Chapter 35

Being on tour with Alex all this time made me overthink everything and I realised that it can actually work. He has been the sweetest to me and always made sure it's not that tough for me to live in the bus as the only girl. It was still annoying sometimes though when they cracked jokes all the time.

After the finish of the UK tour, we arrive in Italy. They're opening Simple Plan now. Alex told me he can't wait to open for them and I also enjoy them live because their shows are so great. While I listen to them backstage, Alex joins me and wraps his arms around me from the side, kissing my cheek. "On Twitter I promised the fans to do a little twitcam tonight", he says. "So?" "I want you to be in it with me." "What?" "You're still getting hate on Twitter and I can't stop it by just telling them to stop posting that shit. That's why I want you to come on camera with me so I can talk about it a little." "You're still thinking about that? I don't care, Alex. You told me not to." "I know but I can't stand that my own fans and fans of the band are seriously fucking around with you because you're my girlfriend." "Don't worry about it, really." "I am worrying about it. A lot. Please do that for me, come on camera with me." "Alex, please. Have you thought about that?" "Yeah, I have." "Not like last time?" "I'm sure. Everyone already knows who you are after that one interview." "But..." "Please." "Okay." "The party's on Simple Plan's bus tonight, so we can take the laptop in our bus and stuff." "Alex?" "Yeah?" "Don't you wanna party with the others?" "I don't know. I don't think so. I mean, last time we partied every single night. I was kind of getting sick of it a little." "Are you sure? You don't know these guys really well, you might wanna go to their bus tonight too." "Why don't you party with them?" "I did with You Me At Six a lot." "You're right. Well, I don't know. I need to give the fans who can't come out something. And that's why I want to do a little live talk on camera." "If they're sad they can't come out and see you then I'm probably the last person they want to see on camera with you." "Most of the fans like you." "You have no idea." "I have. I get mentions on Twitter all the time that people are happy for us." "But they're not." "What do you mean?" "Alex, I've been a really big fangirl over you guys and other bands for such a long time and they're saying that so you don't hate them because they secretly love you and hope with a little tiny piece of their heart that they could be in my position someday. Even though they know it's almost impossible. And that's what they all have in common on that note. That's one of the reasons fanbases stick together. They feel the same pain. And now ... one of them, me, has actually gotten to you and took a chance, they feel betrayed. Of course they do, I mean, how else would they feel? I'm even getting hate from people I used to be friends with on Twitter. They tell me I was fake and stuff. Some are happy for me but most of them feel like I betrayed them or something. I am just saying, they can fake really good. All fangirls can." Alex has been staring at me this whole time I've been talking. "I don't want my fans to be like that", he says. "You have no choice, you can't change them in that way. It feels weird talking to them, defending myself even though we used to fangirl over you together. I mean, I was the girl with the hustler hashtag in her bio, I used to post pictures of you that I took at shows. I was the one they told when they got to find out something exciting about the band. And now I actually met you and I'm with you. They hate me for that." Alex shakes his head, he can't believe it. "What a kind of fanbase did we create there?" "You didn't do anything. And they're not all like that. Just some fangirls are." "That's even worse than beliebers." I laugh. "No fanbase is." He laughs too. "I want to change that. I want them to feel like they're all special to me. And I want them to see that you're not someone who betrayed the hustler family. Okay?" I look at him with that shy look on my face. "Please", he begs and starts kissing my neck. I laugh as it tickles. "Alright, alright", I give up. "Thank you", he says and kisses me.

After the show everyone goes to the Simple Plan bus to celebrate the first show of the tour and Alex takes my hand instead, going on into the ATL bus. He tweets about how he's gonna do a little twitcam so I actually start to get excited. I look at my phone. He's serious because now he even admits everything over Twitter, he links my account a lot and I realise that I'm not only getting hate mails but I also gained so many followers. I remember when that was something I used to care about a lot. But now I'm just afraid and wonder if they're actually interested in me and my tweets or if they just want to stalk. Maybe they hope I'm posting something about Alex. But I don't. I post where we arrive and sometimes I tweet pictures if I get a photo with someone of another band. I don't care what the others think anymore. Alex gets me to sit next to him in the backlounge and turns on the laptop. "Wait, let me get drinks", I say and stand up again. "But I'm starting..." "I'll be right back." I walk out to the front lounge of the bus and get two beers from the fridge. As I go back he's rolling already, I hear him talk. "Hey, guys ... I will do an hour of answering questions and stuff now so tweet my announcement around so all the other hustlers won't miss it. Wow, so many viewers already, I feel special. Let's see what everyone's chatting about. Oh, you want to see her because I tweeted she'll do the live thing with me? Yeah, one sec, aw, there she is." I'm nervous but Alex just pulls me on his lap and smiles into the camera. I wave shyly. I used to do livestreams a lot but I only had a few viewers. I look to the screen and see Alex' viewers number rising. Wow, there are so many. And it's becoming more because they're passing the link around. "Guys, first off let me say I'm gonna be throwing everyone out who starts to have, I have no intention to make this a hatestream. Okay?" I see a few viewers leave but automatically over one hundred people more get on. I start to feel uncomfortable. They're all just there to see Alex. And not me. "So please, stop giving her hate on Twitter, alright? It's not cool and she didn't do anything to you. She can't do anything about the fact that I love her." My heart melts inside and he kisses my cheek. I see the comments under the video.

They're so cute.

No. Alex is so cute. They all mean Alex but just don't say it.

Aw, Alex is so in love. Guys, be happy for him.

I'm happy that not every fan is hating. "Yes, thank you! Everyone who's just agreeing with me on stopping the hate! Please, it doesn't get you anywhere. I will actually not like you if you hate her. But seriously, every single one of you fans out there, if you see us play or not, if you get our albums or not, I love you all for just appreciating our stuff. I mean, we love to do all we do and it's great that you like it. And I want to keep in touch with fans even more often because I feel like we do not give you guys enough back for what you all do. We can't believe all that support we've gotten over the years so I also want to take this opportunity to thank you all for being amazing, I love every single one of you. Except for when you hate on my beautiful girlfriend, then I won't even like you. So ask ahead, I'll be answering a lot of questions tonight." To my surpirise people start asking stuff about me.

How did you guys meet?

"I saw her at a couple of shows and just wanted to ask her out after I saw her singing along in the crowd. But I never managed to do it because I was such a coward. And at one concert, I showed Jack who she was and who I was talking about the whole time so he made me go up to her and I asked her out. I think she was pretty startstruck, right?" "You have no idea", I say. "Come on, you gotta talk too. They don't bite!" I laugh. The next question even goes out directly to me and Alex reads it out loud.

Sarah, where did he take you for the first date?

I smile. "He had the most romantic thing planned. We drove out to this little place far away from everything and there was this shack he just parked in front of. And then I heard like an old movie projector behind us and that screened a movie to the wall. And he got popcorn and coke like in the cinema and it was so sweet and I was trying not to fangirl the whole time." Comments freak. Everyone says it's so cute and that I'm so lucky. But no one is hating.