those days for him to treat me the way he does now. How jealous I had gotten when they used to steal glances at each other win class.

Now my emotions swung between discomfort and annoyance at best and murderous rage at worst.

What surprised me however was how unattracted I felt towards him. Even Sam had warned me that a couple of weeks maybe all it took for all those butterflies to come back again.

But it hasn't happened yet. Not once.

Sure he was physically built like a Greek god. Every girl here wanted him.

But I never felt it. And I am supposed to be his mate.

I liked to think it was because of my own self-control. Or that I had done too good a job closing off the mate bond. But I know it went deeper than that.

Zian. My wolf.

Something was seriously wrong with her. With us.

I had tried my best to not talk or look at my mate the entire day even though he had followed me around like a puppy.

The only reprieve I thought I would get was when I got in the van with the rest of the gang on the ride back home.

But Blaze decided his fancy sports car wasn't worth showing around school anymore and squeezed in with us. He and I got stuck in the backseat, his thighs sticking close to mine.

I did not enjoy it one bit.

I could tell everyone else was trying their best not to laugh or acknowledge the giant elephant in the room. Or in the case the giant alpha king in the van.

I could however get updated on Jason and Jem's situation, where Jem was coming on too strong for Jason and he couldn't yet handle it. As if he were in shock everything was going according to his very plan. Why was he that surprised? Chances of failure were high but still.

He avoided my gaze ever since the flight that day.

Amelia and Stacey were bursting at the seams thanks to their gossip energy by the time we reached.

I shuffled out and made it to my door finally but before I cooked close the door, he jammed a foot in.

"Get ready in an hour." He announced.

I didn't even bother asking him what it was for.

"And wear something fancy." He said winking before sauntering away.