CHAPTER 31

Sorry for the wait! I hope it will be worth it for you all though! :)

Peace, Love and Hunger Games,

Hannah<3

CHAPTER 30

It's been 2 months since Iris's death. Each day we got through differently. All of us, but mostly me. After all, I killed her. Peeta tells me I didn't and it was an accident, but i know I'm guilty. The only reason I didn't commit suicide to be with the rest of my family and friends, was Peeta and the kids. They are the only ones that kept me somewhat sane. I love them to bits for that. I would love them to bits even if they didn't kept me sane! They are my only flesh and blood left. They are the only people in the Everdeen family. Well except Peeta, but I bet he feels the same. His family was killed in the bombing, so i was the only one he had left. Until our children came along. They feel rare to me. The only Everdeen and Mellark blood come together to make Everdeen/Mellarks. It's the best piece of art Peeta has ever made. And I helped him with it. With our toast. So here I am, getting styled for my wedding.. It's my wedding day. He walks through the door as I begin to panick. What if something goes wrong? What if he says no? What if I say no?! I silently panick.

"Katniss, since it's YOUR wedding day, what kind of makeup do you want? You choose." Flavius asks.

"Umm make it as natural as possible but still pretty and presentable, please." I whisper.

He nods and begins my makeup. Venia and Octavia fuss with my hair to make a gorgeous up do.

"It's finally happening, Katniss! Your WEDDING DAY! Ever since we first saw Peeta looking at you when you weren't looking, Venia and I knew that he would win you over! Ohhh I'm so happy for you 2!" Octavia screams.

I smile. He looked at me when I wasn't looking? That's adorable.

"We're just about done. We'll see you soon! As close as we can sit to you guys, I will!"

"Thank you. Thanks for everything. From the Hunger Games, to the capitol, to the victory tour, to the Quarter Quell, to my wedding day you guys have been there for me. I can't thank you enough. Really."

Venia lets a silent tear run down her face.

"It was all our pleasure. Thanks for letting us use you as a doll."

"Eh, I had no choice, but you are welcome."

We laugh. Then they each kiss my cheek and suddenly I'm alone. The nerves kick in. So many things could go wrong! I feel my hands get clamly as Haymitch (looking pretty nice if I do say so myself) opens the door.

"Hey Sweetheart, you look great! Are you excited?" He asks, clearly sober.

"I-I'm scared." I studder.

"So you're scared to marry a boy you've known forever and had 2 or 3 kids with but you weren't scared to volunteer your little sister's place in death? I think that's a bit weird."

Then he looks into my face more closely and notices I'm not joking. He brings me into a hug as I begin to sob with no tears.

"You're alright sweetheart. It's your time to grow up, things like this will make your life better. This will be one of the best days of your life, I'm sure of it. He loves you sooo much! Don't worry, Katniss, everything is perfect. You're okay. Don't cry."

I hug him harder one last time before braking apart to get down to the wedding. His arm makes a hook, signaling me to link arms. I shakely put my arm through his and walk down the stairs to outback. The ocean behind the ceremony is gilsening an amazing blue and the grass we're all on is a electric green color. It's perfect. Haymitch motions me to stop behind a wall so nobody can see me yet. I take a minute to calm my breathing, then I nod. Taking one step out of behind the wall, cameras flash, making my head spin and my vision blurry. Of course the capitol would bring in people to spy on us. Nothing is going to ruin my day though. I take another step so my foot can be seen by everyone. Slowly, I repeat until my face is shown. The cameras flash crazily and I can't see anything, but I keep my head high for posture. My long and heavy dress follows me as I walk down the isle. The gems and sequins on my chest sparkle as they catch the flash of the cameras. Eventually, the cameras calm down so I can see straight again. I look around at my surroundings and find people turned in their seats to look at me. Everything is set up so well and it's elegant. Very elegant. This is it. I finally venture my gaze to Peeta. He looks at me and our eyes latch. His smile is too big for his face and his eyes show love and happiness. The way he looks at me right now, keeps me latched on until I reach the end of the isle. Right now, I'm oblivious to any of the camera. Haymitch lets me go and kisses my hand before going to his seat. Then, Peeta grabs my hand to claim it is time for the ceremony. For the first time, I examine him. He wears a black tuxedo with a gorgeously patterned white and black tie. His hair is natural and curly like usual, only a bit more tidy. His eyes are a brilliant blue color as blue as the ocean. He's perfect.

"Hey" I whisper in a low tone to him.

"Hey. You're absolutely beautiful and stunning, Katniss.

"Thank you."

I can feel the video cameras toning in on our brief conversation. Then, the ceremony begins.

((You know all the blah blah blah blah stuff, so i am not gunna write it! Hahaha saves 10 minutes of my life. :3))

"I do."

"And do you, Peet-"

"I do!"

The crowd laughs and I giggle silently. The priest shakes his head playfully and supresses a laugh.

"Okay well then I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride"

((LOL I SPELT BRIDE WRONG AND AUTO CORRECT CHANGED IT TO BIRDIE! LOLOLOLOLLOL hahaha. Funny, I know. Had to interrupt the story for that brief humor moment.))

He leans down to kiss me and I close my eyes. His lips touch mine and the crowd errupts in cheers. To make it quick, I brake away first.

"Don't make the kiss too long!" I whisper.

"I'll just have to wait until district 4 then!"

Then he winks at me. I laugh and grab his hand and hold it up, just like we would do in the first games. In the tribute parade, I mean. At this moment in time, I couldn't be happier.