Chapter 39

I turn off my laptop as Alex comes home. I go downstairs and greet him with a kiss. "How was it at work today?", he asks because I finally found a job. "It was great. I just don't think it's gonna help me in any kind of way." "You wanted a job, now you got it." "I know." "You didn't want me to get you a crew job so..." "Hey, you can't just throw someone out! You said it on STD, you don't switch out crew members." "You'll have to quit your job eventually because you're coming on tour with us." "I know. But I really needed that since I'm not going to college." "I still can't believe you don't wanna go to college anymore." "You know that I haven't decided that yet." "I mean, of course it would suck because you wouldn't be around that much anymore." "Exactly." "But you can't plan your life by mine." "I know." I play with the sleeve of my A.W.G.-sweater. Alex smiles as he sees me being so confused. "Come on, don't think about it, you still have a lot of time to figure it out." "I know", I respond biting my lip. "We got so much done today. And Matt finally organized the whole tour. You wanna know the route?" "Yes, please", I say and smile because I'm happy that he wants to distract me. He takes my hand and pulls me onto the couch with him. I lie my head on his shoulder and he puts his arm around me. Then he takes the laptop on his lap and turns it on. "Matt sent me the route and who we'll be playing with, it's so exciting." "Really?" "Yeah, you'll see. I can't wait to go there with you." I smile. "I can't wait either." He opens the mail programme and looks at the latest mail he got from Matt. It's a map with a lot of information around it. "Okay, look. We start here, we'll be playing down in Hawaii with Pierce The Veil, I know it's a weird combination but we both get the same playing time, without an opener." "That's pretty cool though." "I know, right? And then we go to Australia again, touring with The Maine. And then we're gonna do a tour through Europe again, you know more in the south, it's gonna be so cool!" "I think so too!" "I have to get up early in the morning for a show, you'll watch us?" "Of course. You say something about me every single time." "I get asked every single time." "It's so cute what you always say though." He smiles and pushes me down backwards on the sofa, kissing me underneath him. He softly strokes my hair and smiles. "I can't wait to be on tour with you again." "It's gonna be amazing", I say with a laugh and pull him closer to me.

___

"And that's the backlounge, it's like two times bigger than last time and we also have a huge frontlounge. More bunks too, so that means you and Alex can get one each", Jack explains showing me around the massive new tour bus. "That's cool but what if I want to sleep in a bunk with Alex?", I say with a smirk. "No way!", Jack shouts laughing but I know he's actually serious. I laugh too. "Sorry for last time, just get a bunk away from ours." "Then you're gonna annoy someone else." "We're not annoying." "No, you're right. You're both super cute together." He laughs ironically. "I'm sorry." I wonder if Jack wants a girlfriend or if he's happy just joking around and being single. Asking him would be so rude and he'd probably hate me for the rest of my life which would not be that good since I'm touring with them and would see him like every day. "It's okay", he says with a grin. I smile. Alex gets into the bus. "It's sick, right?" His face is so happy and he seems like a little boy that saw a cool playground for the first time. "You're right, it's awesome. And huge." "That's what she said", Jack whispers next to me. Alex and I both laugh, those jokes have kind of become our thing and Jack makes them all the time. I can't help but laugh at every single one because he always pulls this adorable dork face then. "He wants us to sleep in seperate bunks", I tell Alex pointing to Jack. Alex laughs. "Seriously, dude? Like we'd do that..." "Please, I couldn't sleep last time." "We'll think about it", I say. Jack leaves as he doesn't really believe us. "I hope you're kidding?", Alex asks. "If he's that annoyed." "We'll see."

The show is on and they're just talking about the new album I know everything about already. I'm so proud of them. "So it kind of became a little tradition to ask about Alex' girlfriend, so ... how is she?" "She's great", Alex says and his face automatically brightens up as he talks about me. "Is she watching?", the interviewer bitch asks, she obviously has a huge crush on Alex. It's always the slutty girls who have a crush on a guy in a band when they interview them. "I hope so, I told her about it yesterday." "So ... everyone's kind of talking about how she moved in with you because you tweeted about it, how's that going?" "It's pretty awesome, she was upset because we didn't have time for eachother and I missed her so much so it was really spontanious but I just asked her to move in with me." "So you are actually really being serious about her lately." "I think I am." "And you're still getting so busy because of interviews, how is the schedule for today?" "We got up early and then we'll have band practice later and also an interview about tattoos even though we don't have that many." "So you have so much to do? Do you ever feel like the fame might get to you?" Alex is sick of answering all the questions so he hands the mic over to Zack. "I don't ever let it get to me, I think because ... it's mostly because of my girlfriend I guess ... she kind of keeps me grounded and that's the same with Alex and Sarah I guess." He hates to talk obviously so he just gives the mic back to Alex. "Yeah, exactly. It definitely is, I mean Sarah is not some girl who just wants fame. We're serious and I think we're becoming more serious every day. She's real and that's what keeps me down to earth, I guess. And I am very happy about that even though she might not realise it that much."

