CHAPTER 9

CHAPTER 9

What happened to me? Why am I hung on a tree? Are you, are you coming to the tree?..... I force back memories. Instead, I scream and warm salty tears run down my scared face. I kicked the tree over and over, hopefully loosening the branch I'm tied to. My hair is dangling in my face and I blow it to the side. The strands just fall back into my face. Screaming bloody murder, I desperately try to get anyone's attention. I hear noises off in the distance, and I struggle some more. The people have capitol accents, but I can't see them yet. This can't be happening. Any capitol citizen here in district 12 would hurt the mockingjay tied to a tree, helpless. I am the one that destroyed them. I scream to warn them. Whoever it is, knows me and my scream.

"Katniss?! Katniss Everdeen?" Yells the voice.

I don't know if I should reply, scream or ignore my name. So I decide that my chances are better that I could get out of here if I respond.

"Hello? Who are you?"

"Katniss! I missed you! Katniss!"

Who is this?! A adult and someone about 10 years older come out of the woods. They run towards me and I recognize them. It's Bonnie and Twill! They are alive! A smile comes across my face unexpectingly. They made it! .... but why do they have Capitol accents?

"Bonnie? Twill?! Can you untie me please?"

They untie me after a while, and I sprint out of the woods, stumbling on the brush on the woods floor. I trip over a stump and blood comes from my lips but keep running and running and running and running until I am out. I look back to make sure they aren't following me and go to the house steps. Pulling on the doorknob, it's locked. Peeta and Rose must be looking for me! Instead of looking for them, looking for me; I climb through a window, take off my boots in front of me, and lay on the couch. I cry because of all my tramatic experiences in my life. I rub the fabric on the couch so it gets darker when i push towards me and lighter when I push away from me. Tears and blood mix, staining the couch but at this moment, I don't care about anything but myself. My stupid life! I have had the worst life ever and I shouldn't even be here. Why did I let Bonnie and Twill untie me? They should have left me there to die. It wouldn't be a bad idea. All my loved ones are dead or damaged beyond repair. Anybody who even has seen me once is damaged beyond repair or dead. If I was dead first, they all wouldn't be. My little duck Prim, would happily be enjoying her life with her love and children. Mother would be happy again. Peeta would still have his leg. Gale wouldn't be emotionally helpless. Finnick would have an amazing life with Annie and his son. I wonder how they are doing? Oh wait; they are probably dead too, because of me. More tears mix wit my blood and the water makes the blood almost like a red staining dye. Pretty soon if it stay here, our couch will become a giant bandage to catch all my sorrow and pain. Peeta and I were supposed to go to district 4 today! We could maybe see Annie and her son! I ruined everything, like I usually do, because I could not sleep any longer. All because I was jittery with excitement. All of a sudden I find a need to tell Peeta and Rose I'm okay and go to district 4 with him. Getting up, I lazily put on my boots again and reach for the door. Blood still comes through like a river and those wet tears a second ago are dry and sticky on my face. I crinkle my face to attempt to make the tears crack. Instead, they stay sticky and I deal. Then I get to business.

"PEETA!!!!"

I screamed his name just like I did in the 74th Hunger Games when they said we could both win. Too bad they were lying and they caused this rebellion onto themselves. Keep remembering that Katniss! It isn't your fault. At that, I dash to the uncleaned side of town.

"PEETA!"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey hey hye! :) I know these are getting shorter but I've been getting into softball travel team again so I've been busier. You like? Can I ever get feedback? There are over 200 of you reading this, of course you can take 5 seconds to give feedback. Any feedback! But if you don't like it, tell me why so I can improve. Thanks! Loaf you all

Peace, Love and Hunger Games,

Hannah