Chapter 6

I sit in front of my TV, waiting for the interview. The presenter finally announces All Time Low and then they play The Reckless And The Brave. I get so excited because after all, I'm still just a fan. They are greeted by applause as they sit with the interviewer girl. Alex looks amazing. Actually, they all do but Alex is just beyond perfect. I wish he'd just finish the interview quickly and pick me up. I feel how I start to miss him when he's not around. The interviewer is really pretty and I automatically get jealous but after a few minutes I realise that she obviously fancies Jack, not Alex. I relax and lean back on my bed. "Thanks for being here, guys. So you just finished touring? How did it go?" "It was awesome. Crowds were amazing and I've never seen more supportive fans. I came out to merch a couple of times and signed so much, took so many pictures with fans, it was awesome", Jack starts to recall. "Yeah and it was crazy, I think almost every show was sold out. We were pretty stoked when we heard that", Rian adds. "So are you happy to be off the road right now though? After all the stress of touring?" "Definitely. You need a break every once in a while and we're currently writing the new album so that's a lot easier when you're home", Alex says. "So we have a few fan questions from Twitter, first one says: Do you plan on making another DVD, I guess like STD Part 2?" "Not right now but we definitely considered it often and I think we will do it, just not that soon", Alex answers. Zack says nothing at all, like in most interviews. "Next fan wanted to know ... who in the band is single and who is taken?" I remember another interview from a few months ago where Alex said that he was spoken for and I got jealous because I was a big fangirl. Now I have the chance to find out about what he thinks our relationship is. I never thought about that he could be asked in an interview again. I wait and make no noise. I stare at the screen and see how she first hands the microphone to Zack. "I'm taken, sorry", he says shyly. "I'm single, ladies", Rian says and grins in the camera. He is too cute. They should hurry though, I want to hear Alex' answer. "I'm singe too", Jack says and gives the mic over to Alex. He puts the microphone to his lips. "Sorry too, girls. I think I'm falling for someone too." My heart beats faster. A shiver crawls down my spine and I can't stop shaking. That warm feeling I get when I'm around Alex is there but it's twice as crazy and I actually can't believe it. I stare at his face on the screen as he smiles while playing with the mic in his hands. Did he really just say that? And he knows I'm watching so he wants me to know it. Maybe he was to shy to ask too. I breathe in deeply. That's just so much more than I ever imagined. Did he seriously say that? I found out that he liked me yesterday already. But falling for me? How did I do that? Make Alex fall for me? That's crazy. The interviewer asks them about new stuff but Alex told me all that yesterday when he brought me home. He actually promised me that I'll hear one of those songs first when they're ready. The interview goes on but I'm not interested in anything of it anymore. I feel like I'm up in the clouds with my mind. And I'm so happy that I'm not a crazy obsessive fangirl anymore that needs to know every single detail about the band and their next move. And it feels great.

Even though I'm so happy and feeling that fast heartbeat inside of my chest because I know I'm about to see Alex, I'm now even more nervous and shy than before. What Alex said, it's still ringing in my ears. We have to talk about it, now he knows I heard what he said on TV. I think about how many fangirls feel bad right know because I know the feeling. But at the same time I am the happiest person in the world. I can't believe it. I open the door and Alex smiles right away. He takes my hand and wants to get me out of the house but I stand still and hold his hand too. "What's wrong?", he asks with a confused look on his face. "Did you see the interview?" I nod. I take a deep breath again. Deep breaths seem to be my best friends lately. "Alex...", I start but don't know how to put my thoughts into words. "Did it scare you what I said on TV?", he asks and his face turns pale. "No! No ... it's just ... I did not know you feel that way." "You ... don't feel that way?", he asks carefully. I look into his eyes. "What? No! I mean, yes ... I ... actually I do." I breath in deeply again. Now it's out. No hiding of feelings anymore. I look at him and wait for his reaction. His face brightens up. He makes a move towards me. "Wow", he whispers and gently pushes me to the wall behind me. With his foot he closes the door next to him, I'm happy that no one's home. Because Alex kisses me with so much passion right now and I just can't get enough of thing feeling, his lips on mine. One hand he lies on my hip, the other is under my chin, pulling my face closer to his. That is the first time he actually kisses me harder but it's still tender though. How does he do that?, I ask myself. He bites my bottom lip and I pull him closer as he's pressing me to the wall.

I don't know how long that kiss went on but as we both sit in the car later, I see him smiling still from the corner of my eye and I can't help but smile myself.