Strings attached, yeah?

"No strings, yeah?" She reminded with an unsteady and breathless tone as she fell back onto a space on the mattress, cradling the duvet to her chest to make sure her tanned body wasn't exposed like it was a few moments ago. With her brown hair sprawled across the pale pillow, she turned her head using her dark dirt coloured eyes to scan over the girl's facial expression. "Right, Lauren? Unless you...?"

"No, I mean yeah, no strings, yeah." She quickly replied, pulling the quilt over her ivory body too as she flickered her emerald eyes over to brunette's gaze and flashed a reassuring smile to convince her, and herself, that there was definitely no strings attached. "Camila, don't worry, this is what you wanted it to be."

Camila stayed quiet for a few moments, digging deep into the words Lauren had just said and found the loophole in it. Was it possible to argue that Lauren was implying to her that maybe she wanted the strings attached because she said it was what Camila wanted but perhaps hinting it wasn't what she wanted? A thousand interpretations flew around her head, all analysing each letter under a microscope like some sort of confused scientist. The best idea would be to ask Lauren if she would consider more than the nearly daily fling but Camila lacked the confidence to address it and there was nothing to address since the green-eyed girl had agreed with the no strings attached. 

Swiftly, Lauren grabbed her The 1975 shirt from the floor and slipped it over her slim torso yet it bagged to her thighs. Then, she leaned over to the bed sided table whilst her back leant against the headboard and lit herself a cigarette she left in her ashtray. At first, Camila didn't like people smoking in her room but the first time Lauren ever asked her if she was allowed, she said yes out of impulse and fear of her leaving; she knew it was bad to lie but she was so anxious to impress Lauren.

After a few minutes had passed, Camila shyly asked with a small blush tiptoeing onto her cheeks, "Was, uh, was I good?"

Scoffing slightly, she placed down the used cigarette into the ashtray and crushed it mercilessly before turning to Camila. She paused for a brief moment, grabbed her face and crashed their lips passionately onto one another. Weakly, Camila reciprocated the kiss with the same amount of effort yet her hands trembled as she slid them under the covers and over Lauren's naked hips.

"Don't ask such silly questions, you know, you're more than good," Lauren joked, letting out a small chuckle but only letting her lips linger an inch away from Camila's. "Nervous?"

"N-no." She stuttered with her eyes boring deep into Lauren's.

"Convincing," Teased the pale girl before planting sweet, short kisses down Camila's neck where it was marked in all differently sized hickeys that she had happily done. When her hand wouldn't stop fidgeting, Lauren became increasingly concerned for her and halted the pecks down her throat then stared at her with a quizzed expression. "Okay, seriously, what's up?"

"It's nothing," Camila reassured, dressing her face up with a misleading smile and she retracted her unstable hand back but Lauren stopped her by interlocking their fingers together then raised her brows up as if to tell the brunette she wasn't easily persuaded. "Honestly! It's nothing."

"Camz," Lauren slowly sighed, "you know, if you have any concerns about, like, this or us, you can talk to me about it."

Frozen, Camila just glared at Lauren with her mouth gaped open slightly and, within her mind, was a cognitive war of what to do. Nerves and fears won as she quickly pulled away from Lauren's embrace and sat up on the edge of the bed, then placed one of her shirts onto her body before she replied with a colder tone, "There's nothing to be concerned over, no strings attached, right?"

"Right." Lauren responded with her tone being filled with sadness and disappointment which was noticeable in her voice and facial expression, yet Camila was blind and deaf to it, "I need to get going, I'll see you tomorrow?"