Chapter Twenty Four: Human Nature

By the time Landon and I got home it was around 4, yes 4 in the fricking morning!

After saying our goodbyes I collapsed onto my bed only to be woken three hours later again by the construction workers right outside my window.

Just my luck.

So if you were wondering why I'm about to pass out on the kitchen counter trying to eat my cereal, now you know.

"Well well we'll, if it isn't my hobo looking sister." Ryan tuts, pulling up the chair next to mine.

I try to respond, but having zero energy, I sputter some form of gibberish.

"Ah I see. Now how shall we tell Dad that you snuck out with Knight last night and got home at around 4am?"

I jolt up instantly.

"I didn't-"

Ryan puts his hand over my mouth shushing me. "Now now, let's not bother denying it when I saw you both." His face turns hard. "What did I tell you about hanging out with Knight."

I remove his hand from my mouth and cross my arms. "And I told you that I can hang out with whoever I want."

"Stay. Away. From. Him." He warns.

"Not until you give me one good reason why I should."

"I can't- just stay away from him Heidi, as your brother I don't want you getting involved with people like him."

What is up with him and Landon hating eachother? Maybe I could get some answers out of Landon since my brother's a total dick.

I get up, not bothering to respond to Ryan, and put my cereal bowl in the sink.

"Don't be mad I'm just protecting you."

"What you're doing is trying to get me to stop hanging out with my friend just because you don't like him. I just think it's pretty ironic of you to do that since you went ahead and dated Stella, the girl I hate."

That sure shut him up. I move past him and grab my keys. I go outside and hop into my car. Ryan has legs, he can walk to school today. I start the car and quickly drive off before he can get in. Call me a bitch but he deserves it.

***

"He's a jerk but he does love you a lot, you know?" Gigi points a fry at me.

I suggested we both have lunch outside of school today because A, I stole the car and didn't want to see Ryan and B, because there's way too many guys in our group.

I've had enough testosterone for one day.

"Yeah I know he does..." I mumble playing around with my food.

"However, I don't think that means you stop hanging out with Landon. Have you seen the way he looks at you? Swoon." She sighs dreamily.

I laugh. " You're crazy."

"But you do admit you're attracted to him?"

"Well yeah. His hair has this messy look that only he can make look good. His eyes are the perfect shade of grey. He has a really really nice smile and-"

"His abs!"

My eyes widen. "You've seen his abs?!"

"I went to find Mason in the locker room and there he was. One word; Adonis."

"You're so weird."

"Says the girl who I recall saying just 2 minutes ago, 'And his eyes, OH HIS GREY EYES!' You sure you don't wish you saw his body instead?"