Chapter 31

I look around. It's fucking warm outside so I take off my jacket. "Wait right here", Jack says and makes me stay behind the bus. I wonder where Alex and the others are. "Why?" "I'll get him out of the bus." "Okay." I just wait. After a few seconds I hear him come back, talking to Alex. "You're pissed off, I know but just come on", Jack says. "Why?" Alex sounds really pissed actually. "Just trust me." "No, dude. As you said, I'm pissed." "Because of Sarah." "Yeah, no shit because of her." "Dude." "Find a girlfriend and then leave for tour, you dick. Then you'll get it, leave me alone." "I understand what you are going through right now but would you just come outside with me here, please?" "No." I hear them fight a little and laugh because Alex is being so mean to Jack just because he misses me. Jack pulls Alex around behind the bus and points at me. "Surprise, Alex." Alex wipes his eyes and stares at me. He's shocked, he can't believe it. Then he looks at Jack. "Did you bring her here?" Jack nods. "Love you, man, thanks!" Then he runs up to me, picks me up from the ground and spins me around with him. "I can't believe it!", he shouts and kisses me passionately. He smiles at me and kisses my face, my neck, my arms and finally my lips again. "I'll never let you go away from me again!", I say. "I won't ever leave you behind again!", he says. Then he lets me down to the ground and takes my hand. "We don't have room for you though so you have to sleep in Alex' bunk", Jack says as he closes the door behind me after Alex and I got on the bus. "I don't fucking care", I say. Jack laughs. "I would've made you sleep in my bunk anyway", Alex says with a smirk on his lips. He introduces me to the bus driver, I greet Rian and Zack and then I meet the whole crew. I know every face from Straight To DVD already but now I finally meet them all in person. Jack hands me my stuff. "You'll have to live out of the suitcase, no room for unpacking." "That's alright." Alex wraps his arms around me from the side and kisses me. "I love you", he whispers into my ear and pulls me to the couch near the bunks. I pull him closer and he kisses me again. "You can watch every show backstage now and you'll be there when I come off stage and I'll not let you go", Alex plans with his lips on mine. "Whatever you say", I reply and he smiles again.

I watch them while soundcheck and before they go up on stage I meet We The Kings because they're opening for them. Travis is actually so lovely the whole time and while All Time Low have soundcheck I talk to him the whole time. Alex tells everyone that I'm his girlfriend right away though.

After We The Kings played and leave the stage under applause, Alex and the guys finally go on stage and I hear him talk to the crowd. Then they open with A Daydream Away. I see Matt sitting down next to me. "You have no idea how annoying Alex was yesterday", he says. "I can imagine if it comes close to my behaving yesterday. I was pretty down too." He laughs. "He's so happy that you're here right now though." "I couldn't be happier either", I reply.

Later as I lie in the bunk with Alex and he's holding me tightly in his arms, I tell him about Joel and how he remembered everything. Alex is so tense as I explain everything to him. He holds me a little closer as I'm finished. "It's good that your friend wants to help the police find this guy now. Horrible what he did. I hope they get him." "I hope that too", I say and shiver. "Don't be scared, beautiful", he whispers comforting and kisses my cheek.