Chapter 14 - Alex' POV

Looking at her going into that room, I already think it again. She obviously doesn't have time for me in her life. But it's not her fault, she has been through so much. And I really think it's fascinating that she's still so strong but it's so much going on in her life, what would she want with me? Those thoughts have been bothering me for quite a while now. And now she'll not even have time for me because she's gonna help her friend. But I'm so happy that she won't be that down anymore all the time. She'll forget about her past when she spends time with her friend again. I know she was scared the whole time but no it's all gonna be better for her. Just not for me, she'll not have time for me anymore. But I don't want to stop seeing her, she's so amazing. I can't just stop seeing her. It would be impossible for me. I got attached to her so quickly. I just don't know what she thinks. I should've asked her about our relationship again. But when I realised she had no idea either I just played cool and said that it didn't matter. Well, for me it matters. It's killing me to not know what she's thinking about all that. She's such a mystery to me. Before she told me about her past, I didn't think anything bad ever happened to her. She was being so funny and cute the whole time, how could she fake all that when she was feeling so horrible inside? And I regret rushing her before, I was rushing it all when I wanted to sleep with her. Why did I do that? I should've thought about it and see that she wasn't ready obviously because she was raped. And she doesn't even know me that well. But maybe it's gonna be different from now on. Maybe it'll just be easier. Because from now on, there are no more secrets. That's obviously all she hid from me and I don't have any more secrets either. Maybe it's all gonna be easier. I can only hope for that because losing her would kill me. I finally find the cafeteria of the hospital and get two coffees. I need one too, I'm so tired. I didn't really sleep last night because we were talking about all the tour dates and now it's also in the middle of the night. But I won't leave Sarah hanging here, I won't leave until she's gonna go home. I finish the coffee fast as I'm back at the door. I'm so happy for her, I'm so happy that she's happy. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have to go through something like that. It's so impressive that she stayed strong after all that shit. I lean back in the chair and look around. I normally hate hospitals, they're depressing. But for her I will sit here as long as it's necessary.

After a while she comes out and looks at me. "How is he?", I ask. "He's okay. I told him everything. The doctor told me he might get his memory back. But it's really too much for Joel right now. He's sleeping now, I'll come back tomorrow. He'll have to deal with all those confusing things now, I feel so sorry for him but I will help him as much as possible." I smile. "You're a good friend." She smiles too. "Could you drive me home?", she asks. She looks exhausted. "Of course", I say and lie my arm around her. We go downstairs and she looks to the ground the whole time. "Do you want your hoodie back?", she asks as we're sitting in my car. "No, you can keep it", I say. She looks so cute in it. "Thanks", she says with a thankful smile. Her smile makes my heart beat faster. I drive her home and walk her to the door. I'm freezing too now with just my t-shirt but it's better than if she would be cold. "Goodnight, sweetie", I say and look down on her. I see her blush. Just because I said that? "Thank you so much for everything. I don't take this for granted." "You should, I'm here for you." "Thanks!", she says and gets on her tiptoes. She takes my face in her hands and kisses me. I lie my arms around her and pull her closer. "Do you have time tomorrow?", she asks. "Tomorrow night. Dinner?", I suggest. She nods. "Alright." "I can't wait", I say and let go of her, walking back to my car. "See you", she says and turns around. I sit in my car and watch her go into the house until I drive away.