Chapter 15: I've Seen You Before

Start from the beginning

I twisted my head his way as I rose up, seeing my phone screen light in his hands.

"What! How did you-" I yelled in surprise.

"You couldn't hear my steps because- just look down," Noah blatantly explained, a teasing grin slapped onto his face. 

I raised one of my dark eyebrow, but nonetheless dropped my eyes. I spotted his bare feet that were only covered by green socks. Of course, that's why I couldn't hear him! He took his shoes off.

Clever one, isn't he? And sneaky... My deep inner self analyzed.

"Smart," I praised him, simpering.

"Not really, any person with a working brain should know to do that," he shrugged.

I gave him a little nod and reached for my bag and water bottle, approaching the stacked up chairs to grab my trench coat. I pivoted on my heels and faced Noah.

"Can I get my phone? I need to shut the lights off, and it goes pitch dark when everything is out," I informed him, shrugging my trench coat over my body and buttoning it up.

"Really? Damn," he held out my phone, but I was too busy shoving my water in my bag to get it.

"Hold it for a second. Come over here, this is where the control panels and switches are," I murmured, flinging on my bag and walking across the stage to get to the other side.

"Interesting," he nonchalantly responds.

I flipped open the little cover for the switches and position my finger to shut everything off.

"Phone," I say, holding my hand out.

Noah placed it in my hand, not yet releasing it as I gripped it. I pushed the switch down and one by one did the bright white and yellow lights go off. The last light flickering off above me and Noah, his face carrying a sly grin on his plump lips before the darkness swallowed us.

Before I could realize what was occurring, Noah wiggles my phone from my grasp and tightly wraps his hands around my wrists.

"Noah!" I screamed, my heart skipping a beat.

He pulled me away from the panel and further onto the stage. I attempted to squeeze my way out of his grip but failed as his strong hold increased.

"Live a little," he whispered against my ear, his warm breath tickling me as he put both my wrists against his chest to bring me closer.

"This is scary and we can get hurt! We can fall off stage!" I blurted, my little hairs on the back of my neck standing up.

"You'll be fine," he says, offering me little comfort. "Follow my voice," he commands, letting go of my wrists.

"What! Where are you going!" I shouted, flinging my arms out in front of me, hoping to grab Noah's shirt and bring him back.

"It'll be fun. Don't worry, I wouldn't do this if it meant you'll get hurt," he said, mollifying my anxiousness.

"You can't even see yourself. How do you know you're not gonna get hurt?" I pouted, known to the fact that he won't see my expression.