Aiden led Mattie to the set of closed doors behind one of the smaller desks where he swiped his card once again. Opening the door leading to the lab Aiden found Jordan where he always did sitting at a table studying paperwork.

Aiden cleared his throat to get Jordan's attention.

Jordan's eyes never left the paper he studied.

"What is it Aiden?"

"Miss Matilda Leman was picked up from the airport .I am giving her the tour before she begins tomorrow."

"Matilda? What is she sixty?"

"No sir she's just graduated college "

"Did her parent's not like her or something ? What the fuck kind of name is Matilda ?"

Mattie narrowed her eyes

Did they forget she was standing right here?

"I was actually named after my great grandmother "Mattie spoke softly

Jordan immediately looked up

"Miss Leman welcome. I hope the apartment is to your liking "

"It-It's fine thank you Mr Knight sir"

Mattie's reply was so low, her voice so timid Aiden hoped she could handle working with the ever-elusive Jordan Knight.

Jordan focused his attention back to the papers in front of him as Aiden led Mattie back toward the office.

Once outside the closed lab door Mattie muttered

"Is he always this pleasant?"

Aiden chuckled softly "You don't even know "

Aiden walked her back up to her apartment, so she could settle in.

A few hours later, Mattie finished unpacking and putting her clothes away before walking to the kitchen . She needed to make a list of groceries and do some shopping before starting work the next morning.

Grabbing her purse and keys before heading out the door Mattie decided to do the shopping .It was still early and exploring her surroundings would help her better acclimate to the big city she now called home.

Stepping into the elevator Mattie was shocked to see her new boss standing there dressed in a tuxedo looking down at his phone. Mattie turned to the keypad and waited for the doors to close. Jordan's unique smell enveloped her as  they rode the elevator to the parking garage floor which was at street level where she would be exiting.

Stepping out Mattie held the door for her new boss. Jordan muttered an abrupt thank you as he exited .Mattie passed through the main doors hoping a taxi would drive past.

"You won't get a cab like that here "

Jordan's voice behind her startled her.

"If you need to get somewhere Miss Laren ring Gina she can set up one of the company drivers for you."

"Thank you Mr Knight "

Jordan climbed into the waiting town car as the driver closed the door Mattie called the number for Gina to get access to the car and get her shopping done.

Five hours later,much longer then Mattie planned, the driver pulled up to the apartment assuring Mattie he would bring her purchases into the building for her.He also informed her of a great delivery service so that if she didn't have time to restock she could order and it would be taken care of. Apparently, another amenity of working for the ever charming Mr Jordan Knight.

Stepping into the elevator the scent of her boss assaulted Mattie's senses. Jordan stood to the back of the elevator in the same spot as he had earlier again staring into his phone. Mattie slightly waved a greeting as the doors closed once again. Jordan however said nothing as whatever he looked at on his phone captivated his full attention.

Mattie met the driver at her apartment once exiting the elevator,once inside he even helped her put everything away .They talked as they worked together to organize her cupboards and refrigerator .She learned the middle aged man ,Dean had been with the private lab for almost twenty years and Mr Knight had taken over for his father , Roman upon his completion of his degree right out of college about a half a decade earlier.They chatted about the demeanor of their boss as Dean confided that he thought what their boss needed was a good woman to keep his straight ,someone like Jordan's own mother who passed away his sophomore year of college .

Mattie listened intently to the story of the man she now called her boss unable to stop herself  from feeling some pity toward the man who'd been such a rude asshole to earlier that afternoon.