Chapter 10

Because Kristen and Greta also know about Alex now, they're just as curious as Anna is when Alex texts me. And right now they're all around me again and look at the new message.

I'll cheer you up tonight, the band and I are going to the club, some of the crew are coming too. You in? x

"That's so cute! He wants to distract you from all that shit", Kristen says and pads my arm. "I don't know if I should go." "Why not?" "No idea..." "You should", Anna says. "Any of you wanna come to? Please, I won't be able to be confident around all of them." But it's obvious that they all either don't have time or just don't wanna go. I text Alex back that I'm going though. I will take every chance to hang out with him, no matter what. He cheers me up every time I see him.

Just sitting in the car with Alex and Jack, they're already having a few drinks so I just join them on that to not be behind and the only one who's completely sober. As we walk into the club, Alex lies his arm around my shoulder and kisses my neck from the side. I just decide to forget about everything tonight. Alex meets a few people inside and excuses himself but I just tell him to go ahead because I can handle sitting alone for some time. I sit at a table with Rian though and order some drinks. "Alex is pretty happy that you came with us tonight", Rian says as he's also starting to drink. I smile. "I'm pretty happy he even wanted me to come with you guys." "He only talks about you lately. He wants to meet you all the time, we're already starting to tease him with it because he tries to schedule everything after when you have time." I blush. I can't believe he's saying that but I'm seriously happy to hear that. It's just amazing and exactly what I needed for cheering up. I don't know how long I sit there, talking to Rian but he's so nice and entertaining while Alex sits over at the bar. I always expected Rian to be a super nice guy so I'm happy that I'm kind of becoming friends with him. Hours pass and we just talk and drink. Mostly about music and old bands. Suddenly a guy stands next to me. "Can I buy you a drink?", he asks. "I think she had enough already...", Rian says, looking at all the empty glasses on the table. "I don't think so...", I say. The guy's actually cute. "Alright", I say and smile at him. He takes my hand but as I get up to follow him away from Rian, I realise that I'm already too drunk to walk straight so I'm glad the guy is holding my hand. He buys two drinks at the bar and we go to the dancefloor. Just because I'm drunk, I dance. I normally never dance, I hate dancing. It sucks but now it's actually fun. Especially because I'm not dancing alone. Dancing with this guy is fun, I don't care if I know his name or not. I feel great. Cheering me up with going to a club really worked even though Alex isn't with me at this moment. But it's okay that he's talking to friends, why wouldn't he? Getting tons of compliments from this guy here makes my night. I can enjoy myself without any friends. I don't need anyone. The guy keeps dancing closer to me, touching my arms and then holding my hips while dancing. I don't mind, why would I? I finish the drink and feel even better. I'm alright, why is everyone always worrying about me? I'm completely okay. As the guy starts to come even closer and starts kissing my neck, getting his body closer to mine, I feel stronger. Does he like ... think I'm attractive? Maybe he had too many drinks too. Drink ... I could get one more, huh? "Let me get a drink!", I babble and walk off the dancefloor. Just as I want to order, Alex stands next to me. "I think you had enough after what I saw happening on the dancefloor there", he says. "No ... I didn't." I feel like I'm gonna pass out. No, I'm not. "You did." "Don't tell me what to do", I say, becoming a little bitchy. "I just think right now I know what's good for you." "I think I know what's good for me." "You're drunk." "So are you." "Not as much as you are." "What even is this stupid fight? Just let me get a drink." "No." "Why not?" "Because you had enough." "Fuck this, I will get another drink." "No, you won't." "Why not?" He breathes in deeply. "Just listen to me, please. It's enough." "You can't make me." Suddenly he makes a step towards me and lies his hand to my cheek. He presses his lips on mine, kissing me passionately. I lie my hands into his neck and he wraps his arms around me. He gets his tongue at mine and plays around with it. I breathe heavier, as he pulls me closer, I feel his fast heartbeat. It's as fast as mine is. He gently bites my lip and kisses me even harder. I don't want this to stop. I can taste the alcohol on his tongue and he wanted to tell me I had enough? Whatever. I keep my eyes closed and just enjoy what he's doing just because he didn't want me to get another drink.

"Thanks for driving me home", I say and nervously bite my lip. He smiles. "You're welcome. See, I could drive. I wasn't drunk." "You were." "Not as drunk as you", he repeats. "This conversation is pretty pointless." "Probably." We both laugh. He leans over to me and kisses me again. "You amaze me", he says. I blush and my heartbeat goes faster again as he locks my eyes again. I open the door of the car and get out. "Bye...", I say and walk to the house shaking. I turn around, seeing that he looks at me. I unlock the door and wave before I go in. I might be drunk but I will always remember that kiss at the club. Forever.