Who are you?

Camila sat in her favourite armchair next to the window as she stared out at the endless fields, which were soon cut off by forest that spread over thousands of acres. Camila ran her stiff hand through her white, short hair, but soon rested it back on her lap.

She heard the door open and shut, then someone came marching in with numerous shopping bags hanging from their arms. She soon felt someone besides her and kiss her cheek gently, before pulling up a chair next to her.

"Darling, how are you feeling?" The feminine voice asked as she turned her head to look at the women with piercing green eyes.

Her hair was just above her shoulders and could tell by the ageing that her hair had faded from black to grey. Her skin was saggy and wrinkled, but she was still as beautiful as ever. Camila processed the lady and squinted her eyes, adjusting the glasses on the bridge of her nose.

"Who are you?" Camila asked with a quizzed expression painted over her face and the lady frowned, trying to not let it hurt her.

"It's me, Camz." The green eyed lady stared into her chocolate orbs for some sort of recognition. "Lauren? I'm your wife."

"Ah yes." Camila smiled happily. "Lauren Jauregui, leader of the maths club."

Lauren blushed slightly, planting another kiss on Camila's wrinkled cheek and intertwined her fingers with the Latina's.

"Lauren!" Camila yelled, yanking her hand from hers and holding her cheek where Lauren had kissed. "I told you we can't be seen together in public!"

Lauren sighed heavily, looking down at her golden ring around her third finger on left hand. When Camila was slowly forgetting people's birthdays or appointments she didn't think it would ever escalate to this. An incurable disease where you watch your love one slowly forget you and your memories.
However, maybe Camila wouldn't remember the present but she would remember the past from over 50 years.

"Tell me how we met again, Lauren."

"Well, it was in high school in the year 1955." Lauren began. "We were both 15 and complete opposites. You were the captain of the cheer squad and I was the captain of the math's club. We were partnered up by our maths teacher, since you needed a tutor." Lauren smiled as Camila nodded eagerly, seeming to remember it all. "Then, we began revising together and I slowly got to know you and definitely fell for you. Eventually, one night when you at my house, in my room, you kissed me. I was too nervous to gather myself to make the first move, but soon afterwards we had our first night of passion." Lauren smirked, shooting her wife a cheeky wink as the Latina giggled at her goofiness. "So, we began dating in secret. No one really accepted gay couples back then and your parents were extremely against it, but we made it work." Lauren paused, interlocking her hand with Camila's and rubbing her thumb back and forth over the aged skin of Camila's. "We had our ups and downs because we were both scared, but we both confessed to our parents and after being rejected from our families at the age of 18, we left together."

"And I regret none of it." Camila smiled genuinely, gazing at Lauren in such an admired way like she did over 50 years ago. "We made it, now we have this shitty, but cheap apartment."

"Camz, that was years ago, remember?" Lauren said with a unnoticeable sigh. "We live in this cottage now."

"Ah yes, sorry." Camila flashed an apologetic smile as she kissed Lauren's cheek.

Lauren took a deep breath and both of the girls stared out at the beautiful view, whilst keeping hold of each other's hands.

"Lauren."

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"I want children."

"Camz..." Lauren started, frowning slightly. "We already have three children. Amelia, Henry and Emma."

"Oh yeah... it's Henry's fifth birthday soon." Camila smiled excitedly, clapping her hands as Lauren shook her head.

"No Camz, Henry is 44, Amelia is 42 and Emma is 41." Lauren corrected, squeezing Camila's hand comfortingly when she saw the brunette frowning slightly.

"Where are they?"

"Well, Henry, his wife and the grand kids live only an hour way, Amelia and her children live in France, but they're coming to visit next week." Lauren explained as Camila nodded slowly remembering. "And Emma and her husband live in Iceland and are also visiting next week, so the whole family will be together soon."

Camila smiled in response. Lauren wasn't sure if she remembered, but she was acting like she did.

"What did we do after the apartment?" Asked the brunette, furrowing her brows confusingly.

"I got a huge promotion in work and we saved enough money to move to England." Lauren grinned happily. "We got married straight away and a few years later, we adopted our three beautiful children."

"Henry is a lawyer." Camila stated randomly.

"Yes he is and Amelia is a detective and Emma is a surgeon." Lauren explained further as Camila nodded rigorously. "They paid for this cottage together for us when we retired."

"I'm glad we had such lovely children and grandchildren." Camila sighed contently. "I love you, Lauren."

"I love you too, Camila." Lauren smiled happily.

They both leaned in and shared a passionate kiss as Lauren placed a hand on Camila's wrinkled cheek. They sat back in their seats and both gazed out at the sight outside their window. They sat peacefully for 10 minutes, until Camila stared at Lauren with a confused facial expression. Lauren was just as confused, until her heart sunk when she realised what had happened.

"Who are you?"