CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

I wake to the smell of Peeta baking some bread. Rose's little feet are making soft, but loud, running noises as she sprints down the hallway. I rub my eyes and undo my hair from its braided pattern and climb out of bed. I gingerly open the dresser drawer and grab some presentable pajamas and my bath robe. Quietly, I open the door to our bedroom and slip into the kitchen. Peeta tells Rose to be quieter so she doesn't wake me up, and of course she doesn't listen. It doesn't matter anyways since she already woke me. I stand on my tipy-toes and give Peeta a light kiss on his cheek.

"Good morning, Peeta."

"Morning, beautiful."

Rose stands behind us, making gagging motions and giggling. I roll my eyes and go to hug her.

"Good morning, Rose! Nice to see you this morning too!" I exclaim sarcasticly. Peeta smiles and picks Rose and I up, balancing Rose on his shoulders and holds me bridal style.

"Hey!" I say, half laughing, half speaking.

"Look mommy! I'm taller than you!" Rose says. I look up past Peeta's chest and face to see Rose smiling like a fool.

"Well YOU grew pretty fast! ... did i shrink?" I try to say.

Peeta laughs and looks me in the eyes and says, "You know I've told you millions of times, Katniss. You CANNOT lie!" He leans forward to give me a sweet kiss on my forehead and Rose lurches forward. She screams and Peeta reassures her that he would never drop her.

"I would NEVER drop you! I would drop your mother because I know she can handle it." He says, looking at me as he speaks. My mouth drops open.

"Peeta!"

"Relax, I'm joking! I would never let go of either of you. I promise. Rose, it's time to hop off." She jumps down and i expect Peeta to let me go, too .... but he doesn't. He just stares at me and checks me out. I pretend not to notice, but I blushed. Since when have a blushed so much? He continues to look me over and Rose watches intentively. I whisper to Peeta, but he's in a daze. The timer on the oven beeps and he finally wakes. I can only guess what he was thinking about while checking me out. I wonder how Rose feels ...? Peeta walks to the couch and lays me down gentley, then takes the bread out of the oven. He cut into it and i groan at the smell. It smelled SO good! He gives Rose a peice, tells her to be careful, and hands one to me.

"Thanks."

"Your welcome." He responds. He adds quickly, "When Rose is with Haymitch tonight, I have a surprise." Nodding, I pick at my bread and eat it slowly, savoring each bite. Rose comes over and rests on my chest, slowly chewing her bread. I fiddle with her hair, admiring its look.

As if reading my mind, Peeta says, "Your hair was exactly like that when you were younger. It is amazingly beautiful." He comes and sits on the couch with Rose and I. He wraps his arm around the both of us and puts my head to his shoulder. He kisses my head and i lay there, entranced in him. He knows that he has full control of me now, but doesn't use that to his advantage. I think it is because Rose is here. I close my eyes and take a nap on Peeta and hold my baby girl close to me. I don't know what I would do without him.

_______________________________________________________________________

sorry! Short chapter! :3 VOTE! COMMENT! <3

Peace, Love and Hunger Games,

Hannah <3