CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER 16

Everyday I grow bigger and bigger. People are suspecting things since I bought the pregnancy test. I've been all of over news and people try to figure out if I'm pregnant or not. I see headlines on the newspapers saying; KATNISS EVERDEEN CAUGHT BUYING A PREGNANCY TEST! IS THIS FORMER VICTOR PREGNANT WITH PEETA MELLARK, THE OTHER FORMER VICTOR'S, BABY!?!?. I hear my name all over the news, but nobody in public knows yet. My stomach continues to grow a bit bigger and bigger each day. Peeta will kiss my stomach every day. Rose will sing to her sibling. I feel a tiny kick once and a while, but nothing big. I suppose I should go to a doctor now. I just don't want the public to know. I want it to be announced whenever I want it to be announced. I still call a doctor for an evaluation. He agrees and he says he cn take me today. Rose and Peeta want to tag along, so I let them.

"Mommy, is it a boy or a girl?"

"I don't know yet, sweetie. We will find out today. The doctor may act a bit shocked when he sees you, since you were a very unexpected baby. He might not even know you are born."

"Okay."

I walk in and people stare at me. My stomach isn't big enough for people to suspect anything, but Rose is the main attention. People whisper to each other, obviously not knowing Rose was born. She seems a bit uncomfortable, so I squeeze her hand. Everyone points at us with wide grins. We all keep walking and we wait for the doctor to call us in.

"Uhhmm Katniss Everdeen!" The receptionist calls.

We all get up and greet with the doctor.

"Who are you, little one?"

"I'm Rose!"

The doctor turns to me, surprised.

"Is this your daughter?"

I nod. He leads us into the room and puts cold gel on my stomach. He sticks a bunch of electrical chords on top of my stomach on the gel and tells me to lay down. The metal bed is cold and uncomfortable. Peeta grips my hand as we wait for the images of our baby to show up. Soon, blurry black and white stuff shows up on the computer. The doctor is reading the X-ray and then turns to us. He has a big smile plastered onto his face.

"Is it a boy or girl? Do I get a sister or brother?" Rose says excitedly.

The doctor turns to us.

"A boy and a girl."

Rose looks confused, and I am too.

"My new sibling is a he-she?!"

The doctor hestitates and looks into all of our eyes before saying; " No. You have twins."

I nearly vomit right there and then. Twins?! I have 2 kids in my stomach?! This can't be happening. One is enough to have, but two?!?! Peeta looks at me excitedly and kisses my forehead. I give a weak smile and Rose is still confused.

"What are twins?"

Peeta looks at Rose and says; "That means Mommy is carrying 2 children in her belly, Rose! You are going to have a sister and brother!"

Rose looks in my eyes, shocked. Then she glances at my stomach.

"Mommy isn't big enough to carry 2 babies!"

It's my turn to speak up.

"Right now, the kids are very tiny. They are about the size of your foot, Rose. They will get bigger as I get closer to having them. Soon, I will be SO fat, I won't be able to do anything!"

Rose giggles at the thought.

"Katniss, you couldn't be fat with 100 babies in your stomach!" Peeta says.