A pessimistic person

Lauren cursed to herself quietly as she stared up at the ceiling tiredly. She glanced over at her clock, which flashed '2:00am' causing Lauren to release an annoyed sigh. She turned on her beside lamp, crawled out of her bed slowly and seated herself in front of the desk with a mirror. Gazing in the mirror, the green eyes were dull and stooped with tiredness as she pulled out a wipe to rub away the dry mascara down her reddened cheeks. Her hair was a wild mess from the lack care, but she couldn't remember the last time she cared about anything. All she does is lie in bed, listen to The 1975 and be miserable.

She wasn't always like this, she remembers when she use to feel joyful, but the fame can make anyone go down hill. After their most recent album, Lauren changed. She was sad over the tours, pushed everyone away, distanced herself and isolated herself from everybody.

It wasn't until Camila came into her room one night when Lauren was only in her bra and underwear did she see something horrific. No not Lauren half nude, instead she saw red lines across the green eyed girl's inner thighs, that ran deep in her flesh and looked new.

"Hey Lauren, do you hav--" Camila mid asked, waltzing into Lauren's room without caution, until she saw her friend only wearing undergarments.

However, over the porcelain skin of her inner thighs was something Camila could never imagine. She never thought Lauren would purposely hurt herself. She gazed at her the cuts in Lauren's inner thigh that sunk deep into the flesh and blinked a few times to make sure she wasn't dreaming. She glanced up at Lauren's green piercing eyes that glinted with fear and noticed the girl was frozen to the spot. The tension was thick between them as Lauren bit her lower lip anxiously.

"Please don't tell the girls." Whispered Lauren, twiddling her thumbs awkwardly.

"I won't." Camila replied, her dark brown eyes fixated on the self inflicted lacerations. "As long as you talk to me about... that."

"Camz..." Lauren whined slightly, releasing a heavy sigh; she hated talking about this stuff.

"Sit down." The brunette ordered, strolling over to the bed as she placed herself in the centre of Lauren's bed.

Lauren huffed, slipping on an over sized t-shirt that barely covered her bottom and exposed the wounds slightly. Climbing onto the large hotel bed, Lauren seated herself opposite Camila and kept her awkward stare on her lap, whilst fiddling with her fingertips. Camila scanned over Lauren's beautiful and natural face. However, once giving a proper look, she noticed the sadness in her green orbs, bags hanging from under her eyes, her falling lids and the lack of happiness within her. How was Camila so blind from this?

"Tell me why you did this, Lo?" Camila asked with a soft tone, glancing towards the cuts.

Lauren shrugged shyly, lowering her head as if she was being scolded. Although, Camila wasn't going to let this go. She wasn't going to neglect her friend again and allow her to go through this by herself. Camila was determined to get an answer from Lauren, no matter how much she would have to pried it out of her.

"I just want to help you." Camila pushed, resting her hand on Lauren's knee and giving it a light squeeze of reassurance. "Just talk to me."

"I'm sad." Lauren whispered, gazing at her fingers still. "I'm so sad and I don't even know why. I get so frustrated with myself and angry and I hate feeling like this, but it never stops; I'm never happy."

"How long have you been feeling like this?" Camila questioned, rubbing her thumb back and forth delicately as she watched Lauren's lips move slightly.