Alex is gonna be home soon and I'm just watching the tattoo interview because he was talking about it earlier in the morning interview. He explains his tattoos like he did to me before when I asked him about it and I'm happy that the explaination I got was a little more detailed and caring. He looks so sweet during the whole interview. "So what are your future plans?", the interviewer wants to know. "What do you want to get done next?" "I'd like to get my girlfriend's name." My heart stops. No. No. No. "Really? That's cool, where'd you get it?" "Above my waist I think. In like a cursive font or something." I can't believe it. He doesn't really wanna do that, right? I hear the door and I'm still starstruck as the interview ends. I feel Alex hugging me from behind as he joins me sitting on the bed. He looks at the laptop screen. "What are you watching? Oh..." "You were serious?", I ask and turn around. He blinks and locks my eyes. "I was." "No." "What do you mean?" "No, you're not getting my name. Alex, just no." "It's my decision, you can't keep me from it." "But..." "Please ... you changed my life, I want to get a tattoo of your name." "No, Alex, don't do that." "Why not?" "You'll regret it." "Why? I love you." "Please." "Trust me, I've been thinking about that for a while. I'm going with Zack, he's gonna get his girlfriend's name too." "You guys are crazy." "What?" "You really are." "I'm sure, seriously." "Never, Alex. Get something else done, not my name." "But I want your name. I want you, only you." He kisses me. My heart beats faster in my chest. I can't argue with him anymore.

I'm pretty sure the tour bus grew. It grew a lot, it grew over night. What is this? It wasn't that big before. I see Zack in the corner, saying Goodbye to his girlfriend. I feel so sorry for her because she can't come on tour. She's still in high school. "Come on!", Alex shouts as he looks around the door. I smile and walk towards him. "Hi, baby", he says with a smirk as I get one the bus and he kisses me. He takes my hand and pulls me into the frontlounge with him. "Wow, that bus is so cool!", I say. "I know. I'm so happy you're coming with us again", he says as we both sit on the couch together. "You'll meet all those cool bands, you know. We're also playing with Blink." "Wow, you're supporting them?" "No, they're supporting us, you know!", he says with a sarcastic tone and laughs. I laugh too. "Your laugh is so cute", Alex says. "No, it's horrible." "It's adorable, I love you", he says and kisses me so I can't say otherwise.

At first stop the boys don't have a show the first night so we all go and have dinner. I don't even think it's annoying being the only girl around anymore. The guys are so nice because they understand it would be fucking awful for me if they all made fun of me and irritated me the whole time. I feel sorry for Zack and his girlfriend though. He's talking to her on the phone all the time and I know that her parents don't like the fact they're even dating. I really want to help but of course there's nothing I can do.

Jack makes me and Alex sleep in different bunks but a minute after everyone went to sleep I hear the curtains of my bunk being pulled aside and I open my eyes. I see Alex smile at me with that mischief face. "Come on, baby. Make some room", he says climbing next to me into my bunk. He puts his arm around me. I smile too and lie my head down on his chest, enjoying his stunning smell. He kisses my forehead. "I couldn't sleep without you", he says with a cute smirk. "I couldn't sleep either", I say. He laughs quietly and kisses my neck softly. "You want me to sing you to sleep?", he asks. "What are you singing?", I ask. "Do you know that song by Good Charlotte? That Joel Madden wrote for his daughter? You can also look at it as a lullaby." "Can't dream without you?" "Yeah." "It's beautiful, right?" I look at him with tired eyes. "When you close your eyes and fall asleep tonight...", he starts to sing with his angel voice and I can't help but sigh. I close my eyes and he plays with my hair. When he pauses he kisses my hair and then goes on singing.